fuzzy socks and princess bandaids (nahyo, part two)

re (quested)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mommy,” Nayeon turned to her daughter, who was tugging on her shirt. “Is it over?” Hyemi asked, looking around the plane as everyone stood up. 

“Yes baby, it’s over,” Nayon laughed, wrapping her arm around Hyemi’s shoulder. 

“Thank god,” Hyemi exhaled. “Mom can you grab my skating bag for me?”

“Sure give me-”

“Here you go Hyemi,” Jihyo smiled and handed the bag to Hyemi, who smiled at her. 

“Thank you Auntie Jihyo.”

“No problem Hyemi.” Jihyo stepped out of their seat row and grabbed Nayeon’s carry on, then her own.

“Come on Hye,” Nayeon held her daughter’s hand as she lead her out of the plane. Jihyo lead them to the luggage pick up and then lead the to the car she rented to drive them out to where they were meeting Jihyo’s family. Once they got all their stuff into the expensive car, Jihyo took the keys and drove away from the crowded airport, Hyemi once again falling asleep in the back seat. 

“She likes to sleep in cars huh?” Jihyo asked without looking away from the road. 

“Yeah,” Nayeon shrugged. “When she was a baby and she wouldn’t stop crying I would just drive her around and she would instantly fall asleep. I guess she’s developed a habit, it’s good, I always used to get super motion sick when I rode in the back.”

“So, tell me a little about yourself.” Jihyo sighed. “If we, well you know, are going to be dating.”

“Sure, want to play twenty questions?”

“Sure,” Jihhyo nodded. “You can ask me twenty things too.”

“Alright, you go first hot shot,” Jihyo rolled her eyes at Nayeon’s nickname. 

“When were you born?”

“Nice try, a lady never reveals her age, my daughter doesn’t even know how old I really am.” Nayeon rolled her eyes. 

“Fine, what’s your Chinese zodiac?”

“I’m a pig, you?”

“So you were born in 1995, making you 29 years old.” Jihyo laughed. “Your not that old you know.”

“Oh my god, do you just have the Chinese zodiac memorized?”

“Well, Unnie, I’m a Rat because my birthday is in January of 1997.” Jihyo snickered. “Your only one zodiac ahead of me, lots of people I went to school with pigs.”

“Do I really have to deal with you calling me Unnie for the next week?” Nayeon groaned.

“Yup, Unnie,” Jihyo smirked. “We’ve both used two questions.”

“Of course, you CEOs are so goddamn sly.”

“It’s what they teach us in CEO school, always be listening to everything people say, and internalize everything. Never trust anyone.” Jihyo’s expression contorted to something more serious. “That goes for this reunion. I know were not friends or anything like that, but please don’t get mixed up with some of the people in my family.”

“You never told me we were entering the snake den.” Nayeon sighed. 

“You never asked.” Jihyo sighed. “Anyway, just don’t get too close.”

“Yeah yeah all rich people are monsters I’ve seen movies.” Nayeon shrugged. 

“So you think I’m a monster.”

“So you think your rich?” Nayeon nodded. “I’m kidding, your loaded. And I guess I don’t know you well enough to figure out what kind of monster you are.” Nayeon shrugged. 

“Well, thank you for not judging me prematurely, I guess?”


“Oh uh, your welcome.” They stay quiet for the rest of the car ride. 

 

xx

 

Hyemi instantly wakes up when Nayeon taps her shoulder and quietly follows her mom out of the car, gripping Nayeon’s hand tightly. “Where are we?” Hyemi whispered to her mom. 

“This is where we’ll be staying for the next few days kiddo.” Nayeon responded, feeling Jihyo come over to her side as an older woman came out to greet them.

“Jihyo,” The woman greeted. “It’s nice to see you.”

“It’s nice to see you too mom,” Jihyo nodded. “Mom, this is my girlfriend Im Nayeon,” Jihyo and introduced. “And her daughter, Hyemi.” Hyemi hid behind her mother when Jihyo introduced her. 

“Oh come on Hyemi, no need to be shy,” Jihyo’s mother smiled. “There are lots of other kids already playing inside if you want to go find them its your first door upstairs, can’t miss it.” Hyemi looked to Nayeon for what to do and Nayeon just nodded, Hyemi reluctantly letting go and running towards the inside of the large resort complex. 

“So Miss Im, if you don’t mind me asking where’s Hyemi’s dad?” Nayeon could tell Jihyo’s mom was judging her, looking her up and down. 

“Oh he’s uh, in the military,” Nayeon lied. “He’s a captain.”

“Mother don’t you think that was a rude question?” Jihyo interrupted their awkward conversation. 

“Well, I want to know about my potential grand daughter before she enters the family.” Jihyo’s mom defended. “Impressive, does he visit often?”

“He’s uh on tour right now,” Nayeon lied. In truth, her ex was anything but honorable, complaining about every second of his short forced military service. She just didn’t want to say that she had no idea where he was.  

“So,” Nayeon sighed. “Stock markets-”

“Let’s go inside while the butler takes your stuff in, your brother brought us some exotic tea from his travels to Africa Jihyo.” Jihyo tensed at the mention of her brother. Nayeon chose not to question. Nayeon felt Jihyo’s cold hand take her own and Nayeon took a deep breath and exhaled, this was all pretend, why not put on a little show.

 

xx


Hyemi finds the kids room, already enjoying herself playing with the other kids. They were running around like lunatics, and Nayeon nodded her head at how well Hyemi fit in. 

“Hey,” Jihyo sighed as she exited the bathroom to their room. Room singular. They were sharing one king sized bed, Hyemi was expected to sleep with all the other kids in the kids room. Nayeon didn’t know how comfortable she felt sharing a bed with a stranger, but she couldn’t go sleep with Hyemi without it being suspicious so she resigned herself to the fate she was going to have to suffer through the next week sharif a bed with Jihyo. 

“Hi.” Nayeon awkwardly answered. “I’m uh going to start getting unpacked.” Jihyo nodded and Nayeon went over to her suitcase, looking over the various new items. She sighed, carefully putting them on hangers and hanging them up in the closet. Nayeon heard the sound of the news behind her, briefly turning to find Jihyo watching with interest. Nayeon internally rolled her eyes, of course a dork like Jihyo watched the news. Once she was done she intinivly went for Jihyo’s open suitcase, putting her nice blouses and pants on hangers and hanging them up on the left side of the closet. 

“Oh Nayeon you didn’t have to-”

“Sorry, it’s instinct.” Nayeon apologized. “Mom instincts, I used to hanging everything.”

“Oh it’s okay.” Jihyo nodded. “Thank you.”

“Yeah sorry again.” Nayeon sighed, blushing. 

“Nayeon it’s fine, it’s cute.” Nayeon had to fight the blush. Her? Cute? She hadn’t been cute since Hyemi was born. Nayeon awakardly sat on the corner of the bed and attempted to watch with Jihyo, groaning when she realized it was in Japanese and she didn’t understand any of it. 

 

xx

 

They are expected downstairs for dinner and Nayeon was finally going to meet all of Jihyo’s family. She wears one of the white Chanel dresses Jihyo had bought for her, feeling a bit uncomfortable. Jihyo dressed in a white Gucci blouse and pants, putting on light makeup to complete her business casual look.

“Mom.” Hyemi groaned as she tried to put on one of the nice dresses Jihyo had bought for her. 

“Coming baby,” Nayeon nodded and helped Hyemi zip up her baby blue dress. 

“Mom when can I go skating?” Hyemi asked. 

“Probably not at all this week sweetheart.” Hyemi whined at Nayeon’s statement.

“But mom-”

“Im Hyemi.” Nayeon rarely had to be strict with Hyemi, the girl had been born with a good head on her shoulder and a strong sense of responsibility, but Hyemi occasionally fell into habits more typical of a girl her age. “We are not going to be doing any whining okay? We will be thankful and polite to Miss Jihyo’s family while we are here okay?” Hyemi nodded with a pout and Nayeon sighed and pulled away. “Don’t pout.”

“It’s okay Hyemi, I can take you to an ice rink tomorrow okay?” Jihyo stepped in, Hyemi smiling at her. 

“Really?” Hyemi asked excitedly. 

“Really?” Nayeon asked doubtfully. 

“If uh your mother is okay with it, sure.” Jihyo nodded. 

“Mommy please?” Hyemi asked with puppy dog eyes. 

“Fine, if Jihyo says it’s okay, but you can’t stay for more than two hours okay?” Hyemi nodded and hugged Nayeon. 

“Thank you mommy!” Hyemi squealed. 

“Come on, let’s go to dinner.” Hyemi took Nayeon’s hand and Jihyo lead them downstairs towards the dining room. The place was huge, with place cards and fancy napkins waiting. Nayeon rolled her eyes, it looked like a wedding not a family dinner. Jihyo lead them towards the end of the table, Nayeon sitting next to Jihyo and Hyemi across from them. 

“Hey Unnie,” The woman sitting next to Nayeon leaned over and greeted Jihyo.

“Hello Dahyun.” Jihyo smiled at her sister. “Nayeon, this is my little sister, Dahyun. I think I told you about her. Dahyun, this is my girlfriend Nayeon.” Jihyo hinted, Nayeon nodding. If they were dating, it was probably assumed they talked about each others families, even if it was barely true. 

“Hello Dahyun, it’s nice to meet you.” Nayeon shook Dahyun’s hand. “This is my daughter Hyemi.”

“Hi.” Hyemi smiled at Dahyun. 

“Hello Hyemi.” Dahyun asked politely. “How old are you?”

“I just turned eight.” Hyemi smiled.

“Hey my son just turned eight too,” Dahyun smiled. “He’s with my wife and daughter upstairs, my daughter is running a small fever so I’m sorry you won’t get to meet them, they were supposed to sit next to you.”

“Oh, that’s too bad.” Jihyo nodded. 

“Yes, but I’m sure I’ll have the chance to introduce you guys later.” Dahyun nodded. 

“How have you been Dahyun?” Jihyo asked politely. Nayeon squinted at Dahyun as she answered the question in detail, she knew her, but she didn’t know where from. Nayeon snapped out of her thoughts when another taller woman came over to say hi to Jihyo. 

“Nayeon, this is my cousin Jeongyeon Unnie. Jeongyeon, this is my girlfriend Nayeon, and this is my girlfriend’s daughter Hyemi.” Jihyo introduced.

“Hi Nayeon, I’m Jeongyeon, my wife Tzuyu is over there with our son.” Jeongyeon pointed. “Our daughter is around here somewhere, if you need someone to play with.” Hyemi nodded, clenching her hands under the table. Nayeon could see it on Hyemi’s face, Hyemi was nervous. She never did that well even around Nayeon’s family, being the only kid surrounded by adults was stressful for her.

“Hey Hyemi sweetie, why don’t we go wash our hands before we eat?” Hyemi nodded and followed Nayeon. “We’ll be right back,” Nayeon turned to Jihyo. 

“Of course.” Jihyo nodded, Nayeon making her way to Hyemi’s side of the table and holding her hand. She lead Hyemi down a long hallway to the bathroom and there Hyemi sighed in relief. 

“Mom?” Hyemi asked. “Why are we lying to Auntie Jihyo’s family and saying your her girlfriend.”

“Well sweetie, that’s uh an adult thing.” Nayeon sighed. “It’s just for the rest of the week okay?”

“Okay.” Hyemi nodded, washing her hands under the cool water.

“Do you like your room?”

“It’s huge mom.” Hyemi grinned. “I have a bunkmate too, she let me have the top bunk.”

“Oh that was nice of her.” Nayeon nodded, handing Hyemi a paper towel to finish cleaning her hands. Nayeon then washed her own hands before turning to her daughter. “Ready?”

“Yup.” Hyemi nodded. “Thank you mom.”

“Of course sweetheart.” Nayeon nodded. Nayeon held Hyemi’s hand until she got back in her seat, Nayeon going back to her spot besides Jihyo. Hyemi looked relieved, and Nayeon was just happy to help. 

“Question three, what food don’t you like to eat?” Jihyo leaned over and whispered to Nayeon. 

“I’ll try anything, but I don’t like overly sweet things, why?”

“Just wanted to make sure I didn’t accidentally give you something you don’t like.” Jihyo nodded. “I’ll waste a question on asking the same thing for Hyemi too.”

“Hyemi’s the same, she can’t stand things that are too sweet.” Nayeon nodded. “She likes lemon and a lot of fruity things though, like god when I was pregnant with her I ate like so much lemon candy.”

“Hm, interesting.” Jihyo nodded. “Make sure she doesn’t eat anything she’s allergic to.”

“She doesn’t have allergies.” Nayeon nodded. “And nor do I, so you don’t have to waste a precious question on that.”

“Oh good, I’m the same way.” Jihyo nodded. “Anyway, we’re being rude.” Jihyo pulled away from Nayeon right as Jihyo’s mom began a toast. Nayeon tuned it out, something about the prosperity of the family business or some junk, but she looked up when she heard her name. She blushed when Jihyo’s mom commented on how proud of Jihyo she was for finding a girl like Nayeon, and Hyemi looked on awkwardly. Once the food was finally served, Nayeon looked over the plate and made sure Hyemi wouldn’t be off put by the fancy food. It was steak, Hyemi would defiantly enjoy it. 

“So Unnie,” Dahyun turned to Jihyo. “When did you and Miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter