Chapter 02

Love At Gunpoint
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few nights later Jaejoong sat in his room on the windowsill looking outside at how their men got ready to leave for business again. He knew they were to meet up with the Jung-clan again, he overheard the talk his dad had with the group that will go tonight.

His dad really went full out after the last time and didn't allow Jae to even just go out in the garden without a bodyguard. The teenager found this more than ridiculous and annoying, but then he didn't dare to argue his case face to face with his old man. Sneaking out, however, still was an option and with that Jaejoong hopped off the windowsill and to his feet, rushing to change his clothes to black jeans and a black hoodie. He pulled the hood on his head and as far down as the fabric allowed to cover as much of his face as possible. Black sneakers followed and then he was ready to go out, hoping he would be able to hide in the dark as well as he thought he could.

At least his father didn't place any guards outside the house under the teens window, who would have thought Jaejoong would be able to climb down from the second floor anyway. That boy was never good at climbing up on things.

Once Jae was securely on his feet again he looked around first, to make sure no one was near and then he made to sprint across the garden, to the back of their property into the little forest that marked the end of the it. He knew where they were going to meet up and if he was fast he would be able to catch up with running there because he could take some short-cuts.

 

On that same night, Yunho was once more riding his bike through the streets; this time at a more moderate pace tho and with a helmet securely on his head. Around him rode his Hyungs in their black cars, and for once no one was yelling at him to slow down or stop. The teen shouted in an outburst of delight as the wind hit his face, and he couldn’t help himself as he hit the gas just a little; he got a loud honk for that. Once a Babysitter, always a Babysitter, it seemed. But tonight, Yunho was too excited to be annoyed by his chaperones.

Arriving once more at the battleground, Yun took off his helmet and jumped off his bike while ruffling up his flattened hair. He didn’t really know why he bothered though; it would be a mess again soon anyway. And it wasn’t like he was trying to look good for anyone.

“Young Master.” One of his Hyungs called out to him; and for once he wasn’t shouting. “Remember what your Dad said, go for the Kim boy; no one else. The rest you leave to us, alright?”

“Yes.” Yunho nodded. “But really, you don’t have to tell me. Dad already had that talk, so spare me.” It was true, his father had sat him down earlier that day and warned him to stay out of trouble. As well as explaining in no uncertain terms what would happen if he didn’t. But he had also patted Yunho on the back - in front of everyone. “Go son, make me proud,” he’d said, and there was nothing Yunho wanted more.

“Looks like they are not here yet.” Another one of their men came over; no doubt after having had a look around the lot. So his “date” was late. Yun chuckled as he flexed the muscles of his arms, did a few trying kicks in the air.

No worries, pretty boy. I’ll wait right here for you.. For as long as it takes.

 

Jaejoong stumbled out of the forest onto the streets, he kept running; through small alleys and across dark streets. And he actually managed to get to the meeting point right the moment his dad's men got out of the cars too. But he chose to stay hidden for a moment, he wanted to see how everything would turn out.

However, as he let his gaze wander around a little his eyes fell on that boy from last time. Jae unconsciously clenched his hands to tight fists. Yes, that was exactly what he had hoped for. He wanted to continue from last time and see who would win this match. Jaejoong still was miffed that they were forced to break apart last time. He was sure he would have won that fight, or at least would have been able to punch that face again, probably break the nose for good. But he would try again today.

 

“Alright! It’s showtime!” One of his Dad’s men nudged his shoulder and when Yunho followed his gaze, he saw that a line of cars had just pulled up at one end of the battleground. He moved a bit forward; as far as it was safe to, looking around searchingly hoping to see that familiar, pretty face. “Come on, where are you?” Yunho mumbled as the enemy clan appeared; a man at a time, but with no sign of his nemesis. “Did Daddy ground you or something? For coming out to play with the big boys?”

He was not able to hide his disappointment anymore and turning around, Yunho kicked at the ground in frustration; cursed under his breath. And that was when he saw him...

It wasn’t easy, dressed as he was; all in black. But Yun would have recognized those eyes anywhere; angry and dark they glared right at him, and right then the Jung heir felt a strange surge of excitement going through his body. He glared back and when their eyes met, he spat on the ground. Clearly, he was not the only one who had been looking forward to this. Finally, it was payback time! Ignoring his elders, Yunho headed straight to where the other boy was hiding; walked up to him; a grin now curling up his lips.

“Hey! You! Pretty boy!” he called out as he got close enough. “You playing hide and seek and waiting for me to come find you? Or are you really hiding, cause you know I’m gonna kick your today?”

 

When the other came in his direction Jaejoong straightened up, his expression darkened even more at being called “pretty boy,” but then a humorless laugh came from his lips.

“I don't need to hide from you.” Jae looked the other up and down. “I clearly remember that you were the one with a bleeding nose last time.” A smirk on his lips now too as he winked at the other teenager. He had his fist still balled, ready to start whenever the other made a move.

But then a shot rung through the air, too close, too loud and Jae looked at that direction. The men of his clan didn't know he was there, so he had to watch out for himself more.

That this fleeting second of distraction could be a mistake occurred him just only at the moment a leg collided with his side. He was glad he still had his arms down, so he flexed the muscles in his arm to minimize the damage, but it didn't help that he was thrown off guard and wasn't able to catch himself as his other side crashed into the brick wall next to him.

 

Yunho straightened; happiness and a strange sense of pride racing through him as he realized he’d landed a successful kick.

“That was for my nose…” he growled. Coming up to the wall, he grabbed the other boy by his hoodie; held him pressed against the bricks. “See that?” Yunho asked pointing to the band-aid perched on the bridge of his nose. “I’ve been wearing that since we first met; means I owe you one…” And then he raised his fist; ready to keep the promise made to his father; ready to reclaim his wounded pride.

But this time he made the mistake of keeping his eyes open; wanted to see it as his fist connected with that all too perfect face. Which meant, he saw it as the boy bit his bottom-lip, glared at him with those big, dark eyes, and then; just at the last moment, he turned his head slightly; into the wall behind him. Waited for the blow. And Yunho… He couldn’t do it. For the longest time he stood there; fist raised high, ready to strike. But he couldn’t move. His other hand fisted in the fabric of the boy’s shirt, and he pushed him backwards harder against the wall; shook him.

“Dammit!” the word started out as a noise in his throat, but grew into a scream: “Dammit!!!” And Yunho swung his fist, but not at the boy’s face. Instead he sent a blow to his stomach; making him double over as the hold on him released. Yunho watched him fall, but he did not feel nearly as satisfied as he thought he would.

 

Jaejoong's eyes shortly flickered to said nose, but then he looked up again; his gaze never left the eyes of the other teenager as he waited for the punch to come.

Nothing happened at first and as Jae started to raise his hands to try and get free again the blow to his stomach came. His eyes widened and he doubled over before landing on the ground, on his knees again. His mouth opened as he tried to get air back into his lungs again. Jae clutched the front of his hoodie, pulling it away from his chest as much as he could, with his other hand he was holding himself up, determined to not kiss the ground any more as he already did.

He felt the other one was watching him, but wondered too why he didn't do anything more. That was his chance to beat up Jaejoong, so why did he just stand there?

It wasn't too long that Jae felt able to move again. First slow, to see if the other noticed, but when nothing happened again, he moved his leg fast; trying to get the other boy off his feet too.

 

Yunho’s eyes were glued to the other boy’s face; wondering why he had not been able to smash it in. Sure, a punch to the stomach was great, but it didn’t draw any blood. It didn’t make up for the blow he’d taken. And he hated it. How the other was so easily able to affect him; throw him off and make him hesitate. And for w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter