19: Threats, threats, and more threats

one plus one equals three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Threats, threats, and more threats

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol answered. He had rushed into his office and locked the door. Baekhyun wouldn't call him if it wasn't urgent, he had figured that much. "Can I see you today? I can't discuss this over the phone. Can you meet me at my old apartment in twenty minutes?" Baekhyun asked, though it sounded as if he was begging him. "Of course, I'll see you there," he said and hung up.

Chanyeol rushed out of his office, meeting Jessica in the lobby when he was headed for the exit. "Mr Park-" "Cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day, I either won't be here until late in the afternoon or I won't return for today at all," he interrupted her and left the building, leaving Jessica with a buzzing phone with calls from assistants of angry business men. 

This was too much for her first few weeks. Suddenly her boss walks out of a meeting and she has to deal with the aftermath of it. She couldn't possibly handle all that pressure in her first weeks of her career.

"What happened?" Tiffany asked her when she saw tears fall over Jessica's face. "M-Mr. Park.. He- I-" she stammered. "Okay, calm down first. Take a deep breath in. Let's do it together, alright?" Tiffany said and held Jessica's hands in hers, inhaling deeply with her to guide her. "Now exhale," she said and let out the heavy breath. 

They repeated it for a few times until Jessica had fully calmed down. "Now you can tell me," Tiffany said and sat her down on a chair. 
"I got a phone call a few minutes ago. It was from this man who was asking for Mr. Park, addressing him by his first name. He sounded calm at first but when I told him Mr. Park wasn't available he turned panicked and frantic," she started.

"He asked me if I knew where he was, I told him he was busy, but he interrupted me and asked me again if I knew where he was. I said I did and repeated that I could pass on a message if he wanted to but he firmly declined and said I'd give the phone to him," she added.

"Did he tell you who he was?" Tiffany asked, still holding Jessica's hand. She nodded. 

"He asked me to bring the phone to him and tell him that.. Baekhyun? Was calling him-" "Wait, Baekhyun called Mr. Park?" Tiffany said surprised. "I think that was his name? When I mentioned him he immediately got up and ran out of the meeting and now out of the building."

"Jessica, there is a reason Mr. Park reacted like that. And I'm actually surprised you don't know- Whatever, I'll tell you."

"Mr. Park and this man named Baekhyun were married and they had a family together. Baekhyun is Byun Baekhyun, a model signed to KIM Ent. and is currently the face of Yves Saint Laurent in Korea. Baekhyun was Mr. Park's assistant before you. He resigned and divorced Mr. Park recently and cut off all contact with him. Judging by the fact that he sounded panicked and frantic and chose to call Mr. Park shows that something is seriously wrong," Tiffany explained. 

"If Mr. Park tells you anything, you have to keep your mouth shut and take it to the grave with you unless he says you can tell anyone. Don't say a word to anyone, not even to me. I highly doubt he will but if he hits his head and chooses to, don't you dare to betray his trust. Anything affiliated with Baekhyun is precious to Mr. Park and he's willing to risk anything for him, even after the divorce," Tiffany warned sternly. 

"Don't ask questions. Do your job and do what he asks of you. Don't do anything you know you shouldn't and if you want to know anything about Baekhyun, either google him or come to me. But please, please, for the love of God, never ask Mr. Park about Baekhyun, alright?" Tiffany added. 

Jessica nodded. 

"No, you need to promise me that you won't. And I need you to say this out loud because I'm serious, Jessica," she said. 

"I promise on the Lord that I will never mention him. God, this is too much to handle," she sighed. 

"You're going to be alright. Let's distract ourselves from this mess and go out for dinner tonight, does that sound good?" Tiffany flirted. 

Jessica wanted to say 'no' and tell her to act professional in the work place, but Tiffany is the physical embodiment of charisma and flirtiness. 

The way she smirks and bats her eyelashes at you when she asks something is so mesmerizing that you can't help but do it. It's like a spell that takes over your body. Tiffany is able to seduce anyone she wants with a simple smile and a blink, and that was all it took to have Jessica say 'yes' to her offer. 

"Great, I'll pick you up from your stuffy high level office at 7. Don't overwork yourself and take a short break if you need one. Bye, babe," she said and waved Jessica goodbye who almost stumbled over her own feet because of how flustered she felt. 

She had a huge crush on Tiffany Hwang and she hated to admit that. 

 

"Baekhyun, open the door," Chanyeol said while knocking on the door of Baekhyun's apartment. It didn't take long for him to do so. 
"What's going on? Why did you call?" Chanyeol asked when he saw Baekhyun pacing up and down his small livingroom. 

"My- My company, my career- SM Entertainment-" he was panicking. "Okay, okay, slow down. Start off slowly," Chanyeol said and grabbed Baekhyun by the shoulders and sat him down on the couch. 

"Sera told me that KIM Entertainment is going to be bought by SM Entertainment. My model offers and deals will get cut by at least 40% because we're not the prime focus, but more importantly my manager and my team risk losing their jobs. I- That can't happen!" Baekhyun protested. 

"Taeyeon's sister is still in high school and she's the only person fit of taking care of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter