monsters aren't real (sachaeng, part four)

re (quested)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana felt strange. There was a strange feeling in her gut making her extremely on edge and jumpy. She checked her phone, she was going the right way but for some reason she felt sick to her stomach.

She almost puked when her nose caught the strong scent of blood and death. She was defiantly going the right way.

She pulled her gun out of her pocket and approached the scent cautiously. She looked around at the snowy forrest. It was oddly quiet. 

Once she saw the fur, she instantly shot, the sound spooking the creature, but it not being able to react fast enough, the bullet lodging itself in the creature back. Sana relaxed as it tumbled to the ground ungracefully. Thank god that was easier than normal.

However she became tighter than she had been before when her ears picked up on a shrill sound of a baby’s cry just a few feet away from her. A baby had no right being here, not with the subtle red stained snow and the scent of blood stinking up the air. Sana’s hands shook as she approached the sound. Everything about this situation was strange. There shouldn’t be a baby. And she noticed only one body laying dead in the snow, there was supposed to be three according to Mina. And never had Mina mentioned a baby.

She approached the shrill screaming baby, she was wrapped in a thin blanket and squirming around. She was surrounded by red soaked snow as more snow gently fell down, and Sana’s heart clenched and her mind raced. She had no idea what to do. 

 

 

xx

 

Chaeyoung sighed as she pulled a blanket around her shoulders. Sana was taking too long. She should have been back by now. She the tv, listening to the monotone newscaster drag on about the current snow storm. Chaeyoung sighed, she really shouldn’t be watching the dire news, it would only make her more worried about Sana. 

She checked her phone, no updates. Chaeyoung laid on her back, staring at the fireplace. She watched as the flames danced across the log, it calmed her. 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the door opening. She jumped off the couch and ran towards the doorframe. 

“Sana!” Chaeyoung grinned. “What took you so long?” Chaeyoung ran to her girlfriend and made quick work to peck her cheek. “Wait- whats wrong? Why are you standing like that?” Chaeyoung gestured to the way Sana was hugging her stomach protectively.

“Chae- Chae-” Sana repeated in a shaky voice. “I found something out in the woods.”

“What is it baby?” Chaeyoung asked, nothing the tremor in Sana’s voice. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

“I-I was tracking it with the coordinates Mina gave me and what I found, well,” Sana sighed, shrugging her coat off her shoulder. “See for yourself.” Sana’s jacket slipped off her jacket to reveal a studious bulge in her sweater where her arms were holding something. Sana lowered her arms, slowly pulling the thing out of her sweater. 

“Sana,” Chaeyoung gasped. “A-A baby?” Chaeyoung asked, looking at the pink cheeked sleeping baby in her girlfriends arms. “W-Where?”

“I don’t know there was so much blood Chae- so much.” Sana nodded. “She was all alone, I couldn’t leave her she was freezing.” Sana nodded. 

“Calm down babe, I’ll call Mina. Go give her and yourself a warm bath. I’m sure Mina and Jihyo will know what to do, they will find her parents and everything will be fine okay?”

“Y-Yeah.” Sana exhaled looking at the baby in her arms in a blood soaked blanket. “Yeah.”

xx

 

“Mommy look!” Nico screamed as she climbed up to the top of the kitchen table to stand on top of it.  “I’m as tall as you!”

“Nico! Get down!” Sana screamed as she turned and found Nico standing on the table, running over to her and lifted Nico into her arms. “Your still recovering baby, you can’t do stuff like that. You’ll get more hurt.”

“Mommy I’m bored,” Nico whined. “You aren’t letting me do anything. I can’t go play in the snow, I can’t watch tv.”

“You could have a concussion.” Sana argued. “You need to rest.”

“What’s a con-con-”

“It’s what happens when you hit your head too hard.” Sana explained, carrying Nico to the couch and making her sit on it.

“Why don’t we go to the doctor?”

“Mommy is a doctor baby. If you have a concussion, it’s mild. But I’m not risking it.” Sana nodded. “Why don’t you color? You love doing that.”

“I already colored everything.” Nico pouted. 

“Why don’t you make a card for Umma?”

“For what?” Nico asked. 

“Christmas?” Sana shrugged. “Being your Umma?”

“I would rather just tell her that.” Nico defended. “I want to go play with Umma.”

“She’s busy.”

“With what?” Nico whined.

“Umma stuff.”

“What’s that?”

“It’s an adult secret baby.” Sana nodded, running her hands over the bandages on Nico’s head. “I know you were bored but it’s not okay to climb on top of the table.”

“I’m sorry mommy.” Nico gave Sana her best defeated look and Sana sighed.

“Don’t do it again?” Nico nodded. “C’mere baby, I’ll cuddle with you.” Nico wrapped her tiny body around Sana’s stomach, resting her chin on Sana’s upper chest. “I love you baby.” Sana muttered, brushing her hand through Nico’s hair. 

“Mommy your the bestest mommy in the world.” Nico smiled at Sana. 

“Bestest?” Sana giggled kissing N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter