Chapter 03

Love At Gunpoint
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was some days later that Jae sat together with his private teacher who tried to hammer mathematical equations into his student's head. But despite his usual attentive self, Jae was just a blank mask today with thoughts that only whirled around one topic: “Grounded! Pah! I don't even go to a public school...” His dark brooding gaze landed on his math teacher who was stunned to silence for a few seconds, before he cleared his throat and told Jaejoong to just go and take off the rest of the evening. On his way to his room Jae walked by his dad's open office door. A quick glance inside told him that his old man wasn't in there.

“Strange.” He stopped one of their men who was walking in his direction. “Do you know where my Dad is?”

“The Boss? He went out with a group earlier, some trouble with a shop or something.”

Jaejoong nodded a “thanks” and sprinted off to his room, a wide grin on his face. That was his chance for a little freedom! He quickly changed into some street clothes and escaped like he did last time, out his window and through the little forest at the end of their property. Just for a second he wondered why no one was actually watching him.

“Dad trusts me...” His rushed steps wavered a little at that thought. “No!” And soon he stumbled out on the streets. This time, though, Jae didn't run through the dirty alleys. He walked along the main road, enjoying the sun on his skin as he took a look in all the shopping windows along his way. There was this huge park he wanted to go to. He even managed to stuff some money into his pockets, so maybe he would buy ice cream or something.

 

That same day Yunho was heading for the park too with his new furry Baby; Taepoong. The puppy had instantly muzzled its way into the teen’s heart and the strong-willed little Husky was now officially known around the Jung House as the heir’s son.

Walking along the sunny road, Yun was carrying a bag over one shoulder; just with a few things needed for their outing. And right next to him waddled little Tae. The puppy’s mouth stretched around his new favorite toy: a blue frisbee. When Yunho had presented the toy to him earlier that day, the pup had turned into a fluff ball of pure excitement; grabbing the frisbee from Yun’s hands and tumbling to the door, demanding they go and try it out right now! Luckily, the puppy did not know the difference between training and play yet, so this was a good chance for him to learn a few things. And he was already doing well; staying close by Yunho’s legs and not getting too distracted by what was going on around him.

Once at the park, Yunho laid out the blanket he had brought; took out some puppy-treats for Tae and a canned soda for himself. The puppy wasn’t interested in treats now though, and as soon as they were settled in, he scratched at Yun’s leg with his front paw, lifting up the frisbee when Yunho looked down at him. Throw, please! And Yunho did just that; watching as Tae ran amok; chasing the wonderful, blue thing. When he managed to catch it, Yun called him back rewarding the puppy with cuddles and kisses while taking the frisbee from him for a moment. But Tae wanted his toy, so most of the time Yunho ended up cuddling the pup; mouthing the soft fur and softly growling while Tae, frisbee in mouth, wriggled in delight; his little tail going 100 mph.

 

When Jae arrived at the park he was surprised there weren't as many people as he thought there would be with such nice and sunny weather. But even better then, now he could just sit down on one of the benches and watch the people around him; he liked doing that. With a soft sigh Jaejoong sat down on a bench which was in the shadow of a huge tree, so he still got a little bit of sun. And as he was sitting there, looking around he found the cutest puppy he had ever seen. How it chased that blue frisbee and jumped around with it. Jaejoong was smiling watching the puppy, however, as he followed where it run back to, his face turned to stone. “What the...?!” He screamed in his mind. “What is he doing here?! Just my luck!!!” Jaejoong angrily stared at the heir of the Jung clan. “And why does he have such a cute puppy?!”

 

To Taepoong this place was Puppy Heaven. There were so many new exciting smells and things to explore. But most importantly, his Dad and his favorite toy were here. And Tae knew that every time he brought the frisbee back to his Dad, he would get cuddles. Tae loved cuddles, but he loved his frisbee more. And right now his precious frisbee was flying through the air and landed near a big tree. Taepoong had not been this far away from the blanket and his Dad before, but he needed to bring back the frisbee; cuddles were at stake!!! Racing off, the little husky found his toy under a bench; he managed to get in there and grab it, but when he came back out, he bumped against a pair of legs. Woah! That smelled nice! The pup nudged the leg again with his nose, and a hand came down to nuzzle at his ears. Just like his Dad did when he had been good. Thinking he was being praised, the puppy got up on his hind legs, put his front paws up on the person’s thigh and yapped happily. The person laughed now which got the puppy even more excited, and he tried to at the hands touching him.

Meanwhile Yunho was pouring water from a bottle into a bowl he had brought for Tae. The pup had been running around non-stop since they got here, so he figured it must be thirsty by now. But when he looked around him, he couldn’t find his furry Baby or his beloved blue frisbee. Getting a bit worried, Yun now got up and started looking around.

“Tae. Here boy. Come to Dad. Come here…” he called. And then, after just a few minutes he spotted him. Yun was just about to run over to apologize to the boy Tae was bothering, but then he saw who it was. “What the-?!!!”

“Taepoong! Bad Dog. Come Here!” The puppy stiffened for a moment, hearing his name being called so loudly. But when he saw who it was, he yapped loudly again; calling for his Dad. And when Yunho came up to them, he nudged at the boy’s leg again before looking back at Yun, tail wagging; as if to say: “Look what I found!”

 

Jaejoong couldn't help and softly chuckle at the cute puppy. He was amazed how fluffy the fur was and kept touching the dog softly. When the poor pup was called to rudely Jae looked up at the other teenager with a raised eyebrow.

“Don't scream at him like that.” He said with a tender voice; looking back down to the puppy again, patting his head before looking up to the other again. “Is he yours? How can someone like you have such a cute puppy?” Voice nothing less than a challenge. Of course Jae knew they couldn't get into trouble out here and just with them alone, but a little provoking should be fun, right? “And I really can't stand that arrogant bastard...”

Taepoong just was happy, now there were two who could throw his frisbee! And so he got it off the ground again and then struggled to put it down on Jaejoong's lap. But the latter was a little distracted with keeping an eye on the other teenage boy.

 

“What do you mean “how”?” Yunho put his hands on his hips as he returned the glare he was getting from the other boy. “Don’t you know how they say that dogs look like their owners? My Dad gave him to me because we are both super cute and a little bit stubborn…” Okay, so that wasn’t his Dad’s exact words, but who cares? Judging from the boy’s face, he wasn’t buying it anyway. “What? You look like you think I stole him or something. Listen, Princess, I’m not the one going around petting a stranger’s dog; you’re lucky he’s mine. And if you don’t believe me, just look at his collar my name is right- there…” “Oh !” Yunho could hear his inner voice scream at him. “Did you just give that little Kim brat your name?!! Oh !!!” But it was too late, the other boy was already reaching for the name tag around Tae’s neck.

While all of this was going on, the puppy had finally succeeded in placing his beloved frisbee in the other boy’s lap, and he was now sitting, like a good boy, ears sticking straight up and tail thumbing happily as he waited for the boy to notice the toy and start throwing it. Yun watched his pup sourly while waiting for the inevitable. “Oh great. Why don’t you lie down and let him scratch your tummy next?” So much for trying to teach his son not to share his toys with strangers.

 

The snort that left Jaejoong's lips at the others words did hurt in his nose, but he didn't really wanted to laugh out loud. “Cute?! Ha!” Though at being called 'princess' Jae's face darkened even more, but then his eyebrows shot up and a grin spread on his lips, even if the cut did hurt while doing so. Softly he scratched Taepoong's ears and then reached for the dog collar, turning the name tag.

“So, Yunho...” Jaejoong drawled while looking up at the teenager before him again. “...your dad gave you the puppy because you two are similar? Your father thinks you're a dog?” A chuckle left his lips and he quickly over the stitches on his lower lip; to check if it opened again. But then he took the frisbee and that was the moment Tae sprung to life again; excitingly waiting that his favorite toy was thrown. And Jae did just that then, watching the puppy chasing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter