FATE ?

LOOK AT ME

.

.

.

She sit alone in the dark at the end of that park. It’s been two night that she can’t sleep and keep having a bad day. She want to be alone but she know that she isn’t that kind of person. She always have a friends beside her. Everyone know her, everyone want to be with her and that is why she is always being confident in herself. Because she is herself. And she couldn’t be more proud of it. She has everything, she get anything she want and to add more of it, she can definitely do anything that she want. But it was all changed since two days ago. Right after she met her parents after being separate for a long time. All her father’s words to her that night just make she felt like she being shot by gun. She felt worse. She felt like she want to hide from her family.

“I shouldn’t come to that stupid family gathering!”

“I never know you such a loser”

That is the first words from her father to after parting for a long time. What make it worse is, her father said that in front of everyone. Infront all of her relatives. She hit and slapping herself few times. She hate that kind of feeling. She is mad. The only thing that she want in the meantime, is she just want to be alone. She don’t want to meet anyone. Her mind is in mess. She can just go anywhere to release her tension just like usual, but she also don’t understand why she end up at that stupid park for two night straight.

“Are you alright?”

A voice startled her from her deep thought. She take a look to the person that she believe asking her just now. A woman. Pretty woman.

“Y—yeah. I’m ok” She answer that coolly, want to show the woman that she is doing just right and hoping the person will leave her alone.

“You know? I’m good at reading other’s people mind and from your voice and eyes just now, you clearly doesn’t look alright”

The woman said as she taking a seat beside her. Her heart start racing, not because of anything but from the words that she just heard. She want to shout at the woman but she stop herself.

“I think it’s none of your business” “Ouch, it’s hurts a little but I’m used to it. You know what, I swear I’m not stalking on you but it’s been two night I saw you sitting alone here at the same place and time. I think, fate want us to meet each other”

“First of all this is a public park where anyone can be here. Second, this is not a fate”

“Okay that’s hurt me again. I will not say anything then but please let me sit here. Is it okay for you?”

Instead of answering the woman, she just nodded to the person since she really don’t have any mood to talk to anyone. For her, the things inside her mind is more complicated and important than anything right now.

“If you want your position back I want you apologize to everyone that you hurt! Get out from here!”

 For the first time, she wish she can just disappear from everyone. She wish no one recognize her. She wish everyone will forget about her. And for the very first time, she wish for someone can understand her. Hoping for someone can listen to her. She wish for someone can be mentally support her. And for the first time, she let out her tears because she felt the world being unfair to her.

.

.

.

.

.

A loud alarm surprise her from her deep sleep. She wake up that morning with full of curiosity. It’s been two days she has been slept in the motel room but that morning, she is awake at some unfamiliar room to her. It’s look comfy, simple and modern design. She pinch herself try to prove that she isn’t in her dream.

“Did they take me back?”

But even before she can have a further thought the room door is opened and a stranger yet familiar woman come to her while giving a little smile and a morning greet to her. Confuse.

“Did you have a good sleep?”

“—yeah”

“Glad to hear that, you really look tired exhausted last night”

“Urm—where am I actually, I don’t remem—wait, this—“

“Oh about that, I’m sorry. I had to changed it because it get dirty already” She couldn’t say anything upon here the woman’s answer. It isn’t her first time, but it’s really embarrassed her. Who doesn’t? Having a stranger changing your clothes while you don’t even remember anything, it is really such a humiliating event for her.

“Uhm, you at my apartment. I don't know if you remember or not but last night you really look exhausted and actually you fainted last night. So i don't have really have any choice”

“I fainted?”

“Yeah” Hearing the answer make she really couldn't brain a thing anymore. She feels like all the event from last night has been erased from her memory. She literally can't remember anything.

“I--I think I should--I should go. I'm really sorry for troubling you but--”

“No--no you are not troubling me. I don't feel troubled at all. You should take a rest, you look unwell. I'm scare that you will faint again”

“I--I'm really alright” She wake up from the bed but as soon she stand up and take a few steps, her leg gave away immediately.

“I told you. You should just--”

“Yuju, the breakfast is ready for both of you Mommy and daddy going out now” Few knocks and faint voice from the outside startled both of them. Few second after she help the confused woman sit on the bed.

 

“I live with my parents. Don't worry, we are not a bad person”

“Th—thank you but I don’t want to trouble anyone. My—my parents might be looking for me if I didn’t come back since last night” Listening to the answer make Yuju raised her eyebrow a little. She understand that the girl feel uncomfortable and wanting to go out, but she couldn’t just let the girl go just like that. Her kind heart will never let that, not after she know everything.

“Uhmm, I’m sorry for bringing this up but you said it yourself last night that uhmm—your parents didn’t let you—yeah—I mean you have nowhere to go”

“How—i—how—“ “I think you don’t remember but yeah, i—that’s what you said last night. Yerin”

.

.

.

.

(last night)

.

.

She couldn’t say anything after she heard everything. Suddenly she feel sorry towards her. Knowing that the woman in front of her is now having a hard time make she want to stop. She don't want to continue but she just can't. She have to.

“I'm sorry for everything that happen to you. You are not supposed to get that kind of treatment. They are not supposed to throw you away like this”

“It's my fault. Maybe i shouldn't did all of that in the first place”

“You did what?” Her question make the girl startled.

“No--nothing. By--by the way I'm Yerin”

“Oh, i just realise this. We already talk for almost an hour and you even told me your story yet we just introduce ourselves now. Funny isn't? But yeah. I'm Yuju”

She said and look straightly into Yerin's eyes. For a second, she felt lost. It's her first time being close the girl she have heard a lot around her. And what everyone said is all true, this girl that right in front of her is really beautiful. Her eyes is perfect. For a moment, she felt like she want that beautiful eyes stop crying. She don't want to see any tears escape from that eyes.

Willingly or not, she still need to take Yerin with her. She can't just let the girl strolling around the city without home. And from what she just heard, Yerin probably doesn't have any place to stay. Her kind heart wouldn't just let Yerin being alone. Maybe Yerin did worst from what she know, but taking everything away from her is just unacceptable. How come her own family throw her away just like that? Even taking her own apartment, freeze all her credit card, taking back her position from their own company is just make no sense at all.

“Then--then have you eat for all these days?” Yuju ask carefully.

“Of--of course I eat. How come I didn't fill my precious stomach” Yerin answer with a little smile but it didn't convince Yuju at all.

“What did you ate then? Don't tell me you ate ramyeon for three days already?”

“I--i didn't, you know--i just--yeah it's just the only thing I can afford right now. But hey, if I didn't ate that, I will never know ramyeon is taste that good”

Yerin try to sound positive but Yuju who heard that doesn't feel good at all.

“How about your sleep? Where do you stay right now?” Listening to that question make Yerin silence.

And Yuju isn’t that slow for not understanding what is happen to her, but there’s no way this precious woman in front of her sleep nowhere. Even if her apartment being taken away right now, Yerin must’ve her friend to be with her. In this situation.

Or not.

“I’m a grown up woman now, I can take care of myself. I can just sleep anywhere I can—“

“No, I’m not gonna let you do that. How about your friend? Maybe some of your frie—“

“Don’t talk about friend Yuju. I don’t have any”

Silence.

Yuju cannot brain anymore after heard Yerin’s statement. From what she know and remember, Jung Yerin is the infamous person in town. How come she don’t have any friend at all. She don’t want to believe it. It’s make no sense at all. While she lost in her own thought, Yerin already being steps away from her and even before she can do anything, Yerin already passed out, flopped weakly on the ground.

..........

 

For the meantime, Yuju’s family let Yerin stay with them. Yuju just can’t let Yerin being alone just like that. Knowing Yerin being in a worst situation, she just want to stay by her side. But at the same time, she felt sorry. She felt sorry for everything. For Yerin.

“If you don’t have anyone then let me be the first one”

“Tch, no one willing to be my friend. Late or soon, you might want to take back those words”

“I am Choi Yuju, I promise I will never take that words back. Here, starting from today. Choi Yuju is your one and only bestfriend”

And just like a healing words to her she is smiling for a whole day. She don’t want to expect anything but she just hope that Yuju will always be her friend, even after knowing her true color..

.

.

.

.

 

For some reason, she don’t want to go to work that day. She just want to hide inside her apartment and want to disappear.

What if Eunbi heard her brother’s words days ago? She don’t have a good feeling about it. She scared that Eunbi listened everything and refuse to talk to her. Right after Eunbi left her place, not even once Eunbi contact her. She tried to message the girl and even called her few times, but failed. Eunbi can’t be contacted. And it’s scare her even more to think that Eunbi may keep her distance after knowing her personal feeling. 

She take a look around her department. Seems only Eunha already arrive but the small girl can’t be seen, maybe going to take her breakfast at the café. Eunbi’s place also seems vacant, no sign that the leader of her has arrive. 

 

“Morning!~” 

 

A little yelp can be heard from after someone give her surprise greet. Yewon want to get mad but then after see the person who did that, she stunned for a second and a little smile can be seen on her face. It’s Eunbi who did that. Someone that she missed for few days. 

“Eun—you surprise me. Good morning too”

“That’s my intention. You are blocking my way though. Why are you standing in the middle and stare at my place? Miss me?”

Eunbi tease, a little smirk can be shown. Yewon who heard that stunned again. Did she heard it correctly? Her mind is still blank because she didn’t expect to see Eunbi being arrive that early in the office. 

“What ? Am I seeing thing this early morning? What in the world is happening? Hwang Sinb is early today!!?” Sowon who also just arrive from the main door, stated. Unbelievable, while make her way to to her place, looking all over the office room. 

"Well--it's just nothing" 

Yewon still froze at her current place. Still dazed seeing Eunbi in the early morning. It's really unusual ual for her and she bet it's unusual for both Eunha and Sowon too. 

 

 

Sinb definitely look different that morning. That kind of smile is rarely seen for three of them but all of them just keep it quite. Of course it's shocking them, seeing Sinb being happy and cheerfully than usual.

Even at their sudden meeting, Sinb still look positive and cheerful and not like her other self before. Sinb present everything when her good mood, even though Mrs Choi ask for the presentation at the very last minutes.

 

"I think she's on her period" Eunha whisper to her girlfriend. They are currently getting ready to take their lunch. They have be thinking much that it should be the day where Sinb would join them for lunch again.

"I don't think so. Maybe she just have an extremely good mood today" Sojung whisper back.

"I thought i could never see that kind of smile plastered on her face again. Yeah, you know after she and--"

"Don't say that name. I'm allergic to it" Eunha words being cut by her own girlfriend.

"I mean--"

 

"Ahemm, i can hear both of you. Stop whispering, it makes want to get mad" Sinb raised her voice, signaling that she can hear their words that talking about her.

"We-We didn't, we just--do you want to join lunch today?" Eunha ask with a little hope showed on her face.

"Yall know my answer"

Hearing their leader answer make Sowon just shrugged her shoulder and both of them stand up, getting ready to go out for lunch. Leaving Sinb alone in the office..

.

.

.

Yewon come closer to the couple who currently taking their lunch at their usual cafe, after meeting with her brother who have an urgent thing to talk about.

"Eunbi, she didn't take her lunch?" Her first words as she take her sit in front of them.

"It's Hwang Sinb, Why you ask an obvious question?"

"Ohh"

"But Yewon-ah, do you know anything what is happen to her? She's being unusual for us. Did you know something?" Sojung ask.

"I--i have no idea"

"Heish, how come. I realise that you has been quite since this morning. I barely heard your voice for this half day. Did something is actually happen between both of you?, why Sinb being cheerful like that?

Yewon lost words. She don't know how to answer them since she also have no idea what is actually happen. Inside her mind only thinking about how Eunbi left her place abruptly and can't be reached for days.

" I Don't know either. I can't reach her"

The couple gies silent for a while, looking like they try to remember something that has been forgotten.

"Ahh! Yennie!" Eunha say out loud clapping both of her hand.

As much as Sowon want to deny it, her hunch agree to Eunha. There must be something to do with their old Co Worker.

"Just like what i said, Sinb never being this cheerful after she broke up with her. And now-Oh my--I don't want to say anything coz I'm afraid it will actually happen" Eunha say again. Shock.

Silence.

Yewon has been dying wanting to know who is the person that name Yennie to name. She felt like, the name sounds familiar yet strange. But she shrugged that feeling and gather her courage to ask the couple about the mysterious name, Yennie.

"That bitc--"

"Stop it, i don't want Sinb heard us. By the way, is she never tell you about her past love?"

"She did but, not details"Yewon reply shortly.

"Because what Yennie did at the past hurt her badly. I'm sure she don't want to remember that betrayed feeling again"

"What is actually happen?"

Yewon ask again, but the couple seems refuse to answer that question, for the sake of their best friend privacy. Yewon immediately understand and stop herself from asking anymore.

"By the way, do you have any feeling towards her?"

"Me--?"

"Yeah, it can't be Sojung right?" Eunha say sarcastically leave Sojung chuckle slowly

"I--I no! Why would i?" Yewon try to deny it but Eunha and Sojung didn't bought it,and when Eunha want to ask again, Yewon excuse herself because she can feel her cheek turning red.

 

 

…………

 

Yewon come back to their office early. She just want to run from Eunha and Sojung's questions because she know she can't answer it. There's no way she gonna tell the couple about her true feelings, she isn't even sure about her own feeling.

While thinking about Eunbi, her eyes as usual landed on the mirror in front of her. Eunbi seat is vacant, she has no idea where does Eunbi goes but what makes her curious is the drawer that always has been mysterious for her is opened widely.

Her wild mind telling her to go to the drawer and look what inside of it but little part of her, wanting to ignore it. She just don't want to get caught by anyone or more worse, Eunbi.

But, being a human being, of course her curiosity is more than anything. She don't remember why she end up standing infront of the drawer and take few things inside of it. One by one. Three stuffed animals and beautiful necklace caught her eyes.

'Beautiful'

After few seconds admiring the beautiful necklace, Yewon's eyes caught at the yellow thing under the empty box. She take it out and open it, turns out that she believe Eunbi's photo album.

One page.

Without even realise the time is tickling, Yewon smile. Her sincerely smile is clearly shown on her face as her eyes staring at Eunbi's picture on the album. The picture shown Eunbi, Sojung and Eunha smiling wildly playing ice skating together.

She turn to the second page.  

It's the trio picture again together, hanging out in the cafe. Yewon even have a little thought that, whoever took the picture is definitely professional. Because the picture turn out really good.

The next page, shocking her the most. She  was hoping she could dissappear by that time forever. It's Eunbi's picture kissing and hugging with someone that she clearly recognised. Her heartbeat seems stop from beating, her hands is trembling. Her tears almost fall from her eyes. She couldn't do anything. She's froze right on her spot after heard Eunbi's voice filling the office.

"What are you doing?!"

"Eun--Eunbi--I--I?" Yewon lost words. Eunbi come closer to her and take the album harshly from her hand.

"Get out now! Right now!"

“It's--Is it--Yerin?” Despite of everything, Yewon still want to ask, hoping that she just seeing things inside the album but there's no way it will happen. Yewon know exactly how Yerin look alike, there's no way she didn't recognised Jung Yerin.

It's none of your business! I want you to get out now! Right now!”

“Eunbi--I'm sorry I--”

 

Her words stop after their office door widely and see Sojung and Eunha coming inside. Their face is clearly shock, analysing the scene in front of them.

“What happened?” Eunha slowly ask.

“Yah Kim Sojung, take a good care of this person!Don't just let her rummaging into someone's privacy! I don't want to see her face here! Tell her to get out now! “

Eunbi say, sound  pissed.

“I--I'm sorry--” Yewon apologize with her tears streaming on her face before going out from tge room, running away with full of guilty yet embarrassment to her own self.

.

.

 

 

HiiiHiiiii~~~~~~ii I'm sorry for taking a long time to update new chapter. I promise i will keep updating this story. Please wait for me🙏🙏🙏