Ending scene

The Star and The Moon. ⛦
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : without proofreading 
( bgm : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5ah2JhQx0 )

It was bounded to happen.

Sehun had been giving sorts of signals, that everything just doesn’t worked out anymore. And Jongin had been too absorbed in his bubble of comfort to notice those signs. Maybe it was easier, to feign ignorance of Sehun’s drastic changes when their D-date was soon approaching. Everything has been planned, and Jongin wanted to blame it on the jitteriest and the constant awkward silences that fall on them after a long day.

So, no matter how much Jongin tried to push it back, pretending that nothing ever happened, he couldn’t. Not when Sehun was adamant in cutting off their ties without giving them any more chances. It had been ten years since they got together, and Jongin wondered, does love died easily after years knowing each other?

A week before Christmas’s eve.

Jongin wordlessly keyed in the keys to unlock the door. The front’s light has already opened, and the faint smell of dinner embark to his nose as he stepped inside. His parents must have already back. Seeing that his dad’s shoes was properly aligns with his brothers. It was a habit, since they were child. His mother have always stressed them out to sort and placed their shoes properly so it would be easier. And if they rarely wore them anymore, his mother would packed them in a box and send them off for donation. - “At least you’re doing a deed by giving someone a shoe to wear.” So it stuck. Their front door was never crowded with shoes. But today, there were two extra pairs of shoes.

The tanned male knew the owner of one pair from the two. It was Sehun’s mother, one she has wear for multiple times. Jongin remembered how Sehun once nagged the old woman to buy a new one, but Mrs.Oh was strict on to keep the shoes. It was a black Mary Jane, an old designed. She told him that it was the first pair that her husband bought him for Christmas, three years after their marriage. Jongin thought it was sweet.

They must hasn’t heard the front door been shut in gently. It was a long day, Jongin mused in, noting how it was late already. There were hushed conversations that comes from the living room, and Jongin was about to announce his arrival when his feet halts on his actions when he heard of their talks.

He didn’t meant to ear-dropped.

Not when if it wasn’t of his business. Especially when it involved the elders. Joonmyeon always told him not to mind it, for they will tell him personally if they deemed it was important for you to know and Jongin respected that. He wouldn’t wanted to have someone listened to his conversation too, so it was fair. But today, he couldn’t. Especially when he heard his name and Sehun’s been mentioned in a single sentence that Jongin felt something heavy dropped to the pit of his stomach.

“Sehun wished to cancelled the wedding,” the talks went on, and Jongin’s lung stopped functioning at the uttered words. It was Mr.Oh that announced the sudden news, his tone was heavy, probably regretting his son’s choice. Jongin couldn’t heard what his parents had to say, but he could imagined the pity that would mars on their parent’s face when they saw him later.

The tanned male leaned against the wall that separated the living room and the front door area, fingers tightly gripped on his bag straps. He couldn’t remembered anything about cutting off his wedding. The last time he talked with Sehun, the man looked incredibly tired from the office works. So, the bid farewell early that night. Sehun didn’t replied to his Line text too, about their flower arrangement and when will he want to take the wedding suits. It stay there, jumble of text that solely from Jongin. But in different times interval.

His reverie pops when he heard his father sighed,”If that was what Sehun truly wished. We couldn’t forced him to stay.”

“What about Jongin, dear?” His mother interrupted, “Did Sehun told Jongin about this? Did they fought?”

The Oh’s couple seemed conflicted. And Jongin understand. Must have been difficult to be the one to deliver the bad news. He felt bad for them. Everything just make sense, then. He chided inside his head, all those subtle disinterest in everything. Sehun might be good at masking his facial expressions. They still kissed and wished each other with good morning and good night text, but there was a hard gap that had found itself blocking them from being like the old times.

“I’m so sorry for our son’s decisions. It was sudden, we understands. And we’ll paid for all the wedding expenses-” His father dismissed Mr.Oh’s with a simple wave, eyes crinkle into a small smile, “It’s okay, Sejoon.”

Jongin don’t know which one hurt the most, the fact that his father tried to dismiss everything calmly while trying to smile or the fact that his wedding was cancelled. Nonetheless, it still hurt. But he just couldn’t brought himself to cry. So, he merely clenched his fist, knuckles turned white as he tried to embrace himself to be strong and just walked passed them. Maybe he need some rest now. His head felt like it could burst with the sudden deadline that he need to catch up at the office, how the clients had asked him to changed the storyboard last minutes, week before Christmas’s Eve and the new burden for him to called off his wedding. It caught up on him.

All cards had been send out. His wedding suits has been tailored. The cakes and the preparations. He had paid for the wedding halls. Wrote his wedding vow, pinning them across his wall in the office so he could memorize every bits of its, smiling when the thought of their wedding day come across his mind durin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter