Chapter 01

Love At Gunpoint
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong was just done securing his jacket as a hand landed on his shoulder. When he turned, his dad stood there watching his son with worried eyes.

“Dad...”

But the middle aged man waved his hand. “Let me take a look at you, just for a moment.” After some time Jaejoong's dad breathed a sigh. “I know you are sixteen now, but I would like it more if you won't go with them.”

Jae grimaced at his dad's words and his voice got a little bit of a whiny tone to it as he spoke: “Dad, we talked about it and you promised that once I'm sixteen I can start going out with your men! And they say I'm good enough! I can take some of them down! You saw it with your own eyes!” A long moment of silence came after it and then finally the man nodded a 'yes' to his son, the permission to go this time. At that Jaejoong let out a short loud laugh and hugged his father, before he collected himself again to run out and join the group of men waiting for him. It was his first time going out with them; the first time doing some real Mafia work and he was excited about it. He loved being what he was, what he was supposed to be and that his father would let him take over the clan one day.

 

Meanwhile in another part of the city, another boy was not feeling nearly as much fatherly love as Jaejoong. In fact, Yunho was just starting to entertain the thought that his dad was planning to disown him when there was a knock on the door to his room.

“Young Master, I've got your dinner here...” a voice called, but the teenager didn't even look up from behind the magazine he was currently pretending to read as the key in the lock was turned. “Master Yunho, your father told me to bring you this, and to tell you that he will see you in the morning.” A man in a dark suit put a tray of food down next to Yunho's feet at the bottom of the bed. “Please eat something...”

“Ha!” The man in the suit was just about to close the door behind him when a low, humorless chuckle rang out into the room. And when he turned around, Yunho had put down the magazine and was looking right at him. The teen glared at him with his dark brown eyes; making the man ten years his senior avert his gaze nervously. “So daddy still cares. Could've fooled me.” Yunho's lips curled in a smile, one that didn't reach his eyes. “You know, with the whole locking me up in here. I'm surprised he didn't chain me to the bed too; just to be on the safe side...”

“Young Master, you know he's just worried about you. Since you- ran from us last time....” The man wrung his hands as he spoke, clearly uncomfortable.

“Ah! Yeah. That's right. I did, didn't I?” Yunho sat up on the bed now; the smirk on his lips now real. “By the way, you boys didn't get in trouble, did you? Lost your pinkies or something?” “Uhm... I think that's a custom only used in Japan, sir.”

“Oh. Okay. Well, good for you...” Yunho didn't even look at the food still sitting on his bed. But instead got up and looked out the window above his desk. Outside he could see his dad's men getting ready for another night of battle; it seemed they still had problems with that persistent clan on the other side of town. Yunho wanted to go with them so badly; wanted to help defend what was his. And at 16 he deemed himself more than old enough. Sadly, his father did not look at it the same way.

“It's fine. You can go,” he said without turning around. “Tell my dad, I promise to be a good lil prisoner...” He waited until he heard the door close, the click of the lock. With careful fingers Yunho brought out the small piece of wire from inside his pant-leg; used it to pick the lock on the window with a speed that told that this wasn't the first time. After all, being good wasn't really Yunho's style.

 

In the car Jaejoong watched how everyone got their weapons ready. He was especially fascinated with those shiny and fancy-looking guns some of the men had. He wished his dad would have allowed him a gun too, but that was the condition the old man had – no guns before he was able to shoot their targets at the shooting range perfectly. It wasn't like Jae didn't have a gun, he got one for his sixteenth birthday, it was unfair he wasn't allowed to use it yet. With a huff he looked at the knife he had in his hands, clutching the handle tight.

“Hey Jae.” He looked up at the call of his name, one of his brothers in law who sat at his side spoke to him. “Don't be nervous okay? We will watch over you. You will return home safely.” The man patted Jaejoong's shoulder a little before he turned to his gun again.

Jae huffed at the words but said nothing. “Of course dad told them to watch me and play bodyguard.” He thought and held the handle of the knife even tighter. “I will show them!”

Then the car stopped. Jaejoong took a look outside. They were in some part of the shady outskirts of Seoul. Some of their gamble shops were located here and he knew some of the other shops here belonged to the group they wanted to... meet up with. They wanted these shops, but for the other clan it was the same, at least that's what Jae came up with, why else wouldn't they sell their shops and back down?

“Alright, you all know what to do! Fight as good as you can if they won't listen! And keep an eye on Jaejoong!”

“Oh great, thanks!”

 

Yunho let out a soft "Unf" as he landed in the bushes underneath his window; thankfully it wasn't too long of a jump. Looking left and right he checked to see if anyone had noticed him, but when the coast seemed to be clear, he came out of hiding; and headed straight towards the garage his motorbike was in as well as the cars owned by the clan. Yun knew very well that he couldn't expect a ride. But he'd only walked a few steps when a voice stopped him in his tracks.

“Young Master? What are you doing here??!” A deep breath and a lowly mumbled curse could be heard before Yunho slowly turned around to face the owner of the voice.

“Hi Hyung. I see you guys haven't left yet. Lucky!!” Yun waved to the older clansman; recognizing him as one of their best fighters; and no doubt one of the leaders of tonight's group.

“Sir? What are you doing out here? You shouldn't be here...” He looked at Yunho; eyes narrowing at the ripped jeans and t-shirt. Right now the young master and heir to the Jung Clan no doubt looked every bit like the 16 year-old teen he was; and his tiger-teeth grin wasn't fooling anyone. “What is that in your hand?” the older man asked, eyebrow slightly raised as other clan members came up to them. Oh great! More company.

“This? That's kimbap. You shouldn't fight on an empty stomach,” Yun said before stuffing the food in his mouth, yes, he had decided not to skip dinner after all.

“Oh. But sir, you can't come with us. You know what your father says-”

“Listen, we can do this two ways,” Yunho said, interrupting a speech he by now pretty much knew by heart. “Either you make this easy, and you let me come with you guys without any fuss. I just need to go grab my bike. Or we do it the hard way where you treat me like a kid, say no, and I lose you guys after 3 blocks and make you look like complete morons in front of my daddy. So what's it gonna be, boys?” The group-leader scratched his head as he eyed the grinning boy in front of him. He was clearly trying to keep his temper in check, knowing there was no getting angry at the Leader's son; not if he wanted to live anyway. Then he spat on the ground, and pointed a finger in Yunho's direction.

“You- You really are something, kid...” And turning to his men, he barked out the order, Yunho already knew was coming: “Get him!” And Yunho ran with his entourage of wheezing clansmen turned bodyguards in tow. Luckily he was faster than most, and they were already having trouble keeping up. “Great!” Yun thought. Now he just needed to get his wheels, and then this night would finally start to get interesting.

 

As everyone got out of the car Jaejoong realized that the men saw to it he was in their middle, shielding him, even if they weren't to start a fight yet. They wanted to talk first.

“I really need to grow taller, I can't see!” Jae bitterly thought as he tried to see what was going on in the front. But then there suddenly were more voices and he knew the other group was there too. However, all Jaejoong could do was listen to them. He was held back by his brother in law when he wanted to go more to the front. An angry huff left his lips at that, though he obeyed; like he had learned to do. And then abruptly everything went haywire. A cluster of people, everyone was shoved around and Jae completely lost his sense of direction till he was shoved inside an open alley. He still could be seen there but he was brought out of the most dangerous zone. The moment Jaejoong wanted to join again, he was pushed back by his brother in law.

“Stay!” And gone he was again. Torn between listening to the order and the urge to show them he was able to fight too, Jae stood in his spot, his eyes dancing over the chaos of people, his hands balled to tight fists. He wanted to prove to his dad that he was able to survive something like this, but he also didn't want to go against an order his old man obviously placed.

 

For a brief moment Yunho did wonder if his Dad’s men were letting him escape on purpose or if they actually were as slow as they appeared. Fact was, that he managed to get on his bike and drive off while they were still scrambling about like a flock of black bats; tumbling into their cars to chase down the runaway heir. Yunho already knew where they were going; the lot in front of their gambling parlors having become the recurring battle ground for their meetings with the rival gang who also wanted to claim this place as their own. And that’s how he ended up racing down the dark roads, a herd of black cars hot on his tail. One might actually think he was leading the whole thing; (he liked to think so.) If only it hadn’t been for the panicked shouting when one of his “Babysitters” stuck their head out the car-window every few minutes.

“Sir, please stop! This is dangerous! You're not even wearing your helmet!!!!” And said helmet was then stuck out the window too to plead their case.

“Way to ruin the illusion, guys…” Yun thought, and growled under his breath as he resisted the urge to flip his finger at them. Instead, he sped up. Arriving at the battleground first, he jumped off his bike and stood ready as the first men from the other gang appeared. Yunho could feel the blood pumping in his veins; the adrenaline. Finally, finally he would get to prove himself. Show his dad that he was no longer a kid who needed protection. And hey, if he could show these bastards never to mess with a Jung, well, all the better.

 

Jaejoong moved some steps to the side so he stood right next to the dirty wall, his right hand came up and he leaned against the bricks a bit. His other hand still in a tight fist as he stared into the crowd with lowered eyes; seething at the fact that he wasn't allowed in there too. He tried again, three times actually and every time he was just shoved back where he was now. There was hope that one man of the other group would stumble into the alley too, so Jae could at least do something and not just stand there and watch. He was sure there had to be someone he could take down, there had to be!

“I'm good enough. I really could manage! Why don't they let me show it?! Stupid dad!” For now Jaejoong's thoughts just revolved around those things. He gave up trying to figure something out, to get out there too. There was no chance; every time he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter