the obstacle

Angel Falls, Devil Rises

 

Author’s POV

 

Dara stood in shock as they continued to kiss. She was too frozen to react. It wasn’t aggressive and like the first; it was gentle and sweet. Jiyong pulled back and looked Dara in the eyes. He wiped his thumb on his lips.

 

“Yum, I like dark chocolate too. What’s your reply, Park?” he asked with a strong tone. But his eyes were clear: CHOOSE ME PLEASE.

 

Dara couldn’t bring herself to reply or move an inch. He felt shocked and guilty at the same time. Jiyong broke up for Sulli just for her? He went through all this trouble just to make her feel special? Dara stared up, still wondering in her thoughts. So the same guy that hated her months earlier now likes her? Is he trying to make her choose her bestfriend over her boyfriend?? She stood in shock with no expression or words.

 

Suddenly Jiyong disappeared right in front of her. It was Seunghyun that replaced him. He looked down at the ground with a very scary expression. There laid Jiyong, massaging his jaw. He got up and wiped the blood of his mouth. He returned the punch. They were both now in a fist fight. Numerous amounts of students recognized them and formed a crowd. Siwon appeared with Bom, Donghae appeared with Sulli, IU appeared with Youngbae, and Daesung appeared with Seungri. They all had very surprised and shocked expressions. They all looked at Dara who was still standing there like a doll. They couldn’t make their way through because of all the people in front of them. Most of the students watched with awe. Some even took out their phones and recorded the scene of the two most popular guys fighting.

 

“HOW DARE YOU, JIYONG! DARA’S MY GIRLFRIEND!” Seunghyun roared.

 

“I’M SORRY HYUNG, BUT I LOVE HER TOO MUCH TO KEEP IT IN THE INSIDE! I LOVED HER EVER SINCE I MET HER!”

 

“STOP, YOUR CRAZY. YOU CAN’T STEAL MY GIRL. SHE’S NOT A TOOL. SHE CAN’T JUST TRADE GUYS! SHE’S MINE AND FOREVER WILL BE!”

 

“SHE’S ALSO MY LIFE, HYUNG! AND THE CHOICE IS UP TO HER ISN’T IT?! LET HER CHOOSE! DON’T BE SO OVERPROTECTIVE LIKE A BROTHER. OTHER PEOPLE FREAKING LOVE HER TOO!”

 

“HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON MY SIDE?”

 

“I WAS AND STILL AM, BUT I CAN’T HOLD IT IN. MY HEART WAS TELLING ME TO DO THAT.”

 

“YOU’RE ING HEART . SHE’S MINE. WHAT ABOUT SULLI? DID YOU JUST THROW HER AWAY, MY BELOVED SISTER?”

 

“SULLI UNDERSTANDS AND SUPPORTS ME TOO. I LOVE SULLI, BUT I LOVE DARA EVEN MORE! PLEASE HYUNG, JUST LET ME HAVE HER!”

 

“STOP IT! YOU’RE MY BESTFRIEND. YOU’RE MY BROTHER NOT RIVAL!”

 

Dara snapped back into reality as realization dawned on her. Jiyong and Seunghyun are BEST friends. They’ve known each other more than they’ve known her combined. They’ve never got into a serious fight before. Not until now. They’ve been friends for so long, but now they’re fighting for a girl. They violated the rule, bros before hoes. They’re now fighting over one girl, Dara. She forced herself to raise her head and look at the men that are the most important to her. Pain shot through her chest as she watched the two best friends fight.

 

“Stop,” she whispered, but the kept going.

 

“Please, just stop.” She said in a stronger tone. Nothing.

 

“STOPPP!” she yelled. The two men froze with both of their hands on each other’s collar. They both looked softly at Dara, not minding the pain in their injuries.

 

Seunghyun already had a black eye, blood running through his head, and some purple marks on his arms. He looked at Dara with so much sympathy and pain. He couldn’t think of living without Dara in his life yet his best friend chose to steal her away. He didn’t know what to even do anymore.

