Let’s Have a Wedding

When I Can’t Sleep ::

Dara was waiting at the altar. Wait for her special someone to come.

 

She’s not the one who supposed to standing here, waiting, in front of the congregation; but he was late, very late.

 

Sweats began to form at her forehead.

 

Her maid of honor, Hye Sun, the one who’s being together with her since she know the meaning of relationship looking at her with a worry written on her face.

 

“Calm down”. Dara mouthed at her.

 

She trusts him, the man that she will spend her whole life with, after the vows today.

 

Whispering can be heard among the congregation. One by one stood and quietly exit the wedding hall.

 

Dara gritted her teeth. ‘He’s so going to pay for this’. She made mental note to slaps him until he can’t utter the word ‘I’m sorry’ again.

 

She can forgive him to forget to come to their date, but to forget to come to your own wedding day, that is unforgiveable.

 

Her bestfriend look at her, giving her sympathy.

 

“I’m sure something comes his way,” Hye Sun tried to comfort Dara.

 

“Yeah, he better be..” Dara said and walked down from the altar, and starting to walked away, but stopped in the middle, thinking.

 

Dara then sat on the edge of the chair, still wanted to wait for him. It doesn’t bother her that everyone is leaving.

 

::::::

 

Jiyong was rushing now, since he was late, very late and he realizes it.

 

He supposed to arrive at the church 2 hours before, but somehow he was riding a motorbike, wearing a wedding suit, in Armani shoes.

 

He was speeding and to make thing worst, he don’t even brought his hand phone, all because they’re partying really hard last night.

 

And his bestfriends who supposed to take care of him was doing the opposite. Dara must be fuming in anger now, he thought.

 

A van passed by him. He steals a glance, there are white roses inside.

 

“Dara’s favorites,” he said, smiling. “I will buy a whole van for her. No, cross that, a garden just for her. Only her,” he said, happy in his own thought.

 

::::::

 

Dara sat alone. Everyone left her like what she wanted to.

 

She feels so tired of everything that she had done to save their relationship.

 

She loves him, so much that it hurts. She tried to put up with his entire childish attitude, but today proved that he will never grow up.

 

Her feeling went numb.

 

“Dara,” She heard someone calling her name.

 

She heard footsteps echoing, half running, and stops beside her. She doesn’t even bother to look at the person.

 

“Where is everyone? They went home already?” Jiyong asked, still trying to catch up his breathe.

 

“Well, what did you expect? For everyone to wait for you?” Dara lift up her head and look straight to him with mixed emotion.

 

Part of her wanted to overlook this situation like she usually do and another part of her is wanted her to put all of this to an end.

 

“Babe, I’m sorry, really sorry,” Jiyong kneeled down in front of Dara and put a red rose on her lap. Her tears fall.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t find the white rose that you like, but I will next time,” Jiyong wiped the tears on her cheek.

 

“Jiyong, I’m so tired. You never think of anyone except yourself. I’m such a fool for loving you.”

 

“No, Dara. I’m the one who should be sorry. I’m such a fool for not appreciating everything that you did for us. I’m sorry that I kept you waiting today, but I never meant to.”

 

She met his eyes. It was glistened with tears. She loves him. But she still needs time to heal her heart first.

 

She abruptly stands, and shoved away the rose he gave. She started to walked away, leaving him still kneeled down.

 

“Dara, just remember that I always loves you,” she heard him shouted. She exits the church and stands still there, closed her eyes and breathes in.

 

She opened her eyes to see Hye Sun running toward her, sans her heels. She looks funny.

 

After managed to come to where Dara stand, Hye Sun collapsed, gasping for air, waving her hand.

 

“Hye sun-ah, calm down. Breathe in, breathe out.”  Dara demonstrating the way to breathe properly, while followed her administration.

 

“Dara,.. Jiyong is in hospital.. accident, bike crashing with van carrying a…”she haven’t finished uttering the word to watch Dara losing her balance, and fainted.

 

::::::

 

 

Dara stands in front of Jiyong’s tomb. She crouched and wipe the inscription on the tombstone.

 

What Time Has Stolen

Let It Be

 

She put the red rose that she brought onto his tomb.

 

2 months ago, on his way to their wedding, Jiyong’s bike collided with a van carrying flowers that trying to avoid a hole on the road.

 

His bloods were splattered onto the white roses turning it into red, bloody red.

 

Dara hated white roses since that day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:: Okayy. I know this is lame. I wrote this months ago (hey, that was last year!) and just wanna share.

Thanx for reading anyway ^^.