Best Friend by Jason Chen

Music and Lyrics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As requested, here it is. I love this song, this one's a classic. Brings back so many memories. And I just want to clear something, other characters on this story does not reflect their personalities in real life. It's just in the story and only for the story. No hate. I hope I made myself clear. Enjoy ❤

 

-RIN ❄


_______________________________________________

 

It was just a typical boring day for me at school and as usual I got kicked out of class earlier when I'm literally doing nothing, except for sleeping but that's not even a bad thing right? Okay, maybe it is a bad thing for them but not for me, what do they expect me to do? Pretend like I was actually listening even though I'm literally not? Better sleep than never.

 

Im currently waiting for my bestfriend to have lunch together. It's almost 1:00 and I'm starving, what took her so long? Her class ends at 12:30 but she's still not coming out of her room. By the way I'm sophomore in college and my best friend is a graduating student. Yeah she's 2 years older than me and if you're wondering how did we become best friends well its because of our moms, those typical best friends who met and got closer because of their moms, that's basically us. We became best friends when I was ten and she was twelve that time, she's the only person who I befriended with because I'm an introvert. I don't usually socialize with people, I hate it. But then she came. We're literally the opposite of each other, she's talkative and more outgoing than me. I'm also surprised how we get along and apparently became best friends but I'm not regretting anything, my childhood became interesting and fun because of her. Even now, she just made my life better and unfortunately I'm in love with her. 

 

Yeah you read that right, I'm in love with my best friend who I shouldn't fall in love with. I don't know how or when did it start and why, it just happen. I just suddenly feel like I'm in cloud nine when I'm with her, those freaking butterflies in the stomach jeez it hurts so bad yet it feels so good. When I see her smile damn my lips are automatically curving into a smile without my permission, like now. 

 

" Hello? Earth to Sinb? Are you there?" Oh she's here. I was daze by my thoughts jeez that's embarrassing. I'm literally smiling like a fool while looking at her. When did she came?

 

"Oh you're here." I scratched my neck even though it's not itchy at all because of embarrassment.

 

"Yeah, I guess your mind isn't here. I told you to not forget to bring your brain with you. Let's go." I didn't even had the chance to back fire because she literally dragged me to the cafeteria.

 

"What took you so long earlier? Don't you know I'm starving to death yet I still waited for you just to have lunch together? And you still have the guts to tell me that I didn't bring my brain with me?" It's time for me to back fire. We're inside the cafeteria and there aren't much students this time because lunch break is done, and also my class is starting in 15 mins but who cares, I'm starving. We ordered and took our tray and made our way to our usual spot.

 

"Did you?" She didn't answer my question instead fired back with that annoying smirk she does.

 

"Of course, I brought my brain with me it's just not working properly but it's here." Yerin laughed and that's just the best thing I've heard this day. Ugh I hate this, I should be annoyed but I can't. We ate quietly because we're both starving and if you want to know how to shut our mouth, just give us food and we won't talk anymore

 

"You didn't answer my question earlier. What took you so long?" I can't help but ask. Yerin wiped filled with spaghetti sauce before speaking.

 

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. Do you remember that handsome guy I always talk about?" How can I forget that? She literally talks about it everyday and its so annoying, he's not even that handsome. Okay maybe he is but just a little bit. 

 

"That handsome guy who have a cute smile, nice brunette hair, and a daring eyes? I don't remember it." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes in annoyance. I shouldn't have asked that question.

 

"You just literally described his features." Yerin also rolled her eyes on me. 

 

"What about him? Will you describe his outfit again and how cool he is? Because if I were you, you don't have to because I heard of that yesterday and the day before. I get it okay?" I don't know why am I acting like this, I just have heard enough about that guy yet she keeps on talking about him like he's literally the topic in our conversation.

 

"Why are you acting like that? I just want to tell you what happen earlier yet you don't give me a chance to talk." Her eyes furrowed and I can sense that she's getting annoyed too. I lost my appetite.

 

"I'm jealous" I looked at her straight in the eyes and tried to tell her that using my eyes which my mouth couldn't, but I guess my eyes failed too. Yerin started to fix her things getting ready to head out.

 

"I just wanted to say that he confessed to me earlier and ask me for a date tonight, I'm sorry if I think it's a good idea telling you what's going on in my life and if you're interested because you're my best friend, but I guess I was wrong. Have a good day." She emphasized the 'best friend' and that just hit me straight to the bone. She's right, I'm just her best friend nothing more and that should also goes with me. We're just best friends and I have to stick with that. She's obviously not attracted to girls, especially me yet I kept giving myself false hope that maybe, maybe there's a chance. But nope, stop trying Hwang Eunbi you'll just keep hurting yourself.

 

I didn't go to my next class instead I walked around the campus. My mind isn't in the right state for class, knowing that my best friend is mad at me. I'm so stupid, I should just held back my emotions and just listened to her but no,Ijust triggered everything.What else could go wrong?

 

I was so occupied by my thoughts that I didn't even notice that I have reached the end of the campus. This are is prohibited, students are not allowed to go here because it's dangerous. There's a building here that I didn't even know exists and there's a barrier which is filled with barbed wires, I don't know what's on the other side and I don't care, I'll just head back before some officials see me here. 

 

I was about to head back when I heard group of people laughing, I don't know why but I just got curious and and followed their voices and they are at the back of the building. I leaned in the wall quietly and slightly peaked but I immediately leaned back when I saw someone familiar. I'm pretty sure that's him, I can't be wrong. That's Taehyung with his friends smoking cigarettes. I didn't know he smoked, I thought he was a good guy well he looks like a good guy but I guess he's really not. I didn't left yet, I tried to listen to their conversation.

 

"Hey Taehyung. How's it going with that girl?" A guy who has a deep voice spoke.

 

"You mean Yerin?" My heart just skipped a beat just by hearing her name, even though we're not in good terms right now I still care about her.

 

"Well, it wasn't that hard getting that girl I mean she obviously likes me. So give me your moneys because this bet is about to end tonight." Wait what? What bet? So this is all just a bet? 

 

"Well if you will succeed on kissing her. That's part of the bet bro, good luck." What the heck?! One more dirty word I hear from this jerk, I won't hesitate about ruining his face.

 

"Easy, not just a kiss. I'll make this night more memorable for her and for me also." Okay that's it. I showed myself to them and they were all shocked but I don't care. I went straight to Taehyung and punched his face.

 

"Woah! What was that for? And what are you doing here beautiful lady?" This jerk still has the guts to joke around. I held his collar and pushed him so hard to the wall.

 

"Stay away from Yerin!" I can literally feel my face burning in anger, I might get in trouble because of this but I don't care. 

 

"Ohh, looks like someone is jealous here. You like her? your own best friend? I'm sorry to say but your love is unrequited. She's obviously not into girls and I'll make her mine tonight." He smirked after saying that which made me more angry and so I punched him again but this time he punched me too. That hurts so bad that I stumbled into the ground.

 

"You're brave, I like that. But I like a girl who is more submissive like your best friend." I stood up and punched him again, harder than the last one because that's what this jerk deserves.

 

"You can never touch her, and she will never be yours. You stupid jerk, I'll tell her about this and let's see if you can still have your dirty hands on her." I was about to punch him again but this time he sensed it and held my fist. he's much stronger than me considering that he's a guy.

 

"Let's see if you can still go to her after this." I felt the sensation of pain in my stomach and it did not ended to that, someone from his friends punched me in the face and I stumbled again in the ground but I got up again and kicked one of them and the other but someone held my arms and a guy punched me again while the other two are holding my arms.

 

"That's enough boys." Taehyung leaned to me and held my face. I'm kneeling in the ground while the two guys are still holding my arms up.

 

"Once you tell Yerin about this, I won't hesitate on ruining your beautiful face and break some of your bones." I tried to release from their grip to punch this jerk in front of me but they are too strong and my body is aching so bad.

 

"You will never lay your hands on her. I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU!" I felt his hand on my face and I'm sure it's burning red now because of how hard he slapped me. 

 

"L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter