Taemin and Lee

Lovers Inside [Rewritten]

Taemin opened the door to his newly bought apartment in Seven Hills.

Taemin sighed and thought, I just bought a new house, but I have no one to share it with...I wonder where hyung is...

Since young, Taemin and his older brother were separated.

He was taken away by his father, a successful business man and his brother was taken by her mother, a drunk and mean lady.

It's been 19 years since they separated. They haven’t seen each other since.

Taemin was 4 when they separated and he still remembered the day it happened...the day of his birthday;

***

"GO! I DO NOT WANT YOU IN THIS HOUSE ANY LONGER! I HAVE PUT UP WITH YOU AND YOUR DRINKING FOR LONG ENOUGH!" Taemin's dad screamed and his mum, his eyes blaring with fire and his mouth set in a tight line. 

"FINE! I'LL JUST LEAVE YOU AND OUR SONS ALONE THEN! I DIDN’T " Taemin's hyung grabbed him and pulled him into his room and whispered to him,


"Taemin, don't be sad. Mum's going to take me away and Dad's going to keep you. Stay the way you are and don't ever change. The next time I see you, I hope you have become like dad; successful. Goodbye..." 

"HYUNG!" Taemin sobbed. Taemin really didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to loose his brother!

-SILENCE-

"Min...?"

Taemin, opened his eyes slowly, afraid of the sight. When he saw that it was his father looking at him with concerned Taemin smiled. Everything was just a dream, Taemin thought to himself.

"Where's mama?" Taemin asked after he stretched his hands over his head and yawned.

Taemin's father sighed and sat Taemin on his lap and said,
"She gone..." Taemin starred at his father, not understanding what "gone" meant.

"What about hyung?" He said, his eyes lighting up, waiting for a good and understandable reply.

"He...he's gone too..." His dad whispered. His voice sounded hurt.

Taemin sat there, on his dad's lap, silent.

A minute passed, another minute passed and they sat there, silent, going through their memories with each other, and crying silent tears that slide in quick motion down they faces, unforgiving.

***

Taemin picked up his picture of his family.

"Hyung..."

It was unforgivable to Taemin that he had forgotten his brother's name but he was sure he was going to remember it. It was all about time.

All he remembered was that his name started with the letter 'j'...

Taemin sighed and slumped onto the couch, his head buried in his hands as he desperately try to remember his brother’s name.

Just when he was bout to say the name out, his phone rang.

He cried in vain and checked the caller ID; it was Minho. He answered,

"Yo Minho. What's up hyung?"

"Just checking if you're going to come to work tomorrow."

Taemin looked around him and smiled.

"If you are where I am now you wouldn't be asking the question."

"Am I safe to say that it's a no then?" Taemin nodded.

"I guess that's a no then..." Minho sighed.

"Do you know how hard it is to be your best friend and your secretary at the same time?" Taemin laughed, a musical sound. 

"Sorry." They both laughed.

"Nevermind. Do you want me to come over and help you unpack?”

"It’s okay."
"Okay then. See you in a few days."

"Bye."

Taemin smiled and went to take shower.

He touched his bellybutton and thought, I need to eat more, I'm way to thin! If hyung saw me like this he would lecture me!

Thinking of hyung had always made Taemin smile and today was no exception either.

Smiling, Taemin slept, thinking of the times when this brother and he went out to play in the playground.

Those days where so carefree and innocent...

"Hyung...I miss you so very much...where are you...?" Taemin said, as a tear gently fell onto his pillow and he closed his eyes, seeing a smile that warmed his heart.

"Hyung..."

***

Sarah sighed as she left her house to meet her ex.

Jonghyun was going to tell her where Na Neul is.

Sarah had missed her best friend when she was young.

She finally arrived back at the place where she and her ex would always go before they went out on a date; Cafe Couples. She had vowed to herself that she would never set foot into that café every again but she guessed that it was okay for her to break the vow for her best friend.

It was a cafe that had the perfect food, the perfect atmosphere and only couple were admitted inside which was the catch.

She leaned against the wall and looked at her watch; 9.30 am. She was early. Being early had its good and bad points but right now, she just didn't care.

She plugged in her iPod and the first thing her heard was 

"Cold hot baby. Cold eyes baby..." Amigo by SHINee she thought. She adored that song and couldn't get enough of it.

Sarah remembered everything, every happy and sad time when she has with Jonghyun.

When she was with him, from the first moment she set her eyes on his, she knew that it wasn't just a dare that has made her ask him out.

It was because she really loved him, from the very deepest of her heart.

But suddenly, everything had changed the very day her ex called her to win her back. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Sarah..."

Recognizing the voice Sarah hung up, her heart beating quicker than ever, desperate to not let him break her heart a second time. She will always remember what happened on the 6th of May.

***

"Hey Sarah!" Lee hugged her.

Sarah turned around, her smile taking over her eyes. 
"Lee..." They hugged each other, smelling each other, feeling each other's body heat.

When they let go Lee took her to the seats at Cornell Park and sat her down. 

"Sarah...we need to talk." Sarah snuggled to him and nodded, not really paying attention to what he was saying to her. She only cared about that very moment.

"I want to break up." Sarah’s heart stopped, as still as the sky.

 The two words, 'break up' stuck to her mind and she looked up, confused and thinking whether or not she heard right. 

"Did you just say that...that you want to break up with me?"

He nodded and I let go of him. Tears started to spill and she couldn't control the tone of her voice.

"WHY?!?! WHY DO YOU WANT TO BREAK UP WITH ME!?" He looked around him, embarrassed and pulled me onto the seats, desperate to calm her.

"Sarah...I just realized a few days ago that, we've been together for too long. We need some time apart from each other and some time to experience other types of relationships..." He trailed off.

Sarah sat there, tears spilling out of her eyes continuously and her hands scrunching up her skirt.

She got up and turned to face Lee.


"Fine." She says, trying to sound as normal as possible. She wasn’t going to let this get to her. Especially showing her weakness.


"Break up with me, fine, but I don't ever want to see or hear from you again." Sarah walked away her eyes streaming with tears and her hands clenched.

She vowed to herself that she will never see or talk to him again if it was the last thing she did.

***

Sarah looked down at the phone that was vibrating in her hand and stared at the called ID.

She flipped open the phone and once again, broke her promise to herself.

"What do you want?" 

"Just listen. Please." Sarah sighed.

"You have one minute." Lee sighed over the phone.

"I was dared by my friend to break up with you. Please...give me one more chance."

Sarah sighed again.

She sighed because she was scared about the consequences of giving him another chance to be part of her life.

Sarah sighed because she really wanted to have him back in her life again.

She knew, that deep inside that she still loved him. 

"Fine. I'll give you one more chance. But if you break up with me a second time, whether it’s you or a dare, you won't get a third chance with me."

"Thanks Sarah..."

***

"You're early..." A familiar voice said to her.

Sarah looked up and found the once love filled eyes stare at her blankly, empty and emotionless.

 She shook her head and closed her iPod in the middle of "Ring Ding Dong".

"Let's go." Sarah said.

Jonghyun nodded in agreement as he watched Sarah climb onto his motor bike.

As they speed off Sarah whispered,
"Sorry..." Into Jonghyun's ears but he didn't hear her and then she whispered something he DID hear,

"Na...I'm coming..."