 

Jiyong had a black eye also with a bloody lip and purple marks on his legs. He did feel guilty about stealing her away or just trying to. After all, they were as brothers. He even dumped the perfect girlfriend, Sulli. He was ashamed, but at the same time, not. He debated this after he realized his feelings during the bet. He knew that Sulli had already figured it out, but chose not to notice. He knew that he would have to face the consequences and he did. He only hoped Dara might consider choosing him.

 

Dara walked up to them and separated them easily. Their hands slipped off each other’s collars as they continued to stare at Dara. They all stood in silence for a few minutes. Dara’s eyes were glued to the ground. When she finally had the strength, she pulled up her arm and started to write on Jiyong’s note with her hands trembling. She tried to hold back tears. She looked up toward the both of them.

 

“You guys are fighting over me, right? Well STOP. I can’t do this. I can’t break your friendship apart just for me.” She turned toward to Seunghyun and held his hand. She forced his to open up and placed something in there. When she let go, the item was revealed to Seunghyun. When he opened to see it, his eyes widened and his heart shattered into a million pieces.

 

“No,” he whispered, but Dara turned her head away and nodded. He grabbed onto Dara’s shoulder and held on tightly, as if he was going to lose something.

 

“Please, this isn’t funny. This is a joke right? Don’t lie. Just say that it’s a joke and you didn’t mean it! Do that face you do when you always say, “Just kidding!” Please tell me that this is not your true feelings!”  Seunghyun choked out as years began to flow down his face. It took all of Dara’s willpower to break away and not cry. She still didn’t meet his gaze.

 

“It’s true Seunghyun. I’m so sorry.” He knew she was serious when she called him by his real name. She kissed his cheek and went over to Jiyong.

 

“I’m also very sorry too,” she also kissed his cheek and placed the note in his hand.

 

She began walking towards the gate. She looked slightly back at the two crushed figures.

 

“Don’t follow me. I’m going out for a drive. I’ll be back soon…I promise.” She turned her back and left the school gate. They would regret letting her go forever.

 

Jiyong held the note up. As he read it, Seunghyun collapsed on his knees and put his arms to his head.

 

“AHHHHHH!!!!!!” he screamed in frustration as everyone stood in shock. The object rolled across to the ground. It clinked onto the ground; it echoed throughout the entrance. Seunghyun looked lifelessly at it. His engagement ring just sat there.

 

Jiyong lowered the letter and fell back to the ground on his back. The letter slowly fluttered to the ground like a feather.

 

Dara,

 

My hater, my bestfriend, and my girlfriend, I know you’re lovey dovey with Seunghyun, but I have to tell something. I just have to say this. I know you love Seunghyun, but I also love you. Saranghae. I love you. Please choose me,”

 

~Jiyong/G-Dragon.

 

I’m so sorry, but I love you.

I can’t choose between either of you.

Live on without me please.

-Sandara Park, your past “girlfriend”

 

It wasn’t her rejecting him that had hurt. It was her attitude. It was her cold attitude.

 

5 years later

 

Seunghyun walked up and down the room as he waited for the phone call. The phone suddenly vibrated as it played the ringtone.

 

He flung himself toward the phone.

 

“Hello?! ANY NEWS?”

 

“Seunghyun, we didn’t find anything extremely important,” the voice on the other side said.

 

Seunghyun rubbed his head and cursed under his breath.

 

“But we did find one thing in her car,” the voice continued. “We found a one way train ticket to Busan that was buried between the seats, but the date was…… 5 years ago.”

 

Seunghyun paused, “I get it. Well, that is where she was born. Thanks anyways Jiyong.”

 

He said and rubbed his hair in frustration.

 

Today was the anniversary… five years since Dara’s disappearance. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, well wut do you guys think? it's getting good rite? :D

sigh, i didn't update this in sooo long. oh well, hope you guys will enjoy it.

So as always read, comment, and subscribe <3

~Rolling_star