28: Let go

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let go

"You're 100% serious about that?" Chanyeol asked him. "Of course I am! Do you know how much I regretted walking out on you? I still feel bad thinking back to it but I had to convince myself it was the right decisio-" Baekhyun was cut off by another kiss from Chanyeol. There was no need to talk anyway. All the words that had to be said were already spoken and this had been waiting to happen for the longest time now. 

"I can't wait to call you my husband already," Chanyeol said excitedly once he pulled away from their hot kiss, causing Baekhyun to flush a bright colour of red. "You look cute in red. You should dye your hair red next time," he commented and moved away from Baekhyun.

"But I don't think your manager will like it if I cover you in hickeys, so let's leave it here for now. I just want to talk with you," Chanyeol said and leaned against his desk beside Baekhyun. "Not really fair to rile me up all the way and then cut it off, you know," Baekhyun sulked. "Were you planning for this to be a one night stand?" Chanyeol teased. "No! No, of course not! I really do want to marry you, I know I do," Baekhyun answered instantly. 

"I know you do, too. So, how do you wanna tackle things?" Chanyeol said, wrapping his arm around Baekhyun and pulling him closer towards him. He shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't think that far. I came here on impulse as well," Baekhyun said with a sheepish grin on his face. "I don't know what I even expected. Well, let's start by telling your company the whole ordeal before the media finds out," Chanyeol said and went behind his computer to check his schedule for the following days while Baekhyun went through his phone.

"Uh oh.. Too late for that one," he said and showed him the article of the paparazzi that snapped a shot of him outside of his house. "I knew they were following me, but to this extent.." he muttered. He felt sick to his stomach out of anxiety. He had just started his new career and there was already a dating-scandal. He couldn't even imagine how mad his company would be at him

"Outside of my own house, as well. Don't worry, I'll have it taken down as soon as possible," Chanyeol said and left his office to talk to the guards and inform the PR-department of his company to deal with it. 

'Baekhyun spotted outside of PCY Enterprises' CEO Park Chanyeol's home! Two rumoured to be getting back together!' 

He scoffed at the title. There are no rumors, there's a picture and they just slammed their keyboard to get a title out of it. He scrolled down to read the comments people left. It had been only a few minutes but it was already trending despite how late it was. 

'Huh? That's fast. But anyone knows those two were meant to be together~ Hope the rumors are true'

'?! He just debuted..'

'Return of the powercouple!'

'Goodbye... sniffle sniffle..'

'Rumoured? Who divorces their husband then goes to their home? Their companies will confirm this by the morning.'

He sighed and turned his phone off. Well, at least he didn't have to worry about breaking the news to his company. 

His phone rang and he swallowed nervously when he saw it was Sooyoung. He answered the call and nervously awaited her storm of rage.

"Please do not tell me that I just dropped you off at Park Chanyeol's house," she said. "I'm sorry! I didn't think they would still follow me at this hour-" "Don't apologize. I'm coming back to pick you up because CEO Do wants to have a word with you. Don't think he's mad, but don't expect him to be pleased," there was a sigh from Sooyoung's side. "I'll be there in an hour or so. Don't break up, not even when CEO Do tells you to do that. Just.. Leave the company or something. You deserve to be happy. Alright, see you soon," Sooyoung said sternly before ending the call.

It sounded to him as if she knew what he had gone through on a deeper level. He brushed it off and decided to go look for Chanyeol and let him know. 

"We'll keep a good look out for any possible intruders, Mr. Park," the guards at the door said. "Check the CCTV as well and report the license plate," Chanyeol said and walked back towards the door and was greeted by the sight of Baekhyun waiting for him infront of it.

"Sooyoung is coming in an hour, so I guess I'll be staying shorter than intended," he said with a pout. "It's okay. I'm surprised Kyungsoo stayed at his company long enough to scold you," Chanyeol said with a chuckle. "I just feel bad for causing such a controversy when it has barely been 4 months since my debut and only over a year since I became a model," Baekhyun said with a sigh. 

"You're going to be fine. And if you get sacked, then there's always the option of becoming the face of my company again," Chanyeol comforted and pulled Baekhyun into a warm embrace, carressing his hair in a calming manner. 

 

"It's going to be okay, okay?"

 

The ride towards the company was quiet. Sooyoung and Baekhyun didn't exchange any words

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter