JUNG YERIN

LOOK AT ME

 

 

 

 

“I mean I just want to protect you from him. He isn’t that good. I know him”

 

Protect me?! What does she mean by wanting to protect me from him?! That day was confusing me so much. I don’t understand how did I end up going out with Eunbi? It’s not even going out for lunch, both of us literally going out like a date! Going out at amusement park, played bowling, eat ice cream together, watched movie. I still don’t get it how did I do that? Where did I get that courage being with Eunbi for the whole day?! I don’t understand myself.

Wait, wait!? Date?! Did I just have a thought that it’s called a date?! Why would I think like that? No—no! It’s not a date. It’s just like a friend going out together. Girl’s day out. Yeah! It is definitely like that.

But I have to be honest, ever since that day, Eunbi and I has gotten closer than before and I couldn’t be more happy than that. Sojung is right, Eunbi is a funny and bright person. I’m actually have a little guilty when I said Eunbi doesn’t need any friends in her life because she look like she don’t need anyone.

It’s been few hours since I strolling around in shopping mall. I was bored to death staying alone in my apartment so I decide to just going out lessen my boredom. Usually, on Saturday my older brother will come and go out with me but I guess not today. He must be busy with his work. Thankfully I refuse to work with my mother at her company, if I did, I must be busy too. And no. I don’t want that. Working as an auditor makes me happy and also, if I decide to work with my mother, I may not be able to meet Eunbi.

Eunbi. Again.

 

“Umji??!” A familiar voice stop me from drown with my own thought. Umji. It’s been a long time since I heard someone call me by that name. A nickname that I got during my high school.

 

“Hey, Umji right? You are! I thought I’m hallucinating but wow! It’s you Umji! You are skinnier than what I remember you! And pretty!”

“Yerin unnie?”

“Yah! Don’t call me unnie! Just Yerin, people will think I’m old already”

“What are you doing here?”

“Heck? Umji-ah, this is shopping mall! Hello?!”

“Sorry, I—I just lost in my own thought just now”

“You must be thinking about me, aren’t you? Come, let me hug you~ It’s really been a long time!~You are getting prettier huh. Where’s that bang that you always used to cover your face?”

“Wha—what! No!? I—I di—didn’t—“

“I’m just kidding. Oh! Let me introduce you, my girlfriend. Hayoung”

 

Girlfriend. This unnie. Seriously.

 

“He—hello, i—I’m Umji”

“Nice to meet you Umji. I’m Hayoung”

 

“Can we talk? Yerin? Just two of us” I think I might sound rude towards that Girlfriend of Yerin, but I can’t help to. I just need few explanation from Yerin.

 

Yerin. She never change.

 

“What’s with girlfriend?! Whats with her? A new victim?!”

“What victim? But her, she’s pretty right? Now I’ve change! Instead dating a guy I change my taste and date a girl. I never know dating a girl is fun than a guy” She said trying to change topic but I can’t let it slide. Yerin is being too much already.

“Yerin~! I thought you promise to Eunwoo five years ago?! You promise him that you will change, you promise in front of everyone tho! What is this again?”

“Oh come on Umji. Eunwoo is my past. It’s been four years since we broke up. Don’t bring him up”

“You said he will be the last! Don’t you feel sorry to him? Now tell me how many person already?!”

“I don’t understand you”

“You understand me, Yerin. Just answer me!”

“I told you, no one can stop me from what I want to do, not even you”

“Unnie, please change, in the end you will really get hurt ple—“

“Don’t tell me what I should do”

“I don’t know how to talk to you anymore”

“Umji, hey, we are still young. This is our time to do everything that we want. For just once Umji, let your inner self being free and happy. I’m not lying, but I’m happy Umji-ah. I’m happy being like this, I’m happy for what I am. This is what makes me happy”

“No, this is not the way! You can be happy, but not with this kind of method. You are just hurting and playing with their feeling”

“What can I do? This is what I am. Come on, everyone is all the same. They are all like me”

“Not everyone Yerin”

“Well, it’s up to you”

“Please stop all of your games unnie. Stop hurting people”

“Told you. No one can stop me”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt one day. It will come back to you”

“I’m not gonna taste all that sentiment feeling Umji. Don’t worry about me”

“As a younger sister and a caring friend, I hope you will change unnie. Please stop all of this, I beg you Unnie”

“I told you I’m not your sister, don’t call me Unnie!”

“Okay. Fine”

“It’s up to you Yerin. If you don’t want to change, trust me one day, you will get hurt too. You will taste everything what you have done to everyone before. Remember Yerin, Karma is there”

“Tch! I thought after five years, you will change too. But I definitely wrong. Kim Umji. You still nerd. Nice to meet you Umji. Let’s not meet again, because I suddenly feel sick from that nerd words that coming out from yours”

 

Yerin last words before she left me alone, she will never want to listen to me.  I know she is older than me but sometime, I think the way Yerin unnie thinking is worse than secondary school. I don’t understand her too. I still don’t know what she really want. I still don’t know what is her purpose for being like that?

