Forever Alone

When I Can’t Sleep ::

The music blasts from her earphone. But she got no reaction. Her eyes fixed onto the traditional ritual in front of the altar.

 

The person beside her intimidated by her music and kept glaring at her. She played blind and keeps looking at the man, the bride n husband in few minutes.

 

He still handsome as ever, lean body and his infamous stare. He belongs to her, or used to, before she rejected his love.

 

Who in their right mind will reject this beautiful creation of God? But Sandara Park did it. And she regrets it every day of her life.

 

She wakes up every morning to sigh and utter, ‘what if?’. But it was too late for her.

 

He found another love. While for her, she still alone and have high percentage of dying alone, and lonely. Simply, forever alone.

 

“I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

 

Seunghyun open the veil of his love and planted a kiss on her lips. Everyone cheered for the newlywed couple.

 

'Omo, they were so cute'. Sandara heard the woman in front of her say while the couple preoccupied in the 'kiss'.'

 

‘Do they have 2 rub it in my face? Get a room.'Sandara tsk! and get up from the chair and walked out.

 

But she tripped over the carpet n crash to the floor. 'SHET!' she curse, but maybe too loud when she realize the whole congregation eyes baring through her.

 

Feeling ashamed, she quickly gets up and apologizes to everyone. She felt that the newlyweds were looking at her and following her reflexes, she bowed.

 

She can felt Seunghyun glaring through her heart and instinct formed her fist in front of her heart.

 

“It’s okay. No need 2 apologies. We can continue.” She heard the brides say.

 

Everyone eyes are still on her and Sandara feels that she need to sit down and behave. The couples were blessed in prayer and Sandara carefully slipped n exiting the church.

 

She walked so fast afraid of getting caught again that she didn’t notice a small hole in the pavement. She walked n tripped.

 

!she swore again. Her pump heels were broke and her knees are bleeding. She slowly gets up n try to walk.

 

She looks around her and shows the sign to restroom. She went to the ladies and turned the doorknob.

 

She pushed but it can’t be opened, she tried to pull but still the same. Dammit! Nothing goes right for her today.

 

She kicked the door to show her frustration to fall and whimpering in pain. She gives up and wanting to leave when she saw the gent door was slightly opened.

 

She looks at her right and left, seeing no one, she enters. She needs to clean up her wound first.

 

She was too preoccupied cleaning her wound to realize that someone entering the room.

 

'Clicked'.

 

She turned her head to see Seunghyun hugging her from behind.

 

“You come.”

 

His hot breathe on her neck making her arouse.

 

“I miss u.”

 

He kisses her and she closed her eyes. Feeling the warm he gives her. But soon his images kissing his bride making her eyes opened wide.

 

She felt disgusted. Sandara turn and pushes him. She loves him, but never will she fall for a married man.

 

He’s the one who giving up on her; he has to accept the consequences. She walked, or at least tried to with her shoes.

 

“Let’s not see each other anymore. Just pretend that we never met. I’m never yours from the start and you were not mine at the end.”

 

She opened the door to see the wife standing there. She bowed her head n walk away.

 

Past is past.