11;

Of Blood and Desire

Yoongi groaned as he slowly came to. He was in an unfamiliar room in a cell and the only other person with him in it was Hoseok. Yoongi looked around the room and found Jungkook in the cell across with his wrists shackled to the wall. His head was down and his wrists were bloody and raw as if he tried to escape the shackles but to no luck.

“Jungkook…” Yoongi moved over to the bars of the cell and touched them thinking it would be fine but the moment he touched them, his hands were immediately burned. He stared at his hands in confusion. He never had any reaction to silver before so he never imagined it would ever happen to him.

“This place was a jail for vampires back in the day and everything in this room is made of the purest silver,” said Hoseok. He looked up at Yoongi and huffed out a breath.

“But we shouldn’t be affected by it… should we?”

“Have you ever been in a room made almost solely out of silver? In small increments, we would be fine. But silver is literally everywhere in here. It’s too much for even us to handle.”

Yoongi frowned and glanced around the room. “So… what does that mean for us then?”

“Our powers won’t work. I’ve tried to use mine but it didn’t work.”

Yoongi bit his bottom lip nervously. “At all?”

“At all.”

“Dammit,” Yoongi cursed. He glanced in Jungkook’s direction and sighed. “It must be torture for him…”

Jungkook groaned softly and glanced up at Yoongi. “You have no idea.”

Yoongi’s eyes widened as he realized one of Jungkook’s eyes was completely hazed over black with a shining, bright red iris. Hoseok noticed it too and let out a sigh. “So that’s why you’re feeding off of Yoongi. I wish you told me. I could have helped.”

“Yeah, well… I didn’t know that half-vampire blood like yours would help. Besides, I didn’t even know that the rogue vampire would come back. I thought I would just die,” said Jungkook.

“You wanted to die?”

“I did at first, but Yoongi hyung changed that.” Jungkook looked at Yoongi. “He’s given me a real reason to live now.”

Hoseok glanced at Yoongi and then back at Jungkook. “Guess that means you don’t have me in your heart anymore, huh?”

Jungkook snorted. “Oh, like you even retained any love for me after Jieun and now with Yoongi hyung…”

“Of course I did… Of course, I still have love for you. I could never want anyone more than I want you. Other than Yoongi, of course.” Hoseok hung his head. “The day I attacked you and every day after was torture for me. I couldn’t reach for you anymore without you being afraid of me. You had every right to be scared and angry at me for what I did and it broke my heart knowing that. Even when I loved Jieun, and even now that I’m completely in love with Yoongi, I still want you.” He looked up and glanced between the two males in the room with him. “I want both of you.”

Jungkook blushed slightly. “Really?”

“Of course.”

“W-Well, I guess then that I should confess that I want both you and Yoongi hyung too. I was jealous of both of you when you two went on that date and upset you guys didn’t bring me along,” said Jungkook. “Even though I was afraid of you, I could never bring myself to hate you. I love you too much for that.”

“Look, I hate to break up this conversation since it’s so crucial for you two, but we have to figure out how to get out of here,” Yoongi said.

Hoseok shook his head. “There is no way out. I tried everything I could. We’ll probably die here.”

Jungkook sighed and leaned back against the wall in defeat. “Well, that . I won’t be able to get ‘have a hot vampire ’ crossed off my bucket list.”

Hoseok laughed as Yoongi stared at Jungkook judgingly.

“Why is that on your bucket list?”

Jungkook shrugged. “Came up with it the night you two went on that date. Sounded like a fun thing to have on my bucket list.”

Yoongi chuckled. “Geez.”

Right then, the door burst open and Lucas and Jungwoo were thrown in.

“You promised!” Jungwoo yelled, tears streaming down his face.

“Promises are made to be broken,” a man said as he stepped into the room and threw them into the cage that held Jungkook.

“Please, don’t kill them!” Jungwoo was sobbing. “P-Please! Just kill us and let them go! P-Please…”

“Tempting, but I’ll just kill all of you.” He shut the cell and locked it shut. He his heel and when his eyes made contact with Yoongi’s, an evil smirk formed on his face. “You’re finally here.”

Yoongi’s jaw clenched. It really was his uncle. “Uncle Taewoo…”

Taewoo chuckled. “Ah, so you know me. I’m flattered. That means my brother talked about me. I always dreamed about what it would be like to meet you in person. I’ve tried so many times to see you but your dad never let me.”

“Why would he? You’re insane.”

“Insane isn’t the word I would use. I’d say… enlightened.”

Yoongi clenched his fists. “What do you want? Why are you doing this?”

“When I realized what your dad, my dear brother Kangmin, was up to the day he attacked your boyfriend here—” He gestured to Jungkook. “—I realized he was taking the wrong approach to the ritual.”

Yoongi frowned. “Wait, dad was the one who changed Jungkook?”

“I saw the whole thing happen. I was on my way to kill him but Jungkook did it for me.” Taewoo looked at Jungkook and chuckled. “Imagine my amusement when I found out he’s Joonhyuk’s son. That’s when I found out the reason why he picked him specifically to attack. History is truly repeating itself with you two being together. It’s so entertaining.”

“What do you mean?”

“You mean, Kangmin never told you? The reason Kangmin and Joonhyuk hated each other was that they used to lovers. Until Joonhyuk Kangmin and almost killed him, that is.” Taewoo looked between Jungkook and Yoongi. “I can’t wait to see him turn on you as his dad did on yours. It’ll only a matter of time. His rogue vampire will come back and he’ll complete the ritual for me and I’ll become the strongest vampire in existence with no weaknesses. Nothing will stop me. Not even you guys.”

“Why use half vampires? What’s the motivation there?”

“Half vampires have more potent blood compared to just humans and vampires. They are stronger than you imagine,” said Taewoo as his eyes fixed on Yoongi. “Imagine my frustration when I found out I needed a catalyst to complete the ritual. I thought I was lost and then I remembered you. My abomination of a nephew. I remembered you were a half vampire that took after your human blood and thought perhaps you were the key.

“So I sent these two idiots out to find you. Unfortunately for them, I don’t even know your name, and yet here you are. Although, I didn’t think there would be another like you. Imagine my surprise when they turned up with your friend there. But he still wasn’t you.”

“Why do you want Yoongi specifically?” asked Hoseok.

Taewoo’s mouth twitched. “How annoying. Kangmin named you similarly to your mom…”

Yoongi frowned. “Why are you suddenly bringing up mom?”

“Your mom was my love. I loved her, but she chose Kangmin.” Taewoo stepped closer to the cell Yoongi was in and opened it. He stepped inside and his eyes flashed a dangerous red as he bent over to look Yoongi straight in the eyes. “She died giving birth to you. You killed her and, in return, I’m going to kill you.”

In a flash, he gripped tightly on Yoongi’s neck and slammed him against the wall. “I’m going to make sure you suffer like she did.”

Hoseok stood up to charge at Taewoo but he raised a hand and an invisible forcefield knocked him back. Taewoo looked at him and smirked. “Looks like I struck a nerve in this one.” He peered over at Jungkook and snickered. “Let’s see what this does.” He geared back a punch and landed it hard in Yoongi’s stomach. Jungkook growled and yanked on his shackles to move but couldn’t get far.

“How entertaining,” Taewoo said. He looked at Yoongi and chuckled as he squirmed trying to get his hand off of his neck. Taewoo pulled a blade from his pocket and pressed it against Yoongi’s cheek, drawing blood easily. “You look annoyingly too much like Kangmin… But you have her eyes. It’s disgusting.”

Taewoo plunged the knife deep into Yoongi’s stomach and twisted it. He smirked seeing Hoseok and Jungkook’s reactions and hearing Yoongi’s pained cry. He yanked the blade out and threw Yoongi hard against the ground, knocking the wind out of him. He leaned over Yoongi as he pressed a shoe against the knife wound. Yoongi yelped out in pain and tried to push Taewoo’s foot off of him.

“Don’t worry, I won’t kill you yet,” Taewoo said. He looked up at Jungkook and pointed his blade at him. “That’s his job.”

Jungkook growled between clenched teeth. “I won’t do it.”

“You say that now but your rogue vampire will do anything for blood.” Taewoo pressed the tip of his shoe harder against the wound gaining a loud, pained groan from Yoongi. He then left the cell and locked it up again. He made his way for the door and looked at Lucas and Jungwoo. “I would pray for your friends. They don’t have much time left.”

 

Jimin hummed happily as he walked with Taehyung to the dorm building. They walked hand in hand, arms swinging happily. Jimin glanced around and tilted his head in confusion. “Hey, did you notice that Yoongi and Jungkook weren’t at dinner? I saw Yoongi with Jaebum hyung at the start of dinner at the mess hall, but he’s not around right now. And I don’t think Jungkook would just disappear like that without telling us…”

“I think I remember seeing Yoongi hyung follow Jungwoo and Lucas out of the mess hall,” Taehyung recalled.

“Speaking of those two, where did they go?” Jimin rose an eyebrow and looked around. “That’s a little odd… Do you think we should tell someone?”

“We can’t tell Jiwoo since she’s always preoccupied at night… You said you saw Yoongi hyung talking to Jaebum hyung, right? Let’s tell him at least.”

Jimin nodded and they both changed their path, going to Jaebum’s dorm. Luckily, Jaebum had just reached his dorm room when they walked up. “Hyung!” Jimin called out to him as they hurried up to him.

Jaebum looked at them with surprise. “What’s up?”

“I saw you talking to Yoongi before dinner so we thought to let you know that we haven’t seen him since then. Jungkook’s gone too,” said Jimin. “And Lucas and Jungwoo, too.”

Jaebum’s eyes widened. “What? Oh no…” He rushed into his room and rummaged through the notebooks scattered on his desk. “Where is it?”

“What are you looking for?” Taehyung asked as he looked around.

“What is all of this?” Jimin wondered as he peeked at an open book. On the pages spread countless notes about vampires. One thing, in particular, caught Jimin’s eye that read: How to change someone into a vampire. “Are all of these notes about vampires?”

“Uh, more or less.” Jaebum rummaged through the notebooks throwing some aside as he looked.

“What’s all of this for? Are they your notes?”

“No,” Jaebum replied. He paused for a moment and looked up at Taehyung and Jimin who were staring at him confused. “It’s, uh… Listen to me, I’m telling you two this because I’m going to need all the help I can get, okay? You can’t tell anyone else. Can I trust you two?”

Jimin nodded. “Yeah, of course.”

“You remember the ritual that the rogue vampires were involved in not long ago?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, there's someone who I believe to be Yoongi’s uncle that is killing and kidnapping half vampires for that same ritual. He’s using the half vampires as the sacrifices instead.”

“Okay, but what does that have to do with Yoongi hyung, Hoseok hyung, and Jungkook?” Taehyung asked.

Jaebum flipped open a notebook and paused on a line that caught his attention. He couldn’t believe he skipped over this line the first time he read through this notebook. Yoongi was likely to have skipped over it as well judging by how small it was written on the page. “Yoongi and Hoseok are half vampires. They’re a really rare case of half vampires that take after their human blood more than their vampire blood so that’s why they physically only appear as human. The ritual needs a catalyst for it to be complete, like how Jiwoo was for the last one. Because this ritual is using regular half vampires as its sacrifices it needs something else as the catalyst and that’s what Yoongi and Hoseok would be.

“And Jungkook…” He paused for a moment debating if he should tell them but decided he should. “Jungkook’s rogue vampire is coming back. He’s been feeding on Yoongi to keep it down. If what I think happened to them actually happened, Yoongi’s uncle has them trapped and Jungkook is likely to be reawakened as a rogue vampire.” His eyes scanned the line on the page over and over again. “The ritual needs a rogue vampire to complete it…”

Jimin’s eyes widened. “What? Alright… but what do Lucas and Jungwoo have to do with this?”

“They are likely to be working with Yoongi’s uncle, possibly against their will. That’s why they disappeared so quietly. Think about it, when Hoseok disappeared there was no struggle whatsoever. There would be someone on the inside that Hoseok would likely have trusted,” Jaebum said.

“So, we just have to find them before the ritual is complete then?” Taehyung said.

Jaebum ran his fingers through his hair. “Right…”

“But how are we going to find them?”

“I’m not sure, but they might not be far. Look around, see if you can find anything and tell me immediately, okay? I’ll be here and see what else I could have missed in these notebooks.”

Jimin and Taehyung both nodded and set out. They quickly made haste to leave the dorm building. They needed to act fast or it would be bad for everyone.