 

Jung Yerin.

The famous student at my high school day. Her popularity is no joke, because she have everything. From her look, her eye smile, milky white skin, her ideal height, her genius brain, her money. She really has everything. It’s no wonder why she becomes everyone number one pick, whenever come to anything it’s always Jung Yerin.

She is everyone type even I, I’m jealous with her skill and genius brain. She can go anywhere with that knowledge that she have. She can do anything what she want, not to mention her family influence, it’s all possible if she want it. She is a good friend of mine, she is a good listener, I rely to her a lot, back then, Yerin unnie is someone where I can listen to her advice. I love to be around her, I love listening to her wise words. She is a senior, mates, friend and older sister to me. She always be there for me.

 I still remember clearly how happy I am when I know that Yerin unnie and I, shared the exactly same birthdate. I still remember the day where we celebrate our birthday at the school hall that requested by unnie herself. It was one of the happiest moment in my life. All the students get jealous because how closed I am with Yerin unnie.

But even though like that, unnie will never let anyone feel lonely in that school, she will always be there for them, she always tried her best for make everyone happy. I’m not lying but even with just a simple hello from Yerin unnie, the students already feels like they got the whole world. A whole new world that only they know. Back then, it is must be good being Jung Yerin. She make everyone happy with just her presence. How I wish I can be like her, how I wish I also can make everyone feel good with my presence only.

 

She was my role model.

Was.

 

Just when I thought she is an angel that sent by god from heaven, that’s when I knew the Real Jung Yerin.

Jung Yerin.

An evil player.

At first, I don’t want to accept that. I keep thinking and saying to myself that, it’s all everyone’s words because they were jealous with Yerin unnie. I know, Yerin unnnie isn’t that kind of person. I know how faithful she is. How care she is when it comes to someone’s feeling. How careful she is when it comes to attitude. I really hope that I can stick and believe in my own thought and words. It feels like a bucket of cold water splashed at my face. It is impossible for me to believe. I don’t want to accept everything when I heard Yerin unnie, admit it herself.

 

 

“I’m not gonna deny what they said. After all, it’s all the truth”

“You must be kidding me”

“You know me Umji. I never lie to you”

“There’s no way in the hell that you will be that kind of person!”

“I never thought that you know how to spill that kind of words”

“But why? Just why? Why you never tell me? Why nobody tell me?”

“Why? If you ever know, you don’t want be close to me anymore? Or more like you regret knowing me?”

“It’s three years unnie. Three years since I know you, why you never tell me?”

“Answer me first Umji”

“You should just let me know since the start”

“So you really did. You regret knowing me”

“I’m not! I never regret! You should just let me know so I can help you unnie!. So I can find where did it goes wrong!”

“Kid. You don’t have to help me. It’s not like I need any help. This is just me”

“You can’t be like this unnie. Please just stop being like this. No matter how many times you did, but now please just stop!”

“It’s fun. It’s make me happy doing this. Why would you want to take away my happiness?”

“By playing with someone’s feeling? By breaking someone’s heart?!”

“Told you. It’s fun”

“Yerin!”

“Wahh, finally you call me by name. I wait three years for you to call me without honorifics! Remember now Umji, call me Yerin. Just Yerin”

“Unnie, do you have any problem? You can share it with me? You can tell me anything, everything that make you being like this. I can—“

“I don’t have any problem and I’m totally okay being like this Umji-ah. This is my real self!”

“It’s not a good thing playing with someone’s heart unnie. Please just stop! I really beg you”

“I’m so done talking with you”

“Ple—“

“I don’t want listen to any of your nerd words! Umji, if you are embarrassed being a friend with me then you are welcome to go. I don’t care losing you. I still have a lot of student who to be my friend. I don’t care if you want to leave! Just leave!”

“Unnie—“

“I never care! Just leave! And this is a warning from me! As an older sister and senior, if you still want to scold me for being like this, I don’t want you come close to me again. Don’t talk to me! I don’t to see your face. I told you kid, I can do what I want and no one can stop me”

“I care about you unnie—“

“I don’t want talk to you anymore. Stay away from me. I hope you will do well in this school, study well, eat well, don’t be sick and good luck for the upcoming test. Nice to know you Umji”

 

I will never forget how hurt my heart that time. My heart, it was broke into million pieces after Yerin unnie told me to back off. I cried so hard. I even fainted that day and admitted to the medic room and I clearly remember, Yerin unnie never come and see me again. Never. She really forget me and act like we never know each other. She really don’t care about me anymore.

Five years has passed. I just hope Yerin unnie will really come to her sense and change. She can’t be like that forever. She can’t play to anyone’s feeling anymore. She really need to stop. I’m just afraid, Yerin unnie will get hurt in future. I can’t let her get hurt, I care about her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ahhh~~~ this can't be..

did i do well?? actually i am trying to do a story with only one pov, 

but i think, 

this is failure.. ... 

i will try hard in future...

i dont know if i do well or not.. :(