Day 5 - Not Another One!

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Hui (Hwitaek) – Not Another One!

 

You entered your boyfriend’s apartment after a long day of working in retail at the busiest time of the year – Christmas. Your feet ached, you were hungry and most importantly, you never wanted to hear another Christmas song again.

“Baby, I’m here,” you called out tiredly as you shrugged off your coat and hung it up in the entryway, moving into your slippers before stepping up into the living area. You frowned when you didn’t see Hwitaek anywhere and opened the room to his studio.

You heard a familiar tune and immediately shut the door again.

Hwitaek came out and frowned. “What’s wrong?”

“Turn off that dreadful music!”

“You do know you’re dating a musician who has to put on some Christmas performances, right?”

You nodded but Hwitaek continued before you could object. “Besides, there’s nothing wrong with this song.”

“I don’t want to hear another Christmas song for as long as I live,” you exclaimed and he smirked, drawing you into his arms.

“Not even if your handsome boyfriend was the one singing it to you?”

You paused, he had you there. You were addicted to his voice.

“Come on, I’ll make you love this one.”