Chapter 7 - Backwards

From red to black then baby blue

Chapter 7

 

 

————————————-

 

“D-date? “

 

He stuttered disbelieving What he heard.

 

“Yeah go freshen up then we can go.”

 

She grinned.

 

Jongin nodded enthusiastically quickly downing his coffee before going to the toilet.

 

So Hee laughed before picking up Beom and walking towards the baby’s room.

 

 

Five minutes later Jong In was standing by the front door with his jacket already on.

 

He rocked on his heels waiting for his wife to be ready.

 

As so Hee walked past him to the kitchen Jong in grabbed her wrist a silly smile on his face.

 

“So hee I just wanted to say that I’m really happy we’re going on a date. Just the two of us.”

 

So Hee furrowed her brows her lips curling up slightly.

 

“Three If us you mean.”

 

She replied continuing her walk to the kitchen.

 

Jong In was stunned before he could mentally put on his filter the words already come tumbling out.

 

“You boyfriends coming along?”

 

So Hee froze turning around to face him, pure confusion written on her face.

 

“My what?? “

 

She stated.

 

“Jongin it’s me you and baby. I can’t leave him alone.”

 

She gave him a weird look before continuing towards the kitchen.

 

Jong in wanted to die in a hole.

 

——————————

 

Pushing the pram along the park path Jongin and so Hee walked in silence.

 

“How have you been Jongin?”

 

So Hee asked as they sat on a bench.

 

Jongin pressed his lips in a straight line replying,” I have been better.”

 

Silence resumed.

 

So Hee sighed before picking her son up from the stroller.

 

He watched as she his face and placed him on her lap.

 

“How old is he? “

 

“3 months.”

 

So Hee answered.

 

“So Hee can I get straight to the point? “

 

He asked grabbing her free hand. She stared into his pleading eyes, sighing she pulled her hand away.

 

“Jongin can we just enjoy ourselves today I wanted to have a good day out together.”

 

Pulling a tight smile be nodded.

 

Grinning so Hee plopped baby Beom into his lap.

 

“We can start with you looking after the baby while I buy us coffee.”

 

So Hee quickly got up before Jongin could protest.

 

Jongin watched his wife’s figure disappear across the road.

 

“Looks like it’s you and me.”

 

He smiled playing with the little boy.

 

“Do you think that your mummy still loves me? “

 

He asked the oblivious Child who was more interested in the ring on his left hand.

 

“Are your daddy and mummy still together? I don’t know who he is.”

 

Beom looked up staring at the grown man, a bright toothless smile on his face.

 

If only I could smile like you.

 

Jongin smiled sadly the baby’s head causing him to giggle. Would things have been different if you were mine?

 

Holding up his arms Beom clapped his chubby hands together.

 

“Let’s just have fun today.”

 

Jongin mumbled carrying the baby up grinning brightly.

 

Stopping on her tracks, so Hee held two cups of hot coffee.

 

She smiled as Jongin carried Beom. Nuzzling his face into the baby’s belly.

 

She was going to be selfish one last time. This date was the first and last time she would pretend that her relationship was okay, her family was ok and her sanity was intact.

 

After today she wasn’t going to see Jongin again.

 

She didn’t want to.

 

————————————

 

After having dinner together and getting though a baby meltdown consisting both the baby and Jongin in tears.

 

He was so horrified at how loud the tiny baby could scream. He too was in tears. Leaving so Hee to console both her baby and husband.

 

It was evening when Jongin waked so Hee back to her house.

 

“Is this your house? “

 

He asked as they entered the lift.

 

“I’m house sitting for my Cousin.”

 

She replied, getting her keys out .

 

Beom was already sound asleep in Jongins arms.

 

Entering the house, Jongin placed the baby in the baby room aka guest room.

 

He smiled his head.

 

Leaving the room, he spotted so Hee seated in the kitchen.

 

She was taking out two cans of beer.

 

“Want a drink? “

 

She grinned cutely, clinking the cans together.

 

Jongin smiled happy he was able to see his wife’s cute smile again.

 

He nodded taking a seat next to her.

 

“So Hee I had a great day today.”

 

“Me too “

 

She mumbled taking a sip of her beer.

 

“So Hee. Come back. Please.”

 

She froze.

 

“I know you said not to say anything today but I can’t help it. I’ve been miserable the past few months. I know I made a mistake but I can swear that I didn’t cheat on you. I know it doesn’t mean the way I treated you was alright. B-but I can’t function without you. I took a month off just to get my together. But when I saw you all my self-assurance that I will be okay without you came crumbling down. “

 

He choked slightly, unknowingly he had begun crying.

 

“When I found out you had a baby my heart stopped. Because you had moved on. I don’t know what to do. I just miss you so much. You’re next to me physically but your soul is a thousand miles away. When you left I thought to myself; Where did things go so wrong? When did all this happen? “

 

Sniffling Jongin stared at his can of beer.

 

“I miss you So Hee. And I still love you so much. Come back to me please.”

 

He didn’t dare look up, her silence already convinced him that he was going to be rejected.

 

“You should go Jongin.”

 

“W-why?”

 

His voice cracked as he finally looked up to his wife.

 

On her face was a sad smile and her eyes were slightly teary.

 

“I just c-can’t.”

 

She replied as more tears streamed down jongins face.

 

“…fine I’ll leave.”

 

He muttered.

 

“But I wanted to give you something.”

 

Reaching into his jacket Jongin pulled out two very familiar items placing them in front of so Hee.

 

Her eyes widened as she saw the two items.

 

“This belongs to you. “

 

Jongin placed the all so familiar circular metal piece into so hees palm.

 

“You can sell it or throw it away. It belongs to you. I don’t care. “

 

But through his eyes, anyone could see he cared. A lot.

 

“And this is the house key. If you ever change your mind and decide to come back. I’ll be waiting.”

 

Jongin forced out a smile before getting off his chair.

 

Taking a deep breath, he turned away from so Hee getting ready to leave the house.

 

Halfway to the door he halted.

 

Turning back, he marched to so Hee. His hands cupped her face as he leaned down placing a soft peck on her lips.

 

“I’m sorry. I love you so Hee. So so much.”

 

He whispered so softly she almost missed it.

 

Jongin immediately retracted his hands and left the house without looking back.

 

So Hee felt like her shattered heart has been burned to ashes.

 

—————————————