The Last One [Part Two]

If I Let You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Joni didn’t bother changing out of her wedding dress. She ran, blinded by tears, to the exit. She was pretty sure she elbowed a staff or two on her way out.

She pushed a heavy door open and saw Mr. Smith, her body guard outside. His face was crumpled in a scowl as he argued with someone over his ear piece. Mr. Smith looked up at the sound of the door opening and immediately opened the door for her, gesturing for her to get in the car. She nods and runs towards the car, almost tripping over the concrete humps in the basement parking. Before she could reach the car, however, she felt her arm being jerked back, sending her spinning backwards.

“Don’t go. Please don’t leave.” Was whispered into her ear as she was encircled in a tight embrace. She barely had a chance to breathe when her lips were crushed with urgent, desperate kisses. She blinked once, twice before she realized that she knew those lips. She relaxed into his arms, felt his hand on her jaw, knew that his thumb would tilt her chin upwards. His hand travelled to her nape. The world tilts and suddenly she is inside her car, the door slamming behind Hyukjae.

“How did you get in here?!” she asks in wide eyed and utter confusion. She blinks a couple of times, the past few seconds catching up with her. She gasps.

“The fans! You concert. Hyuk-ah, no. No!” she starts pushing at him. “Hyuk-ah, you have to go back. You have to get back inside. Hyukjae-ah, please.” She sobs.

“I know. I know.” He soothes. “But I can’t just let you leave.”

“You have to get back inside. They will boycott you!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter