zealous

My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Jinjin.”

 

Taeyeon called for Jin, who was standing right next to the railing, but she got no response. After climbing up to the rooftop, she finally found who she was looking for. But he didn’t even turn to look at her.

 

“Jinjin…?”

 

She tried again. But she had the same response from him, or the lack of it. So she slowly walked her way to him. As she gets closer, she realizes his gaze is far away and seems to be deep in thought. She grabs onto his arm gently so as to not startle him. “Jinjin.”

 

Finally, Jin noticed her. “Oh Taetae.” Then look around if anyone else is with her.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked. “Did everything go well last night?”

 

“Uhm, yeah I’m okay.” He answered. “Why'd you ask?”

 

“Well, the younger officers told me you’ve been up here since a while ago.”
 

“Oh.” He smiled at her. “I was just waiting for you guys. Is everyone here already?”

 

She nods. “Yes, downstairs. That’s why I came to get you.”

 

“Then let’s go eat lunch.”

 

Taeyeon thinks something is up. Jin doesn’t usually space out while hanging out on the rooftop, especially when alone. He’d always prefer to wait in comfortable places where he can sit and do things or wait patiently. Most of the time, when he waits for them, he never waste time by just standing or sitting, he’d be doing something productive on his phone or laptop. But she decides not to pry Jin about it just yet. She’ll wait for him to talk to her voluntarily. She trusts her instinct. Even though Jin was deep in thoughts earlier, she doesn’t seem to feel that he’s worried.

He looked rather calm.

Maybe he was just thinking of something or daydreaming about someone.

 

 

 

===

 

 


 

Taehyung is copying notes eagerly.

 

He came early today. He wanted to make sure that it’s him that will be waiting for Jin and not the other way around like yesterday. He also wants to be done with this notes before Jin arrives. The notes he wasn’t able to finish last night because he ran off to follow Jin outside.

 

 

Speaking of last night, he paused for a while, recalling the events at the bridge.

When he boldly told his roommate to trust him, he didn’t actually hear Jin’s answer. Not because Jin intentionally left him hanging, but because it suddenly poured.

The rain made them realize that they were still on the bridge and that if they didn’t move, they’d be drenched wet. So they quickly ran until they got back to their dorm room.

When they were back, Jin insisted for Taehyung to use the bathroom first. So the younger one did.

When he got out, Jin immediately went inside.

He initially planned to wait for Jin until he finished, so he sat on the chair at the small dining table. But he didn’t realize he had dozed off. When he woke up past midnight, Jin was already sound asleep on his bed.

And this morning, like every morning, the senior woke up and left first.

 

 

Now he wants to show him that he’d finish copying and all there is to do is to read them over and over out loud with the right pronunciation in front of the senior. Then to eventually be able to memorize them.

 

When he noticed someone walking close to the table, his lips formed a smile and he immediately stood up to greet, anticipating it to be his roommate.

 

But it wasn’t Jin.

 

“Taehyung?” She asked. “Kim Taehyung-shi?”

 

“Ah, yes, that’s me.” He slightly bows towards her. “You are…?”

 

“I’m Dahye, third year political science student and your permanent tutor from now on.” She answered.

 

Taehyung stood there confused, his pen slipping from his fingers.

 

When she noticed his reaction she asked. “Seohyun sunbae told you about it right?”

 

No she didn’t. He thought to himself. But in order not to be rude, he forced a smile that he hopes didn’t look awkward. “Seohyun sunbae must’ve been really busy, she forgot.”

 

She accepted and understood the situation. Then her attention falls on the notebook and study material in front of him. She points at it. “Are you studying already?”

 

He looks down to his own notes and the study material that Jin put together. Put together especially for him.

He didn’t answer, and just stared at it for quite a while.

A dejected look now obvious on his face.

 

 

 

===

 

 


 

The group had just finished lunch and they started standing up getting ready to leave.

Yoongi, Seongwu and Minho left together.

Seohyun didn’t join them for lunch today.

 

“Are you going back to the student council?” Taeyeon asked.

 

Jin stopped in his tracks.

 

“Isn’t Dahye up to take over to tutor your roommate today?” She asked again.

 

That’s right. Jin thought. He is no longer Taehyung’s tutor. He had always been a temporary from the start anyways. He forces a smile and just nods.

 

“Are you doing anything important? If not, can you please do me a favor?”

 

Clearly she was just being polite, she knows he will never say ‘no’ to her just like how she can’t say ‘no’ to him. “Sure what is it?”

 

 

 

===

 

 


 

“Where’s Lana?” Hoseok asked.

Hayeon just came out of the ladies room and joined him and Taehyung on the hallway. “She’s still inside.”

“What’s taking her so long?” Hoseok asked again, checking the huge wall clock at the end of the main hallway.

Taehyung thinks Hoseok should’ve been used to it by now. Lana always takes a while in the ladies room especially after lunch and before class. But he also understands that Hoseok doesn’t want to be late. For the record, he hasn't been, it’s just that he wants to walk to class leisurely and not in a hurry.

 

All of a sudden, the attention of the other students not far from them were directed at something.

 

A white range rover pulled up by the side walk way and two tall and handsome figures got out from the vehicle.

 

All the girls including Hayeon, who was right by Taehyung’s side, were in a trance. One of them even said out loud that she can hear ‘Almost Paradise’ in the background and the other girls simultaneously agreed. Taehyung didn’t know what this ‘Almost Paradise’ they were referring to but when he started to clearly see who those two people were, his interest was piqued.

 

But seeing his roommate smiling and talking comfortably with someone else, it wasn’t a good feeling.

He had his eyes on them as they walked away through the courtyard together then continued towards the opposite building, which was exclusive for international studies and political science students only.

 

“Taehyung!”

 

His attention only left the two males when he was called by Hoseok. Lana is apparently done and they’re heading to class now. He reluctantly pulled his eyes away from his roommate and followed his friends towards the stairs.

A resentful expression replaced his dejected look from earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, thank you for helping me out.” Jungkook said as they both continue walking to class. “Noona was right, as expected, you’re really a wine expert.”

Jin clears his throat awkwardly. “Expert is a bit...” Not sure if Taeyeon really said he is a wine expert or that she spoke highly of him so Jungkook made that judgment himself. “I just happened to know some wine.”

“I am now much more confident in my choice of birthday gift for my grandfather.” The first year adds.

“Well, since your grandpa already loves wine, I’m sure he will love any kind of wine that you give him regardless.” Jin replied.

“This year is different hyung.” Jungkook said. “He’s retiring.”

 

At first Jin didn’t get the correlation, it’s not like he won’t see his grandfather again after retirement. But he didn’t think too much about it and just thought that Jungkook wanted the best for his grandfather.

 

Jungkook smiled at the quiet senior. “I need to be on his good side.”

“Good side?” Jin’s eyebrow raised. “You’re his only grandchild, shouldn’t you already be on his good side, if not the favorite one?”

“Ah, it’s complicated right now hyung.” The younger one answered as he looked away, eyes seemingly b with determination. “I’ll take you out to dinner and tell you about it later when I already have the upper hand.”

 

No need for it to be over dinner, you can just tell me about it. Jin thought. He really was curious, but decided he won’t inquire further as the other doesn’t seem ready to share it just yet. Besides, he sounds confident about it, whatever it is.

 

 

 

===

 

 


 

Jin and Taeyeon were laughing about something funny they recalled that happened back in highschool when they arrived in the student council office.

 

“By the way, thank you for accompanying Jungkook earlier.” She said before entering. “It’s that time of the month and I really didn’t wanna go out and walk around.”

He puts his hand on her back patting it lightly as if comforting her. Since they grew up together and are as close as family, she’s always been open to him about this particular female ‘thing’. Even though he doesn’t know the exact feeling she’s going through, he understands the science behind it. “Don’t mind it. Are you feeling better?”

She nods. “It’s not really that bad. It’s just that, I don’t want it to get worse.”

They were about to get inside when Jin couldn’t help but ask. “What is up with Jungkook anyways?” He was really curious. “He mentioned wanting to get on his grandfather’s good side but when I asked further he was rather cryptic about it.”

“If he didn’t tell you about it, what makes you think he has told me?”
“Aren’t you close?” He asked, then followed up. “Of course not as close as we are, but you know what I mean.”

“He seems to see me more as a role model kind of senior, but not just in school settings and social life but especially in business relations.” She explains. “I think that kid thinks I have a book called ‘How to Be the Sure Heir’ or ‘Inheritance 101’, he’s been asking me for advice and guidance.”

“With how you helped me to where I am now, he’s definitely come to the right person.”

“Well, my counsel doesn’t come cheap.” She said matter-of-factly. “Also, remember Jungkook and I are only friends because you two were friends first. Apart from that, we have no interests in common whatsoever.”

Jin laughs because said counsel is free to him and him only. But wait… “Were you implyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter