CHAPTER 3

TO BELONG TO

He gets a taxi and quickly spoke the address before the car drive to his spoken destination. It’s not that far from big hit building. It’s supposed to take around 10 minutes by car as he knows. And he arrives at the destination in 13 minutes. As he counts and quickly pays before he storm out to the specific place.

In front of the door, he calms himself by taking a few deep breaths. When he finally comfortable he push the bell and the door open after that without any voice changing. He knows she sees him via the camera.

He gets inside and quickly toward her that still standing near the machine. “Are you okay?” he asked wiping the tears on her cheek.

She shakes her head. “No. I’m not”

“I see… You will be okay. I’m here…” he tries to calm her and bring her to the sofa. They talked for a while and it slowly calmed her down till she sleeps.

He carries her to her bed and lies her down. Searching for a paper he wrote her note informing he goes back and for her to call him later when she woke up.

 

It’s night and late but the boys haven’t got a sleep all due to Suga haven’t turned up to their dorm yet. The sound of the front door opening makes them flinch and no one dares to go out from their room.

Suga didn’t say anything or do anything except head to the shower and then to bed without making any much noise. His gesture makes the six of them more anxious rather than he straight out angry at them.

Everyone notice that morning ride is toxic. No joke or enjoyment like always happens and silence all the way to their schedule.

“Suga, where did you go last night? You’re not in the dorm when I drop the kids” question their manager and the member flinch.

“He’s there” says Jimin. “Hyung didn’t see?”

“He’s there?” asked the manager.

“Yes. He is” added V that want the question buried. If their manager asked more they know they won’t survive this whole ordeal.

Suga’s phone ring and it makes the six of them looked at him. He opens his closed eyes and looked at the caller before answer it.

“You woke up. Hmm… Hmm… Yes. I’m with them. I can handle that . Okay. Don’t worry. Bye” he ended the call and his manager looked at Suga.

“Suga, who are you talking with?” asked his manager who worried that their member will involve in a relationship when their name start to rise and there are in the middle of catching the popularity. Any scandal would destroy the whole group.

Suga not even minds but the other member scared of the outcome. “His friend. I know him too” says Jin calm in this whole storm.

“If it friend it is okay” say his manager but he a little worried over it too. He thinks that the boys decide to cover up each other.

 

That day they busy with the music program and other stuff and get back home late at night. When the door closed and only them is in the house, RM spoke “We need to sit and talk”

Everyone sit but Suga headed to his room. “Suga hyung” called RM and he stopped from opening the door. “Please. We need to solve this”

“There nothing to solve”

“At least let us apologize” mention Jin while the three youngest looked down. “Yes. And you can’t keep us in the dark. What if we can’t cover you anymore?” state J-hope.

“There nothing to cover if you guys didn’t meddle in this stuff!” he shouts and the youngest began to cry. Each one of them saying sorry and admit their fault.

“They’re sorry. At least let them apologize from their stupid decision” Jin being the mom try to bring back the peace.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I don’t mean to meddle into your relationship. I’m just curious” says V in tears.

“I shouldn’t answer that call” Jungkook admit his fault.

Suga sighs and sits down on the sofa. The others at that time sitting on the floor in form of circle leaving a space for Suga. But he is not in the mood for that circle. “By knowing this, you guys will definitely need to cover for me in case anything happen” he says and the other nodded.

“Lee Erin. She is not my girlfriend” says Suga and all eyes on him. Even the youngest stop crying and looked at him.

“Then what? A stalker?” question Jimin and J-hope added “Did she blackmail you?”

“For goodness sake, just listen and shut up” Suga burst and they silence and listen. “She doesn’t even know me as Suga. If you asked about BTS I think she just thinks it as Behind the Scene”

“I know we’re not that popular yet. But I can’t imagine that. She must fake it” says RM who got glare from Suga. He quickly looked away avoiding it.

“I meet her six months ago. Remember that one time I go for a vacation alone and you guys got mad at me?” question Suga and they nodded at the same time.

“I meet her then. She tries to kill herself by drowning. I save her. Her whole life, people leave her side, betray her. She can’t handle it and decide to die. I talk her out of it so she can live even not for her own sake, for my sake. And she did. For quite sometimes she still thinks the same and decides to die. Just recently around two months she began to calm down and okay. Until you guys answer that call and destroy her”

“But… It’s just a call” says Jungkook and another soul killed by a stare.

“She can’t handle a lot of people. She doesn’t trust people. I take a lot of time to build her trust so she alright and in a matter of a call she began to the first phase. And it is when we’re busy with the schedule. When we’re not, I can talk to her more and visit her to calm her down” he sighs.

“I don’t believe” comes from J-hope. “Okay” comes from the older. He takes his phone and searches for something. “This is all her voice message that I keep. Listen to it”

Silence creep into the whole room as one by one message ended. “You guys want to hear more?” he asked and they shake their head. Some of them are already with tears.

“You guys better pray that she well” he says at the end before gets up and head to his room.

 

He keeps contact with her and helped her get back. The boys can’t say no to that and just cover him when they need to.  They admit it is their mistakes in the first place destroying what he build in her.

He comes back into the room after a call and sits on the sofa on the recording room. He sighs can be heard by RM and that guy looked at him. “What is it? Is there something wrong with her?”

“Nowadays I can feel something weird with her”

“Like what?” the guy become uninterested with his work and looked at him.

“The feel like she going to go far away” he explains and the other guy frown. Clearly not understand what he means by.

“You sound like you want her to keep depend on you and not move on. Do you like her?” a bold question that makes him question himself.

“I…” he wants to respond but the door suddenly opened and their manager pokes inside.

“There you are. Here” he gives the two of them an envelope.

“What is this?” question RM before he opens it and says “New number?”

“Yeah. I notice nowadays there quite a lot of calls comes in into you guys number. So the seven of you got a new number”

“I don’t want to change my number” Suga put the envelope on the table.

“Most of it on your number” his manager says aiming right at Suga. “Do you got a girlfriend?” he asked sharply.

“Friend only”

“No matter what, change your number. You can inform your friend of your new number” his manager says before opening the door as he wants to walk out.

“I want to keep my old number”

“Change your number”

“I will use both then” he decided on it. “I will say I change my number to others but I still want to keep my old number”

“Suit you” their manager walked out not going to fight over it. RM eyes eyed Suga doesn’t understand it. “Why?” he asked.

“Hmm…?”

“You can just use your new number”

“Erin” just that comes to Suga lips and RM frown. “Still you can inform her”

“She not likes others. Changing my number will do worse to her. So I’m keeping this number”

 

After ended the concert and what left is the encore, in that matter of time, he checked his phone. He can see a few missed calls and also a voice message for him. However, at that time he can’t check it.

“Suga” called the staff and he nodded putting his phone on the table and headed toward the stage follow the others member. They then perform the encore splendidly before ended the concert for real.

With a phone in his hand, he headed to toilet still in the cloth his wear for the encore and not even removing the microphone and earpiece. He quickly checks the voice message. There something unsettles in his chest.

“I hope to talk for you but looks like you’re busy. I’ve been thinking about this… Now I’m clear. I’m going to search for someone to belong to. Someone that will trust me and I trust him. I will keep you update on my search when I can” there a pause as he heard an announcement. “I need to enter the plane right now. Bye…”

“What the hell?” he asked himself before trying to call her number but it can’t be reached. Right at that time there a strong knock on the door.

“Suga hyung, what are you doing so long?” he recognizes that voice as Jimin. Suga cursed under his breath and comes out.

He tries to call again for a few more times but he knows it won’t reach since it been around 1 hour since the message recorded and definitely she in the plane heading somewhere. But he just doesn’t want to believe it.

He headed to the changing room and in lighting speed changes his cloth into his own and takes his stuff. “I’m heading out first!” he shouts before heading out. shout to stop him but it not working and their manager did the same but run after him.

“Ya. Where are you going? There a lot of fans out there” hearing that Suga stopped. There no way for him to be able to pass the mass of fans outside after concert. Even though they waiting for quite some time it will be hard to walk out and now just a few minutes after the concert.

He headed back to the room with eyes on the floor. He sits on the chair and their stylish head to him to remove his makeup.

“What happen?” the leader comes to him worried. He searches for the recording, he record as he heard the voice message and give it to RM with an earphone. It’s not something everyone in that room should hear.

RM takes it and listens to the voice message. When he finished he looked at Suga. “She is too rash. I don’t think she can handle something like that for now”