winter (2na, part two)

re (quested)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was ridiculous, Mina had every right to date someone, her and Sana were legally divorced. But Sana couldn’t even fathom dating someone new right now. They had only been divorced for seven months. Seven. And they had kids, which were a constant reminder of what once was. Sana didn’t know how she felt, she was a little angry, if her clenched fists were an indication. A little sad, if the tears pricking her eyes were any indication. A little jealous. No, no she wasn’t jealous. She wasn’t she swore. Okay, maybe she was jealous. But that had nothing to do with her feelings for Mina. 

Sana groaned, she couldn’t sleep. She didn’t feel like talking to Momo, she was mad at her for not telling her. She needed to talk to someone that would complain with her. Sana nodded before calling Nayeon. 

She told Nayeon and of course within five seconds Nayeon was on her way with ice cream. But by the time she arrived Sana was with Nico. Nico was asleep on Sana’s stomach again, making it difficult to untangle her so she could talk to Nayeon. “She’s so cute,” Nayeon told Sana. 

“She’s clingy.” Sana sighed with a small smile.

“Well it runs in the family, come here .” Nayeon held her arms out for Sana to seek refuge in. Sana hugged Nayeon tightly, tears dripping out of her eyes onto Nayeon’s sweater. “How do you feel about this?”

“I don’t know.” Sana answered. “I just- she can do whatever she wants but how can she move on but I-”

“You can’t.” Nayeon finished for Sana. “Mina’s a complicated person. I honestly thought neither of you was going to move on.” Nayeon sighed. “Let’s eat some ice cream, want to watch a rated r movie?” 

“Nothing too loud.” Sana nodded. “What kind of ice cream?” 

“Your favorite of course. Just so you know, I love you Sana.” Nayeon whispered. 

“Yeah, I know. Thank you Unnie, I love you too.” Sana pulled away and wiped her tears. 

They watched stupid comedy movies and together ate the entire pint of ice cream, Nayeon doesn’t leave until after the breakfast Sana makes her as thanks. They didn’t sleep at all, they talked through a few of Sana’s sad or angry moments otherwise cuddling while the movie was on. Sana felt so bad taking Nayeon away from her girlfriend for a night, but Nayeon reassured her Chaeyoung was understanding. The girls were so happy to see Nayeon they didn’t want to go to school. Nayeon is able to convince them in exchange for a promise to spend a whole day with her and Chaeyoung, who Saki says is her favorite Aunt. Nayeon parts ways with them to go to school, Sana holding their hands as she lead them to school.

Once she gets to work she tries to forgot the fact Mina was able to move on from such a long relationship in seven months. Especially when Sana herself couldn’t. 

During her lunch break Sana leaned back in her chair and looks at the ceiling for the majority of it. Maybe she should move on too. Sana’s face of discomfort changed when she opened her lunch box, Saki and Nico had each slipped in a drawing. Saki’s had the words “I love you mommy” on it next to a messy drawing of a her and what she presumed to be Nico and Saki. Nico drew a big messy multi colored heart with just the word “Mommy” next to it. Her heart swelled. Nico and Saki would do this a lot, but every time Sana nearly cried. It made her so happy. She had two perfect kids, what more could she need? Who cared about Mina. 

She has to take the subway to get to the girls school to pick them up. It was so far from her work, it was in Mina’s world, not hers. The school was nowhere near Sana’s world, which made sense considering the prestige. Sana didn’t mind it though, her mother was right when Sana complained about it once to her. The school would give the girls opportunities Sana herself hadn’t been given. Sana didn’t mind having to travel extra far if it meant her daughters were being given the best opportunities possible, that was worth it. Sometimes Sana remembered what it was like to live in Mina’s world. The fancy food, fancy clothes. She wouldn’t say she missed it, not with the large amounts of fancy clothes still sitting in her closet and the fact Jeongyeon made food ten times better than anything at those restaurants. But it was a different life, one Sana had to adjust too without. She did get money from Mina for child support, but Sana wasn’t materialistic enough to spend said money on anything other than it’s purpose, the kids. She made enough for rent and food, granted it wasn’t as fancy as the kids got at Mina’s. Sana went grocery shopping every Monday, if it was her week with the kids she would buy real food, she made an effort to make basic dishes with healthy components. However, to save money, when Sana was alone she mainly relied on instant ramen and instant food, like any broke college student. 

 

Sana first picked up Nico, like normal. Nico was boundless, she seemed to have more energy than normal and Sana had trouble keeping her hand in hers. Sana learned she had been given an extra long nap today, and Sana sighed knowing it meant Nico was likely to not want to go to bed like normal. When she went to get Saki, she was surprised to see Mina with her. 

“We seem to keep running into each other.” Sana comments as greeting. 

“Yeah, small world, I guess.” Mina shrugs. “Saki’s in trouble again.”

“I didn’t do anything!” Saki defended. 

“You were caught eating in class,” Sana had to hold herself back from laughing. As far as things Saki could get in trouble for that was a fairly mild thing to get in trouble for. It was almost funny. 

“I was hungry!” Saki argued. 

“I’m sure you were.” Mina nodded. “No games for a week, you know our deal.” Saki pouted and ran to Sana’s side for refuge. Sana didn’t want to ask about the deal (she did, but she wouldn’t admit it). 

“Hi Mama,” Nico waved at Mina before running off to Saki’s desk in the empty classroom. “I’m Saki!” Nico giggled. 

“Come on sweetheart.” Sana giggled and held an arm out for Nico. Nico nodded and ran back, jumping into Sana’s outstretched arm. “Your getting heavy.” 

“I’m a big girl!” Nico smiled. 

“I”m bigger!” Saki argued. Nico stuck her tongue out at her sister in response, invoking a response of defense from her sister. 

“Girls please.” Mina sighed, but a small giggle gave her away. Sana hated how much she loved this moment. 

“We should go Mama probably has stuff to do.” Sana tried to escape. 

“Mina, you ready?” Sana froze when she heard a new woman’s voice walk into the room. 

“Yeah give me a second Jieun.” Mina smiled at the woman and Sana turned to face her. . She was pretty. Sana scanned her up and down, she didn’t expect to meet Mina’s new girlfriend. At least, this soon. Her heart felt like it was going to stop any second. “How rude of me, Jieun, this is Sana.” Jieun walked to Sana in her heels and held a hand out for Sana to shake. Sana shook it and noted how Nico held her tighter when Jieun approached. 

“Hi Miss Song.” Saki nodded. 

“Hello Saki,” The woman smiled at the girl. “Hi Nico.” Nico looked up from Sana’s shoulder to mutter a quick hi before reburying herself into Sana. 

“Sorry about her she’s pretty shy.” Sana apologized on behalf of Nico. 

“Oh I know, Mina’s told me about it.” Sana was practically fuming under her kind exterior. 

“Well, Jieun you ready to go?” Sana hated the way they laced their hands together.

“Yeah, Saki you be a good girl next time okay?” Saki just nodded as the two left, hand in hand. Sana felt sick to her stomach. 

“I don’t like her.” Saki said once the door was shut. 

“Why not baby?” Sana asked, shifting Nico to just one arm so she could hold Saki’s hand. 

“She just, doesn’t seem right. She seems nice but I know she says bad things about me and Nico, I heard her on the phone. And she is always looking at us weird. Nico doesn’t like her either.” Nico nodded. 

“She’s a meanie.” Nico added.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter