10;

Of Blood and Desire

Yoongi hummed happily as he shut Jungkook’s room door behind him. He peered over at Jungkook who was sat at his computer desk playing games. He didn’t seem to notice that he was back since he had headphones on. Yoongi walked over and leaned over Jungkook’s shoulder almost startling the other.

Jungkook pulled off his headphones and glared at Yoongi. “You could’ve said something when you came in.”

“You wouldn’t have heard me anyway with your headphones on.” Yoongi rolled his eyes and moved over to the couch and flopped down onto it.

“How was your date?” Jungkook asked.

“It was good.”

“Did you two kiss?”

“Yeah. He also told me he likes me. A lot.”

Jungkook frowned. “But you’re only here temporarily.”

“I told him that. He said he doesn’t care, that he’ll give up being here to be with me. I told him he was crazy but he insisted on it.” Yoongi blushed at the thought and covered his face. “I’m torn. I was supposed to leave after helping you but now…”

Jungkook looked down and didn’t want to say anything but he blurted out something he wasn’t supposed to say. “If I told you I liked you too, would you stay?”

Yoongi paused and looked up at Jungkook. “What?”

“I can’t help it. I really do like you as well. You told me not to fall for you, but I couldn’t help myself.” Jungkook stood up off of his desk chair and moved to the empty spot next to Yoongi on the couch. “Truth be told, I think I don’t only want you. I want… Hoseok hyung too.”

Yoongi stared at Jungkook confused. “What do you mean?”

Jungkook let out a breath. “I never actually stopped loving Hoseok hyung after we broke up. Yeah, I might have been scared of him and all and the feelings were dormant for a while and then seeing you with him, made me jealous… of both of you.”

“Both of us?”

“I can’t explain it. I don’t know why, but that’s how I felt… That’s how I feel.”

Yoongi let out a long sigh. “We should talk to Hoseok about this tomorrow.”

“What? No, we can’t. I… I don’t want him to know.”

“Why not?”

“B-Because I don’t…” Jungkook sighed. “It’s just that… after we broke up and then with his other ex and now you, I don’t think he’s retained any kind of romantic love for me anymore. So, I’d rather not tell him.”

“Suit yourself,” said Yoongi as he stood up off the couch. “Anyway, I’m gonna go shower and then sleep.”

Jungkook caught Yoongi’s wrist quickly to pull him back down. “No. I wanna try something.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “You mean the tips you asked Hoseok for?”

Jungkook blushed. “Maybe…”

“Look, I don’t know what kind of tips he gave you but you probably won’t figure it out.”

“I explored around the internet while you guys were on your date. I think I figured it out. I mean, realistically, I wouldn’t have found yours out from the internet, of course, but I figured something out and I want to try it.”

Yoongi snorted. “Figured what out?”

Jungkook smirked and leaned down by Yoongi’s ear. “You’ll just have to wait and see, kitten.”

Yoongi twitched and immediately, his face turned bright pink. He said nothing and turned his face away from Jungkook.

Jungkook grinned. “I got it right~ Now for your sensitive spots…” He looked over Yoongi’s body and hummed reaching his hands down for Yoongi’s thighs. Yoongi flinched and quickly pushed Jungkook’s hand away from him.

“Cut the bull, Jungkook. You didn’t look on the internet, you asked Jaebum, didn’t you?”

Jungkook grinned. “Maybe.”

Yoongi flushed and pushed Jungkook away from him. “God, I hate you…”

“No, you don’t~” Jungkook mused and pulled Yoongi closer by his waist.

“I can’t believe he told you…”

Jungkook smiled and brushed his lips over Yoongi’s neck. “I’m glad he told me. Now I can be better than Hoseok hyung.”

Yoongi pouted. “I don’t want you to be better than him. I just want you to be you.”

Jungkook hummed and shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah, well, I have a thing where I hate to lose so, I need to beat him.”

Yoongi huffed and wrapped his arms around Jungkook’s neck. “That’s no fun.”

“It’s fun for me,” Jungkook said and connected their lips together without another word.

 

The next day, Jungkook and Yoongi walked up to Jimin and Taehyung at the training grounds. They were laughing with each other as Jimin was trying to give him tips about fighting. They approached both of them and they greeted each other.

“Where’s Hoseok? He’s not here?” Yoongi asked.

Jimin shrugged. “I don’t know. I was with Taehyung last night.”

Yoongi frowned. “Strange. He wasn’t in his room this morning when we checked so we thought he was here with you guys.”

“I didn’t even see him at all this morning,” said Taehyung. “I wonder where he went.”

Yoongi pursed his lips together and looked around the training grounds. “Well, I’m sure he’s around. Nothing to worry about.”

 

Hoseok groaned as he woke up slowly. His vision blurred back into focus to notice that he was in a large, mostly empty room save for the two cells across from each other. He was locked up in one and the other only had a pair of shackles attached to the wall. He stood up and touched the bars only for his hand to immediately get singed.

‘… it’s made out of silver,’ he thought and looked around the room. Silver was everywhere in the room. Suddenly, the door came open and in came Jungwoo, Lucas, and an unknown man. He looked at the three and frowned.

“You two are wasting my time again,” the man said in a loud, raised voice. “He’s not who I’m looking for.”

“B-But you said you needed a half vampire who takes after his human blood,” Jungwoo said, his voice shaking. Hoseok could see the fear in his expression.

“I know, but he’s not the one I’m looking for. Bring me another.” The man turned and stormed out of the room.

Lucas swore loudly and punched the wall out of frustration.

“Don’t do that, you’ll hurt yourself,” Jungwoo said as he took hold of Lucas’s now bleeding hand.

“What is this?” Hoseok asked. “Why am I here? What’s going on?”

Jungwoo bit his bottom lip. “I’m so sorry… We…”

His sentence was cut off when the man walked back in dragging in another male. Hoseok frowned as he watched. He noticed the fear and horror immediately spread across Lucas and Jungwoo’s faces.

“Mark?” Lucas’s eyes widened when he saw the permanent fear in Mark’s eyes.

“What are you doing?” Jungwoo asked. Tears were already welling up in his eyes. He knew what was going to happen next.

“Motivation,” the man said and without wasting any time, he plunged a knife deep into Mark’s chest and twisted it. Jungwoo screamed and rushed over, catching Mark’s body as it fell to the ground.

Hoseok’s eyes were wide as he watched the scene in front of him. Blood was spilled everywhere. Jungwoo was crying. The man snickered evilly before he left the room. He watched as Lucas pried Mark’s body from Jungwoo’s arms and pulled him into a hug.

Lucas glanced over at Hoseok, angry tears streaming down his face. “I’m so sorry… But we have to do this.”

Hoseok looked at Mark’s body and cursed under his breath.

 

It was starting to near early evening and Yoongi was getting more worried. Hoseok hadn’t shown up at all. He bit his bottom lip and approached Jaebum at the mess hall. He had to tell someone about it. The others didn’t want him to because they were sure that Hoseok would show up eventually, but he hadn’t yet.

“Hey, Jaebum, can I talk to you?” Yoongi asked and pulled him to the side.

“What’s up? This… isn’t about what I told Jungkook last night, is it?”

Yoongi shook his head. “Uh, no, but I do want to talk to you about that later. It’s just… Hoseok is missing. He wasn’t in his room when I checked this morning and he hasn’t shown up all day. I’m worried something happened to him.”

Jaebum frowned. “What makes you think that?”

Yoongi glanced around making sure no one could hear him and in a hushed voice, he whispered, “He’s like me. Half vampire.”

Jaebum eyes widened. “He is? Oh… Oh no. Um, well, did you notice if there was a struggle anywhere near his room?”

Yoongi shook his head. “No, there wasn’t.”

Jaebum let out a long breath. “That must mean we have someone here working for your uncle.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask how you know it’s my uncle. You’ve never met any of my other family members than my dad…”

“I haven’t met your uncle, no, but I saw his face the time he came to the cabin and had a dispute with your dad. You remember, right?”

Yoongi made a face. “Right. The day before I figured out you cheated on me.”

Jaebum rubbed the back of his neck. “Uh, yeah.”

“So, my crazy drunk uncle is the one doing all of this? But why?”

Jaebum shrugged. “Believe me, I wish I knew. I’ve been looking through all of your dad’s research all day, every day but I don’t think any of it could tell me why.”

Yoongi bit his bottom lip and suddenly recalled something. “Ah, my dad used one of the notebooks he had as a log of some sort. You know, things that happened he would write it down, new things he found out he would jot it down quickly. Do you have that notebook? There might be something in there about my uncle that could help.”

“Um, maybe. There are so many notebooks, I probably skipped over that. I’ll look for it, okay?”

Yoongi nodded. “Okay.”

Jaebum placed a hand on Yoongi’s shoulder. “We’ll find Hoseok, okay? Don’t worry. And we’ll stop your uncle too.”

Yoongi sighed and nodded. He glanced around and spotted Lucas and Jungwoo. Jungwoo was staring at him, but when he noticed Yoongi looking at him, he quickly looked away. They left the mess hall in a hurry and something told Yoongi not to follow them but he couldn’t help himself.

He followed them toward the training grounds and quickly jogged up to them. “Hey, wait up.” Jungwoo twitched and they both looked back at him. “I have a question for you two. Have you guys seen Hoseok today?”

Jungwoo bit his bottom lip and quickly shook his head. He looked away from Yoongi’s gaze.

“No, we haven’t so, uh, we’ll be on our way.” Lucas put an arm around Jungwoo’s shoulders and right before they turned to walk away, Jungwoo broke.

Tears were streaming down his face as he spoke. “I’m so sorry but we don’t have a choice. He’s already killed so many of our friends and he’s holding the rest of them hostage as leverage for us to do everything for him.”

“Who is?”

Jungwoo shook his head. “I’m so sorry…”

Before he could react, Lucas put a hand to Yoongi’s temple, putting him to sleep immediately. Jungwoo choked out a sob as Lucas pulled Yoongi out of view from anyone who might see.

“Come on. We have to hurry,” Lucas said. The two of them took him as far as the beginning of the back forest when Jungwoo dropped his legs.

“Yukhei, I can’t do this,” Jungwoo said. He held onto his elbows as his body started shaking. “I can’t… I…”

“Hyung, we have to. Don’t forget that we’re doing this for our friends.”

“I know but… he’s someone’s friend too. If he dies, we’re just as bad as—”

Lucas set Yoongi down against a tree and pulled Jungwoo into a hug. “I know… But… we can’t afford to lose any more of our friends… Or potentially our own lives.”

Jungwoo buried his face against Lucas’s shoulder and cried. They thought no one saw them, but little did they know Jungkook saw the whole thing from the training grounds and was following them silently. Jungkook quietly stepped out from behind a tree and knelt down by Yoongi, checking for his pulse. He wasn’t dead, but he might as well be considering the conversation he heard from the other two.

“What’s going on here?” he asked, scaring both Lucas and Jungwoo.

Lucas put Jungwoo behind him to protect him as Jungkook stepped closer to them. “It’s none of your business. Go away.”

“It is my business. He’s my friend.”

Lucas swore under his breath and charged at Jungkook. He quickly put up his fists to attack but as Lucas placed his hand over Jungkook’s eyes, he was put to sleep as well. Lucas quickly caught Jungkook before he fell to the ground.

“Come on, hyung. Let’s get this over with.”

Jungwoo sniffled and nodded and struggled to pick up Yoongi from the ground.