MAYBE SHE IS FALLING IN LOVE

LOOK AT ME

 

 

“It’s okay. I don’t really mind it, as long as you alright then it’s a relief for me”

“But still thank you”

“Many times I told you, you don’t have to thank me. Sharing about how you feel is better than keeping it by yourself, Eunbi. So it’s alrighti I’m always glad listening to you”

“Good night Yewon. Thank you.”

 

Like the other night, Eunbi always call me in the middle of night, telling me about her feeling. About her life that always being upside down after she broke up with her girlfriend, Yenni. I still don’t understand why that ex-girlfriend of Eunbi broke up with her. I don’t know where did it goes wrong, but maybe that Yenni isn’t ready to get married yet, that’s what Eunbi told me. The main reason why they broke up, is because Eunbi want to tie a knot with Yenni, in the age of twenty-three. I guess Yenni is pretty shock by Eunbi’s decision that time, both of them still young to be in marriage world.

 

“Why are you still awake?”

“Oppa? It’s—I just don’t feel like going to bed yet”

“Must be thinking about that woman again, isn’t?” He say, throwing his annoying smirk to me.

“No I’m not”

“Come on, tell me. Do you mind to share anything with me?”

“There’s nothing”

“Okay then”

 

He answer me before left me alone at the living room. It’s already late midnight but I can’t really sleep, I don’t feel like watching TV either. So I just sit lazily on the couch, with the lights off.

 

“You have something to share isn’t? Just tell me, I’m here”

My brother say again and handing me a glass of hot chocolate as he take a sit at the other couch.

 

“Ther—there’s nothing. It’s just—just—nothing”

“There must be something that bothering your mind?”

 

He ask me again. With his assured tone, wanting to make me feel that it’s alright if I tell him. I can’t even lie to him, he know me well and I can’t run from him.

 

“Oppa. Are you serious, about your words that day? It must be a lie right? There’s no way I fell in love with her”

 

I must be lying to myself if I didn’t think about it a lot. In fact, it bother me, every single time. Whenever I look at Eunbi, my brother’s words always pop out in my mind again. It’s like telling me that I really in love with that friend of mine.

 

“I’m serious, Yewon-ah. Did I ever lie to you? No right?”

“Since you say that, I couldn’t really focus. Whenever I see her, makes me think that I fell in love with her for real”

Well, why bother? That’s the truth”

“She’s taken Oppa. She have someone that she love already and there’s no way I have that kind of feeling towards her”

 

I say again hoping that my brother will understand my feeling as he just goes silent, didn’t say any word. I really want to convince him that Eunbi is just a friend to me, but sometimes I feel confuse too. Did I really grow a feeling toward her?  At some point, a big part in me sometimes agree to it.

Or is it some kind of pity feeling towards her? I mean, Eunbi always call me. She always wanted to tell me how bad her day goes and I know, the problem isn’t from our workplace. Eunbi just need someone to talk about her feeling, she just need someone to hear her out, to listen to her whatever she want to say, and that someone is me.

Eunbi just need someone to talk. That’s all.

 

…………………………………………………………….

 

I placed the last snacks on the table as I sit on my favorite couch. I’m ready for the movies that I’ve been missed a lot. For the almost a year I start working, there’s only three times I went to cinema to watch movies. I love to watch movies. It’s my ultimate hobby aside from others. With this free times, of course I should use my Me Time well. I’m glad that my brother didn’t stay with me this week, so I literally own the whole world from this apartment of mine.

 

“What a perfect time to watch movies”

 

It is sharp eleven o’clock when I finish watched my second movies. I stand up with a thought wanting to take another popcorn for me before my phone ringing loudly from my room. I purposely left me phone in my room because I don’t want to get disturb by anyone.

 

“Ahh~~ I should just switch it to airplane mode”

 

Who calling me again?! It’s my Me Time! I take my phone harshly as I look at the caller ID.

 

Eunbi.

 

I just remember. Of course Eunbi will call me around this time. Even before I can call her back, my phone is ringing again and just like what I expected, Eunbi’s name appear on it.

 

“Yes, Eunbi? I’m sorry for—Eunbi?” I frown when I can heard a noise at the background. Eunbi must be outside. I can’t help but start to get worry about her.

 

“Yewonnie~ I miss you soo~~ much~!”

“Eunbi where are you now?”

“Yenni~~Yewon, I met Yenni just now—she’s with her—with her girlfriend~”

“Alright alright. But now Eunbi, you should tell me where you are? Are you alone?”

“Hmmm~ I just want to drink for a little~”

“Where is it? Tell me the place. I’ll come for you”

“Yewonnie~ is coming for me~~”

 

 

Despite my Me Time today, I decide to come over to Eunbi’s wherebout. I can’t just let her be outside with her current state. From her voice just now, Eunbi seems too drunk. She can’t even talk properly and sometimes I can heard a man’s words wanting to get close to Eunbi at the background. I push the accelerator, didn’t mind about a cars that already honking me for driving dangerously.

 

I wandering around in front of the night club that Eunbi’s mention. I never been inside any night club before. From the outside, I can tell it is really noisy inside and I don’t like a noisy thing. If my brother see me walk inside this kind of place, he must be upset to me.

 

The smell of alcohols and the lights inside the club make me dizzy. How come people like to come here?! My eyes then darted at the table where I can see a familiar figure. Eunbi. She just sitting with there alone with a few small glass on the table that I expect it’s all hers.

“Eunbi? Let’s go back” I raised my voice as I take Eunbi’s hand.

“Yewonni~!”

“Let’s go back” I say again, ignoring the fact that Eunbi just look at me with her wide smile. I just want to get out from the place as fast as I can. But it’s not easy as I thought. Eunbi’s leg seems doesn’t want to corporate with her, she can’t even walk properly as she too drunk to even stand up. The crowd didn’t help much either. I have to squeeze between them to get out. Not even the light help me. They dimmed the light and blasting their music suddenly and the crowd start jumping around. Thankfully with my little patient and strength, we finally sit inside my car.

 

“You’re drunk. I won’t let you drive. Give me your address, I will drive you there” I say after I relax myself. But Eunbi didn’t say anything. She just mumbling to something that I don’t understand and then she start crying silently.

 

……………………………………….

 

Yewon look at the drunk Eunbi that currently sit on her favorite couch who start crying again. She have no other choice but bring Eunbi to her apartment. Eunbi is too drunk to remember her way back home and Yewon is just hoping that the woman didn’t mad at her later.

“You should sleep Eunbi—“

“I miss her~~She was with someone~ Yennie was with someone who not me~~”

“I know it Eunbi. But now you should rest, look at your eyes. When did the last time you sleep?”

Yewon ask, concern. Eunbi’s eye bag definitely look worse along with the mascara stain maybe because of her tears that seems doesn’t want to stop.

Actually it’s been almost two days since Eunbi slept. She barely sleep. Her mind was in terrible state and she can’t focus either to her work. It’s a relief that their department don’t really have much work for the current month so they can have a have a lot of free time.

Two days ago, Eunbi met her childhood friend, Eunha. Two of them were talking mostly about Eunbi’s ex-girlfriend. Like always, Eunbi never want to listen to Eunha’s words because that small girl always stick to her opinion saying that Eunbi should move on and forget Yenni from her life. That day, Eunbi was having a little thought that she will want and try to move on. She tried, but everything that she planned didn’t goes just like what she want to be. Yesterday, she accidently met Yenni at the street. Only two of them know how mess Eunbi was cried that time, begging for Yenni to come back to her life. What make she hurt more is Yennie’s words to her

 

“I never love you! Can you please just freaking leave my life alone!?”

“I told you to disappear from my eyes! Haish~! You such a clingy! Why did I agree to dated you?!”

“Stop being such a loser!”

 

Things getting worse when she met Yenni again at the night club just now. Yenni was with someone, hugging, kissing the other woman in front of her. She didn’t even get to say anything to her because Yenni acted like two of them didn’t know each other.

 

“Why she did that to me~” Eunbi start wailing. Crying mess in front of Yewon.

 

Yewon silently take a seat at the end of the couch where Eunbi at. She don’t have any words and just listen to Eunbi who keep wailing, calling Yenni’s name repeatedly. Yewon just patting Eunbi’s back softly hoping that the woman will calm herself down, and she glad when Eunbi finally stop wailing only a little few sobbing can be heard as she fall asleep on the couch.

Yewon just let Eunbi sleep on it as she still in her own thought. She was in her deep thought thinking about Eunbi’s love life. She can see it now, how much Eunbi love her first love, how much she’s hurt because of that sudden break up. That relationship must be really meant everything to her. After all, first love hurt the most. First love is everything to everyone and Yewon know that feeling too well. To move on from it isn’t easy. Yewon really know that feeling too well, she know how much it is hurt Eunbi because she is hurting too.

She look at the woman that already asleep on the couch. Yewon goes closer to her until they can face to face to each other. It is Yewon’s first time, being that close to Eunbi. She wipe Eunbi’s stain tears that seems doesn’t want to dry by itself. At that time, how Yewon hate that Yenni.  How she mad at the girl for making someone like Eunbi cried mess like that.

 

“I don’t want to see you cry anymore” Yewon unconsciously say. A few drop tears fall from her eyes without even she realize. She is just too mesmerized by Eunbi’s face that just right in front of her to realize about what she just did. Few minutes passed and Yewon started to feel sleepy. She stand up and try to wake drunk Eunbi up. With a miracle, Eunbi sloppily awake and Yewon guide her to the guest room.

She want to change Eunbi’s clothes since the alcohol smell is too much for her but then forget it. So Yewon just take off Eunbi’s jacket, ignoring all Eunbi’s words to her. Eunbi is just mumbling something and Yewon didn’t even understand a little of it.

 

“Yewonni~~”

“Hmm?” Yewon lazily answered as her hand wiping Eunbi’s face, neck and any place that she can by using wet towel.

“My Yewonni is so good~~I’~ Touched~”

“You drunk Eunbi. You didn’t even know what are you saying.”

“I’`M no~t I’m Sobe~I’M sober~ totally huh~!”

“I just miss YennI~~~Yennie~~is bad~!”

“You are right. Yenni is not good for you. You should just forget her okay?” Yewon say, after ignoring few of Eunbi’s words before. She just want to say that, out from her heart. Today is her first time seeing Eunbi crying but she already can’t bear to see any of Eunbi’s tears.

After finish, Yewon ready to get out from the room, wanting to give Eunbi a proper rest. Eunbi seems still awake, but Yewon know the girl just mumbling to some unknown words that she don’t understand.

 

“Good night and rest well Eunbi”

“Yewonnie~ “

“Why?”

“Nothing~ Good night too~” Eunbi say playfully and Yewon can just chuckled with that.

“Yewon~”Eunbi call her again.

“Yes Eunbi?”

“I~have—I—I want to—if you~~if you are my gi~~if you are my girlfriend~You are not going~~to leave me right~?”

“Eunbi, sleep—“

“Right~~~?”

“We will—we will talk tomorrow okay?”

“But~ you haven’t answer my question~~You wouldn’t leave me ri~~right?” Eunbi ask. Pouting. Her face seems she is going to cry again, making Yewon speechless, losing words.

“Why~? So you also will—“

“I’m not gonna leave you. I will always stay by your side and love you more than I love myself” Yewon answer, lose.

“Really?~Promise?~~”

“I promise. Now go to sleep alright?”

Yewon then get out from the room after switching off the light. Her face is red and she suddenly feel hot by her own answer to Eunbi just now.

“What did you just promise Yewon?!”

“It’s alright. Don’t worry. She’s not gonna remembered it. She is too drunk to remember”

Yewon say to herself. Assuring that everything is gonna be alright, but then her brother’s voice suddenly echoing inside her mind.

 

‘You surely fall in love with her. You just don’t want to admit it yet’

 

“Shut up!” Yewon shout to herself. She slammed her body on the bed and forcing herself to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Hello :) 

i come today with a new update, 

im sorry for the late update and im sorry for having a thought to stop this story, 

i wont stop, i will continue this, 

so thank you for everyone who still reading this, thank you so much.. 

im sorry if there any lack that yall found during read this.. i will try to make it better for everyone.. thank you