Unisons? We should really get used to these.

One Big Happy Family [Indefinite Hiatus]

[Author's Note: The italized sentences inside parentheses are Daiki's current thoughts as he recall the moment.:))]

Daiki POV

 

Annyeong everyone! Je ireumeun Arioka Daiki imnida! Nice to meet you all~..

You might be wondering why a cute Japanese guy is now speaking Korean..

But! it's not just me.. it's everyone!

Well, it all started earlier this morning when we were at the park..

 

-- FLASHBACK --

We were having a great time. It was sunny and we had our, what I think is as well-deserved break! It has been a long long time since me and the other members went out to have fun. And the best part, WE HAD THE PARK TO OURSELVES~!!!! Yokatta, ne?

Anyway, as I was sitting on top of the monkey bars, I was watching Chii, Ryu-chan, and Yama-kun play by the swings, taking turns in push one of them. Kyoptaaaa~!!! Keito and Kei-chan are by the table which is being shaded by the tree. I think they were playing chess. Kakoi! While the two are being their cool selves I see Yabu, Yuyan and Hika-chan chasing each other, Yabu being the 'it'. Really, these guys. They act like kids.

Ah~.. this feeling is nice. Everyone's happy, even nature is! The sun is shining brightly, birds and butterflies are flying and the sky is so blue and clear. The clouds look like white cotton candy, so white and fluffy. No signs of raining anytime soon.

As I was enjoying the view, Chii called me.

"Ne, Dai-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan~!!!" He yelled with his high-pitched voice.

"Hhhhmmm~???" I replied not turning from the sight before me.

"Dai-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn~!!" He yelled again as he climbed up to where I was. He probably didn't hear me.

"Huwaaaa~ the view here is nice!" Chii said as he looked at the view. Clearly, this guy forgot why he was here.

"Chii.." I said, now facing him, his face filled with joy. I got to admit, it was cute.

"Hhhhmmm?" Chii replied as he enjoys the scenery before him.

"Why did you call me?" I asked, breaking his trance.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Gomen! I got distracted by the nice view. Anyway, we wanted to go get some ice cream. Want to come?" He finally said.

Oh! Ice cream would definitely be nice in this weather.

"Sure! Okay." I answered.

We went down from the monkey bars and were greeted by the others. Chii and Ryu-chan led the way to the ice cream parlor.

As we approach the store, the exterior of the store does not look anything like an ice cream parlor. If it weren't for the big "ICE CREAM PARLOUR" sign outside I would've thought it was a medieval house. Like the houses from Ella Enchanted. (What? Keito was watching Ella Enchanted and I became fascinated with it even though I could not understand one bit.)

When we entered the shop, it had a cozy feeling to it. Like a home. The decorations on the walls are antique musical stuffs like those big, black CDs and cassette tapes even the player of those big CDs are there. Posters of singers and bands like Michael Jackson and The Beatles are posted on the walls. I guess the owner was American?

We noticed that there wasn't anyone here, except the 40-something woman behind the counter. We also noticed that the tables only sit 4 person per table so we approached the lady, which apparently is named Claire-san thank to her name tag, and asked if we could move the chairs.

"Hai. Go ahead. Just return them from where they were before, okay?" She said.

"Hai! Arigatou!" We said as we headed for the tables.

After that, Claire-san handed us the menu. And WOW! The ice creams here weren’t just a normal one! It had cute chibi food art!!!

"KAWAAAAAIIII~!!!" We said in unison. Again. Wow, this unison thing is getting usual.

"Hontou? Well, just call me when you've made up your mind." Claire-san said and left us.

"WOW! Kawaii!! I can't choose!! I want to order all!" I said.

"What's this? Did I hear that Dai-chan will treat us today?" Yuyan started. Oh boy.

"Hontou??!! Hontou??!!" Chii, Yuto and Ryu-chan broke from their super concentrated state because they can't choose one. Oh boy. TAKAKI YUYA!!

"Ne, Dai-chan, hontou? Are you really going to pay?" Chii said tugging my shirt. I dared to look at him and regretted it. (When I saw Chii face like a kid on Christmas Day begging his mom for a new toy. With that face, I could not say no.)

"Ha- Hai." I just said defeated. Yuya will pay for this!

"Claire-san! We're ready to ordeeeeerrr~!!!" Yuyan said, a little bit excited. He's planning something!

"CHOTTOMATTE~!!" I yelled.

"Okay, I will pay for the food demo, please, I don't want to use all my money! You can order a max of 2 each, agreed?" I warned them.

They just nodded.

"Uhm, I'll have the strawberry ice cream cake please." Yama-kun said. Of course, he's a strawberry freak! He cannot NOT eat a strawberry as a day pass!

"I'll have this, this and this." Yuyan said. Damn you Yuya! I'm gonna kill you!

After Claire-san asked the others, I was the last one. I just pointed a pink milkshake I think. Whatever. I don't want to spend all of my money now. She left after she got my order.

"Oh, by the way, you guys can turn the TV if you want." She said as she points the flat screen TV placed on the wall.

"The remote is on the table under it." She continued.

"Hai! Arigatou" Some of us said.

Kei-chan stood up and took the remote and the TV. I guess he was bored.

"Hai, dozo." He said handing the remote to Hika-chan.

After some time surfing through channels, Hika-chan decided on some drama.

"Hey, Arashi will have a comeback now right?" Yabu said.

"Oh yeah. What time is it?" Chii said. This Arashi-Ohno-crazed kid.

"Uhm, it's already starting." As Yama-kun said that, Chii snatched the remote from Hika-chan and rapidly change the channel to Music Station.

"Phew. The MCs said thet Arashi will be performing last. Good thing." He said relief can be heard clearly from his voice.

Few minutes pass, Claire-san and two younger boys, maybe in their late 20's or early 30's, came with our orders and I must say WOW!!!! (Man! The food looks sooooooo~ kawaii!!)

"Arigatou, Claire-san!" We said our thanks.

"It's so cute that I don't even know if I can touch it, let alone eat it." Yuyan commented while the others just nodded, still looking at the food.

"HEY! You have to eat it! You ordered it! I don't want my money to go to waste!" I yelled particularly to Yuyan.

"HAI HAI OKA-SAMA!" He replied sarcastically.

Everybody laugh and started eating so I grabbed my order and sipped it. I was surprised! It was watermelon! WAAAAAHHH~.. (I was in heaven when I drank that. It wasn't only a milkshake, but watermelon ice cream and vanilla ice cream were apparently put shaken together with the milk in the blender. Cool. \m/)

We were chatting happily. When we ran out of topics, Hika-chan opened up a very interesting topic: GIRLS. I mean, we ARE boys. We are single. We cannot have any girlfriends, which .

“Ne, minna, did you hear about the Korean girl group that will be promoting their Japanese single here?” Hika-chan said.

“Ne, I think so. Shoujo Jidai?” Yama-kun asked.

“HAI! Man! I saw their teaser video for ‘Genie’ and it was soooo~ cuteee!!!!!” Hika-chan gushed over them.

“I know right?! Why do they have to soooo~ charming?!” Yuto added as Chii and Yama-kun nodded. Well, they are really beautiful.

“After I saw the teaser, I immediately searched them on Youtube. Genie has been released in Korean and it has a big hit. Especially the dance where they flick the legs like this.” Yabu said as he does the flicking leg thing. Yama-kun, Chii and Yuto followed suit.

“Ne, really. They are soooo~ gorgeous! I heard that they are also great singers.” I stated.

“Sou ka? I’ve heard that they are big around the world.” Keito added.

“Hontou?” We said in unison. WOW! Our dream is to be famous all over the world. I wonder when that will be.

“Ne minna, wouldn’t it be nice if Johnny-sensei allow girls into the company already?” Yuyan said.

“HAI HAI!!” We answered and nodded fiercely. (I’m really tired of seeing guys’ faces every day. No offense guys.)

“And wouldn’t be more fun if Shoujo Jidai will be part of JE?” Hika-chan added.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH~!!” Just thinking about it made us excited.

“Sorry to burst your happiness guys, but that won’t be happening anytime soon.” Kei-chan said which made us silent.

“I mean, JE’s been an all-boys company from the start. What makes you think it will go co-ed now. Especially Shoujo Jidai who is under a Korean agency. That won’t happen. If it will, it is once in a blue moon.” He added.

“Goodbye happiness. Ya! Kei-chan, why did you to ruin all the fun?” Chii and Hika-chan said.

“I’m just saying the truth!” Kei-chan answered as he went back on eating his ice cream. (This meanie. >___<)

After that, we went back to eating, chatting away.

Suddenly, when Keito told us to be quiet. We didn’t listen and just continued to talk.

“URUSAI MINNA!” He finally yelled. We were shocked. I mean, he yelled. That rarely ever happens.

He was looking intently on the TV screen so we watched what was it about and we’re surprised by what we saw.

 

“Johnny and Associates will be merging with S.M. Entertainment”

 

“NANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~????!!” We shouted as we heard the reporter say  the headline.

“Did I just heard what I thought I heard?” Yabu asked but was answered by a SSSSSSSSHHHH! from us.

“Doue??? We’re going to merge with some company? What’s S.M. Entertainment? Who are they?” These questions echoed through the whole store. (I’m surprised that Claire-san didn’t panic or whatever. She wasn’t even in the store that time.)

“Guys! SSSSSSSSSSSHHHH!! We can’t hear the news!” Keito and Yabu silenced us.

 

“Lee Soo Man, founder and CEO of S.M. Entertainment announced that a merger will be happening between them and Johnny Kitagawa and his company, Johnny and Associates. No further information is being released but Lee Soo Man will have a joint press-con with Johnny Kitagawa on Friday.

S.M. Entertainment is a top-producing talent agency in Korean. It is home to BoA and Tohoshinki who have both been successful in conquering Japan. Shoujo Jidai, also known as SNSD or Girls’ Generation, are set to have a Japanese debut soon.

Maybe it is one of the reasons for the merger: to help expand the popularity the artists of both companies.

Tune in next time for more news and updates that are coming!“

 

“NANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~!!!” We yelled again.

“What in the world is happening?!” Kei-chan said, still stunned.

“Minna, does this mean that we’ll finally new faces around, especially new girls around?” Yuyan said, still absorbing the fact.

“Hai.” We just nodded. And after few seconds..

“Yokatta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” They yelled, Kei-chan still frozen in shock as I am.

“Minna! Don’t you see? Not only will there be girls around, also new people. Which means, everything will change!!!” I said in realization.

“Of course it will change, but we can all adapt right?” Yabu reassured me.

“Minna! Didn’t they said that Shoujo Jidai is under the company that’ll be merging with us?” Yuto asked.

“Hai!” Chii and Ryu-chan said smiling from ear to ear. 

“YATTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!” They yelled, well I joined in the fun. Kei still couldn’t believe that his “once-in-a-blue-moon” theory was proven wrong right away.


“Hooray for girls!!!” Hika-chan and Yuyan said as they jump up and down.

“Yay! Yay!” Ryu-chan and Chii said.

“Are? Why are you cheering Chii? I thought you didn’t want a girlfriend yet?” Keito asked.

“Because! We’ll have new playmates!! Ne Ryutaro?” Chii said and Ryu-chan nodded.

“Oh. Yay! Yay!” Keito and Yuto cheered as well.

“Yay for Shoujo Jidai!” They continued.

Their reactions were… unexpected. I mean, we’ve been an all-guys company since forever and it just change all of a sudden! I was expecting more reactions like ‘Doueeeeeeeee???!!’.

“I kind of like the idea of having new artists around but it scares as hell that they are not Japanese. We’ll have language barrier and definitely out cultures will clash!” Kei-chan told me.

“I agree, I bet you they didn’t even thought of that!” I said to Kei.

“Hey, I know what to do. Let’s ruin the fun.” Kei-chan asked as a cheshire smile played in his lips.

I look at the happy Yuyan. Oh the things I want to do to get back at him.

“Okay! So, what are we going to do?” I asked him.

“Just follow my lead.” He said. And I did what I was told.

“Hey, Dai-chan, isn’t Shoujo Jidai Korean?” He asked, loud enough that it was heard by the others. What the--??

“Way to state the obvious Kei-chan! Just admit it, you were wrong before!” Hika-chan answered as Yuyan and Yabu nodded while laughing

“As Hika-chan said, they ARE indee Koreans. So they native tongue is Korean right Dai-chan?” Oh, I see where this is going. HEHEHEHE. Nice plan Kei!

This made them stop their partying mode.

“So, we won’t understand each other then. Even if they knew Japanese, I have a feeling it’s just the basics. They only learned it for introductions and such.” Kei said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

“And also, I heard from some news that they still need an interpreter for such interviews. It would be hard.” I said.

“Baka! We would just teach them! And! It could be a way to be closer.” Yuyan said.

"You should speakfor yourself, Takaki Baka. Can you speak Korean? No right? Then how can you teach them if you don't even have one common language??!" I retorted.

"Well. no. I can't speak Korean." Yuyan said, definitely defeated. (Ah~ the sweet feeling of revenge!)

"Plus, the cultural differences that will greatly hinder us."  Keito said as he went back to realization.

"Yeah. It would be hard for all of us." Yama-chan said disappointingly.

"Operation Revenge, success!" I whispered in Kei=chane ear.

"But, at least we'll get to be together right?  And I'm sure that they'll be hard at work in learning the Japanese culture and language." Yabu reassured us. Such a sweet-hearted guy.

Seeing their sad faces made me feel guilty.

"Yeah! yabu-chan's right! YOSH! Minna! Let's finish eating and start learning Korean culture!" I initiated.

With that, the sad atmosphere disappeared and finished their food with eyes of hope.

When we finished, I went to the cashier and paid our food and the we left.

"Arigatou gozaimasu!" We thank Claire=san and the guys.

-- END OF FLASHBACK --

So that's how we ended up here, learning Korean with a tutor.

I do hope everything's going to be alright.

HEY! SAY! JUMP! HWAITING!!

 

[Author's Note: When I was in writing this, I really didn't knew what to do, will I make them have a "WTH" experience or have them excited and happy about girls. But in the end, I chose to mix a little bit of both: happiness because of girls and disappoinment because of the problems they will face that will eventually hinder them. :))]

 

Hey! Say! JUMP's reactions at fiirst:

PARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY~!!

HEHEHE. GIRLS. >:))

 

WISH COME TRUE! IT IS AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM SANTA DAIKI !

 

After:

Yuyan: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!! THAT CAN'T BEEEE~..

 

Yabu: Ah. NO. NO, NO. I  DO NOT APPROVE

 

Yuto, Chii and Ryutaro: Aw. No playmates. *sobs*

 

Hika: What's that??!

 

[CREDITS RIGHTLFULLY BELONGS TO THE OWNERS/CREATOS OF THE GIFs. I DID NOT MADE THEM. I JUST USED THEM TO COMPLIMENT THE STORY.]