monsters aren't real (sachaeng, part three)

re (quested)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Nico baby, it’s okay, you can go to sleep,” Sana sighed as she kissed Nico’s forehead for the nth time. “You don’t have to be afraid, Mommy is here.”

“What about Umma?”

“Umma is will be home tomorrow, and she bringing a surprise for you, but you only get the surprise if you go to sleep.” Sana whispered to the little girl. 

 

“But mommy, I’m still scared.”

“Baby, your in Mommy and Umma’s bed, and Mommy has a weapon to protect you. It will all be okay, I promise.” Sana kissed Nico’s forehead. “I know your tired, go to sleep and I’ll get you doughnuts tomorrow morning.” 

 

“What about kitty?”

“She’s downstairs in her own bed, she’ll be okay too, she can protect herself.” Sana sighed. “You know kitty can’t sleep in Mommy and Umma’s bed.”

“I know,” Nico pouted. “Mommy?"

“Yes love?”

“Hug?” Nico asked, prying her arms free from the tight tucking Sana had tucked her under earlier.

“Of course baby,” Sana smiled at Nico and wrapped her arms around the little girl, laying down next to her and kissing her hair. Nico yawned as she cuddled up to Sana and Sana racked her hands through Nico’s hair as she hummed a quiet tune. Nico didn’t fall asleep much later, and Sana thanked god Nico was sleeping after what she had saw.

 

xx

 

Chaeyoung got home at the crack of dawn the next morning, early enough to find her girlfriend and her daughter fast asleep in her bed. She smiled softly at the scene, before noticing that Sana’s gun was laying close to her. She picked up the silver weapon and quietly put it in Sana’s bedside drawer before climbing into bed on her side. She wrapped her arms around Nico from behind after leaving a ghost of a kiss on Sana’s cheek. She looked over her two loves once again, making sure they were indeed sleeping soundly before allowing herself to lay her head down and slip her eyes shut. 

 

“Umma?” Chaeyound was startled awake by Nico’s tiny voice. 

 

“Nico baby why are you awake?” Chaeyoung groaned as she sat up. 

 

“Bad dream.” Nico whispered, turning and facing Chaeyoung.

“Are you scared?” Nico nodded before letting out a loud sniffle to hold back tears. “It’s okay baby.” Chaeyoung whispered, attempting to calm Nico down by kissing her forehead. The only response she got was more tears from Nico. Chaeyoung internally groaned before collecting Nico in her arms and carrying her out of the room. Sana already had attended to countless nights of nightmares, Chaeyoung wasn’t going to let her girlfriend go without sleep again. “Is there any way I can get you back to sleep?” Chaeyoung asked the child honestly. Nico nodded and Chaeyoung sighed before taking her downstairs. She the tv lazily and let Nico pick the channel before laying down on the couch with Nico on top of her chest. “You really don’t have to be afraid Nico, we’ll always protect you.”

“But what if, what if your not there?” Nico asked, tears still dripping down her cheeks.

 

“Baby we’ll always be there.” Chaeyoung whispered. 

 

“But school,” Nico sniffled. “School it’s just me.”

“But you have big strong teachers and security at school, trust me baby school is the last place you’ll get hurt.” Chaeyoung ran her hands through Nico’s hair. 

 

“But- Will-”

“Nico, we’ve talked about this, Will won’t hurt you again and if he does you tell your teacher and he will be punished.” Chaeyoung kissed Nico’s hair. “You have nothing to be afraid of. They won’t get you.”

“Umma?” Nico laid down a top of Chaeyoung and put her face on Chaeyoung’s upper chest. “What are they?”

“I’ll tell if you promise not to tell mommy I told you okay?”

“I promise.”

“Good girl, they are creatures of the night, evil beasts cursed by the very moon itself. They don’t know anything but the thrill of hurting. They are very bad Nico.” Chaeyoung muttered. 

 

“Why don’t others know about them?”

“Oh Nico, that’s a long story, for another day.” Chaeyoung sighed. “One day, I’ll tell you everything.”

“Promise?”

“I swear, but not yet.” Chaeyoung offered Nico a weak smile, finding Nico’s hand with her own. “I need to hold onto you for as long as I can.”

“What does that mean?” Nico asked, looking up at Chaeyoung with her wide innocent eyes. 

“Nothing baby,” Chaeyoung sighed. “Nothing for you to be worried about.”

“Okay.” Nico muttered, turning her head to the bright cartoon on the screen, humming the theme song, Chaeyuong subconsciously joining the catchy tune wore on. They both fall asleep cuddled together on the couch, holding onto each other like a lifeline. 

 

xx

 

Sana finds them early the next morning and smiles softly before getting them a blanket and kissing each of their foreheads. She turned the TV off and headed towards the kitchen to find another already messing with their bug ridden coffee machine. 

“Hello Mina, I wasn’t aware you were awake yet.” Sana giggled before reaching over and pressing the correct button to make the machine work. 

""Oh hey Sana, thanks,” Mina muttered as she watched the coffee pour. “How have you been?”

“Fine, Nico’s been keeping me up with nightmares about beasts and monsters and such, she’s convinced that since there is one type of beast and the horrible monsters from her storybooks are real.” Sana sighed as she walked in practiced steps to the cupboard with her mug in it. 

“You should have her watch Monsters Inc, when I was little that movie really changed my perspective of monsters and such.” A new voice spoke up from behind the counter. 

“Hello Momo, it’s nice to see you too,” Sana muttered sarcastically. “I wasn’t aware you were coming too.”

“Yeah, you ask for one of us you get the whole gang,” Momo sat up from the kitchen chair she had slumped into. She took a bite of a pastry Sana knew she recognized. 

“You go out for a run?”

“Nah, Tzuyu stopped on the way in, I was hungry and it was the only place open this morning, it’s way too ing cold for running.” Momo shrugged. 

“I suppose your girlfriend is already gone?”

“She’s in your garage tinkering with Chaeyoung’s bike, Jihyo’s out there with her.” Momo smiled at her friend. “Can I use your kitchen or am I still banned?”

“Lifetime ban means lifetime ban.” Sana shrugged. 

“But I’m thirsty.” Momo whined. 

“Should have thought of that before trying to make cookies with a two year old.” 

“It’s not my fault everything got everywhere I didn’t know Nico was that messy.” Momo defended herself. “Thanks for cleaning the guest room for us.”

“Well I figured Tzuyu was going to tag along to help with Chae’s bike but I can’t say I’m all that shocked the four of you showed up.” Sana sighed and poured herself some coffee. “Coffee Mo?”

“I would prefer water please,” Momo coughed, chocking a bit on a bite of bread. 

“Yeah yeah, here,” Sana got out a cup and filled it with water for Momo before handing it to her friend. 

“Ooh cool Sofia the first!” Momo smiled when she saw the logged cup. 

“Sorry, our normal dishes are in the wash and it’s Chaeyoung turn to empty it but she didn’t get home until late.” Sana shrugged as she returned to the kitchen.

“It’s cool, I get it, it’s adds a very youthful touch to my breakfast.”

“Well Nico did hand pick it,” Sana laughed a bit at herself. “Everything for Nico is Disney right now, except her cartoons she watches Nick and Cartoon Network cartoons. Disney is basically everything else.”

“No barbie?” Momo asked, feigning hurt.

“The one you got her for Christmas is still sitting in a box in her closet.” Sana shrugged. “But she’s not a fan of toys unless they’re stuffed animals or coloring books.”

“Damn okay then next Christmas I’ll get her a barbie coloring book.” Momo sighed. 

“You really want to get her into Barbie?”

“What’s the point of having a niece if she doesn’t like Barbie?” Momo asked with a shrug. 

“Sana what’s her favorite animal? I’m not pulling a Momo this year with Christmas presents.” Mina asked with a slight teasing tone. 

“She likes pandas, and white tigers, and lions.” Sana shrugged. “Kind of cat like animals I suppose, and cats, if it isn’t obvious.” Sana looked over at the half full cat dish. “Anway you guys need to get out, Nico needs to get ready for school and she’s never going to leave if she knows you guys are here.” 

 

“But we need to talk about actual business.” Mina sighed. 

“And we can, once Nico is out of the house and out of earshot.” Sana sighed, unaware of the attentive little ears listening to her conversation from the other room. 

 

xx

 

“Mommy?” NIco muttered as Sana pulled her off of Chaeyoung. “Mommy my tummy hurts.”

“It does?” Sana asked in surprise as she laid a hand on Nico’s forehead. “I suppose your a little warm, I don’t think you have a fever. Does it hurt so much you can’t eat?” Nico nodded and hurried her face into Sana’s neck. “I’m sorry baby, I’ll got get you some medicine and you can go lay down in your room okay?” Sana asked, messing with Nico’s messy hair and cradling the child closer to her. “Chaeyoung.” Sana shook her girlfriend’s shoulder. 

“Mmm… babe?”

“Morning Chae, Nico has a tummy ache so I’m going to go lay her down in her bedroom, there’s coffee and two, uh, things waiting for you in the kitchen.” Sana informed her girlfriend, who lazily held her arm out to grab Sana by her waist. “Chaeyoung,” Sana giggled. “Not now,” Chaeyoung’s hand slipped from her waist and Chaeyoung slowly sat up. “Morning sunshine.”

“I’m so tired,” Chaeyoung whined.

“I know, but it’s rude to leave the things waiting, at least go get some coffee and make conversation.” Sana whispered, careful so Nico couldn’t hear her. “Nico sweetie where does your tummy hurt?” Sana turned to Nico, who pointed to her mid stomach. “Can mommy kiss it better?”

“No,” Nico muttered. 

 

“Aww that’s too bad to hear,” Sana giggled. “Come on buttercup let’s get you into bed.” 

“Surprise?”

“It will be here when your better love.” Sana whispered.

“You swear?”

“I promise.” Sana kissed Nico’s hair. “Chaegie can you give Nico her get better kiss?” Chaeyoung groaned and forced her hair out of her face enough to free her lips and lean over to kiss Nico’s cheek. 


“Feel better kiddo.” Chaeyoung husked out. “Love you.”

“I love you too Umma,” Nico yawned and Sana took that as a sign to take Nico upstairs. Sana gave the child medicine before getting Nico into her bed and settling her with a story, waiting until Nico was asleep to slip out of her room. She didn’t notice Nico open her eyes and slip out right after her.

 

xx

 

“So,” Mina sighed as she took her seat at the table. 

“So?” Sana asked. “So what? We’re just supposed to do nothing?”

“Sana what else do you expect us to do?” Mina sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter