12;

Of Blood and Desire

Hoseok tried to push the forcefield that kept him from getting to Yoongi with his shoulder and swore loudly when he realized that nothing was going to make it come down. Yoongi was laying on the floor groaning in pain, one hand on the wound on his stomach to try to keep from bleeding too much. Because of the silver in the room, he wasn’t healing. He was sure he was going to die any minute now. Jungkook sat helplessly chained to the wall in his cell. He could feel the pull of his rogue vampire wanting to claw its way out of him. The scent of Yoongi’s blood filling the room drove him crazy. Jungwoo was crying. He held onto the bars of the cell, shaking them in desperation to get out. His hands were being burned from the silver, but he didn’t care. Lucas tried to pull him off of the bars so he wouldn’t hurt himself further.

Finally able to move, Yoongi sat up slowly. He braced himself against the forcefield between him and Hoseok and coughed a little. He looked over at Jungkook who was staring at him with worried eyes. “I’m sorry my dad ruined your life.”

Jungkook shook his head. “You don’t need to apologize. If he didn’t, I wouldn’t have met you.”

Yoongi groaned, keeping a hand on his wound. “I know, but still…”

Finally, Lucas managed to pull Jungwoo off of the bars by making him fall asleep. He pulled Jungwoo into his lap and held him close. “I want to apologize to you guys about everything we did. He’s been threatening to kill our friends if we didn’t do what we were told. He promised if we succeeded he would let us and the rest of our friends go. We didn’t want to do any of this. Please forgive us.”

Hoseok let out a long sigh. “To be honest, if my friends' lives were in danger, I would probably do the same.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for. My uncle is crazy,” Yoongi said. “I’m sorry he killed your friends.”

“I have one thing that I’m really sorry about… I really regret it. It was an accident… I didn’t mean to send it to everyone,” Lucas mumbled. “I’ve never used a phone before so I thought I was deleting it but…”

“You’re the one who sent the pictures and the video of me and Jungkook?” Yoongi asked.

Lucas nodded. “Sorry… Technology really escapes me. I didn’t know what was going on…”

“Why did you take the pictures and the video in the first place?”

“There were cute birds in the tree,” Lucas mumbled. “I didn’t realize you two were in the shot too. If you rewatch it and look at the pictures, more of the focus is on the birds… But, uh, I’m still sorry.”

Jungkook chuckled softly. “It’s fine. Everything actually worked out for the better because you sent it.”

Lucas cleared his throat awkwardly and looked down at Jungwoo’s sleeping face. He wiped the dried tears from Jungwoo’s cheeks and sniffled. “We’re all going to die here…” He leaned his forehead against Jungwoo’s and let out a long breath.

“Don’t say that,” said Jungkook. “We’ll get out of here. We just have to—” He stopped when he felt a sharp, shooting pain throughout his body. He let out a strained groan and doubled over forward. Yoongi and Hoseok looked at him worriedly as Lucas flinched and pulled Jungwoo with him away from Jungkook.

“Jungkook, what’s wrong?” Hoseok asked.

Jungkook yelled out in pain. It felt like his whole body was on fire. Taewoo stepped into the room and smirked darkly. “Finally.”

He walked over to Yoongi and Hoseok’s cell and dragged Yoongi out by the hair. He turned Yoongi to force him to watch Jungkook’s suffering. “Look at him change, Yoongi. Aren’t rogue vampires such interesting creatures?”

Yoongi watched Jungkook with pity in his eyes. It was obvious how much pain Jungkook was in and with the amount of silver in the room around them, he was likely to be suffering as he changed. He watched him for about five minutes when Jungkook stopped squirming and screaming in pain.

“Jungkook?” Yoongi said in a shaky voice. Jungkook lifted his head slowly. Both of his eyes now showed a bright, bloodshot red iris on black. Taewoo snickered. “Looks like I win.”

 

Jimin followed Taehyung as they walked about headquarters checking everywhere possible. “You know, if we had a werewolf friend, it would make this a lot easier,” Taehyung joked as they walked along the back forest.

Jimin rolled his eyes. “Be serious, Tae, you know werewolves don’t exist.”

Taehyung chuckled. “I’m just trying to lighten the mood.”

Jimin let out a groan and slumped against a tree. He leaned back against it and rubbed his temples out of frustration. “We looked everywhere. They’re not here.”

Taehyung pursed his lips and peered into the forest. He frowned noticing a structure in the distant trees. “Is there a building out there?”

Jimin looked and nodded. “Oh, yeah. That’s the old vampire jail. The slayers haven’t used that in a very long time. Jungkook and I used to dare each other to get close to it but we never could. Jungkook got closer than me though.”

Taehyung nodded. His eyes scanned the forest before them slowly following the faint path to the jail. “You said the slayers don’t use the jail anymore, right?”

“Yeah. And?”

He pointed to the ground and along the trail. “There are footprints and drag marks in the grass and dirt. If no one was using it, why would they be there?”

Jimin looked down and frowned as he scanned the trail. “You don’t think they’re there, do you?”

“We have to check. It’s the only place we haven’t checked.” Taehyung took a step forward but Jimin stopped him.

“We have to tell Jaebum hyung fir—” Jimin paused when he felt a sharp pain in his chest. He clutched his chest and leaned against Taehyung who held onto him worriedly.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Taehyung’s eyes widened when he saw Jimin’s eyes flash the rogue vampire’s black and red for a second.

Jimin let out a gasp and looked up at the old jail building. “Jungkook… Something’s wrong. We have to go now. We can’t afford to go back and tell Jaebum hyung.”

Taehyung nodded. “Okay. Let’s hurry then.”

He grasped Jimin’s hand and they both bolted for the jail.

 

Taewoo pulled out his blade and dragged the edge lightly against Yoongi’s neck enough to draw blood and threw him into the cell. Yoongi cupped his neck and backed up against the bars of the cell, too scared to care about the silver burning him.

Jungkook tilted his head, observing Yoongi. His eyes fell on the wound on his stomach first and then the hand on his neck. Blood was spilling from between Yoongi’s fingers. A smirk found its way to Jungkook’s lips as he slowly crept forward, his stomach rumbling. Easily, he snapped off the shackles from his wrist like it was nothing and stalked up to Yoongi who watched him in fear. The Jungkook in front of him wasn’t the Jungkook from just a couple minutes ago. The dark aura exuding off of him was almost suffocating and the deep hunger in his eyes pierced through Yoongi making him shiver.

Jungkook took Yoongi’s hand away from his neck and slowly the blood off of it. Yoongi let out a shuddered breath as he watched Jungkook. At any moment, he could strike. At any moment, Yoongi would be met with his death.

Taewoo rolled his eyes. “Yah, can you hurry it up? I’m not going to stand here all day to wait for you to kill him.”

Jungkook looked up at Taewoo and shot him an angry look. “I don’t take orders from you, you . I like to play with my food first.”

“Well, your ‘food’ is going to die from blood loss if you don’t kill him now.”

“And who the hell’s fault is that?” Jungkook shot. “You’re the who decided to spill his precious blood before I got here.”

Taewoo twitched in anger. “Kill him now!”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “How annoying. Making me do your dirty work. On top of that, making me kill what I’ve claimed as mine.”

Yoongi chuckled weakly. He already lost so much blood but he couldn’t help but laugh at how Taewoo really thought that he could control a rogue vampire. He reached a hand up to touch Jungkook’s cheek immediately catching his attention.

He felt the fear build up within him again with Jungkook’s eyes on him again but at this point, he knew he was going to die and didn’t care anymore. “It’s okay, Jungkook. If you do this, you’ll get rid of it for good. It won’t come back anymore.”

Jungkook’s eyes softened listening to Yoongi’s words. “At all?”

“At all.” Yoongi smiled softly. “You’ll still have Hoseok after this. So you won’t be alone when this is all over.”

Hoseok’s eyes widened. “N-No, Yoongi, don’t— Jungkook and I can’t be without you. Don’t give up so easily…”

Yoongi smiled sadly and leaned up, pecking Jungkook’s lips softly. “It’ll all be over if you do this. It’s okay.” He pulled Jungkook into a hug and without hesitation, Jungkook’s fangs were buried deep in his neck.

“No!” Hoseok yelled.

Taewoo clicked his tongue in annoyance. “Geez. Who would’ve thought that rogue vampires could have feelings.” He waved a hand and the forcefield blocking Hoseok went down. “I win anyway. Now, nothing will stop me.”

He stood there watching as the life and color drained from Yoongi’s face. Lucas still clung on to a sleeping Jungwoo cowering in the corner of the cell, but he was now crying. Mostly out of fear. Hoseok was helplessly watching. He couldn’t do anything even if he wanted to. He watched as Yoongi went limp in Jungkook’s arms and looked down to try to keep himself from crying. Jungkook pulled off of Yoongi’s neck when he finished and the blood from his lips.

Taewoo smirked. “Good job,” he said darkly and left the room.

Hoseok looked back up and let out a shaky breath when he noticed Jungkook’s eyes slowly turn back to normal. “J-Jungkook…?”

Jungkook groaned softly and rubbed his forehead. “Ugh…” He shifted and that was when he felt the weight of Yoongi’s body fall against him. His eyes widened as he shook the other. “Y-Yoongi hyung? N-No…No, no please...”

He placed a shaky hand to Yoongi’s cheek and flinched at how cold his body felt. Jungkook let out a soft cry and held Yoongi’s body close.