Day 2 - Santa Kisses

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Yongguk - Santa Kisses 

“Now how many presents do I need to leave here tonight? Let’s see…”

You smiled at the efforts of the man in red in the living room as you peered around the corner, watching as your two children stared with pure amazement at seeing Santa in their living room. Despite their hushed whispered and giggles, the man delivering the gifts under the tree continued on with his loud exclamations and pats at his oversized belly. Eventually, Santa left through the front door and the children giggled as they thundered back upstairs to their beds, having heard Santa mention if they woke up early the presents would disappear.

And then Santa came through the back door. He took you in his arms as you tried your hardest not to laugh at his fake belly pressing into yours.

“The kids will believe in Santa for another year,” Yongguk assured as he leaned down to kiss you tenderly until you heard a loud gasp.

Your eldest stood there, wide-eyed. “I knew Santa wasn’t real, that’s Daddy!”

“It’s not Daddy, Santa was just wishing Mummy a Merry Christmas. Don’t worry, he’ll wish Daddy one too.”

“Like that?”

You hummed in answer as you glanced awkwardly at Yongguk, and once your son went back upstairs you both let out a heavy breath of air. Your husband groaned. “Next year, I’ll get out of the suit first.”