COMFORT

LOOK AT ME

 

 

0330AM – 7 missed calls from Yewon.

 

 

Eunha stand patiently in front of the bed where occupied by Sinb since last night. With Sinb’s condition last night, she decide to just let her childhood friend stay at her apartment inside her guest room.

“Sinb wake up” Eunha try again hoping that her she didn’t lose her patience waking Sinb up. It’s her third time trying to wake the girl up but she get no response and get to listen to Sinb’s little snore instead.

Few minutes after that, Sojung come inside the room with a glass of cold water. They didn’t have any choice but to wake Sinb in a harsh way which is hundred percent success. Sinb now wake up immediately, greet by the couple evil laugh.

“What the heck!”

“Hi, good evening Leader Hwang. Are you sober now?”

“Why are you guys doing this?!” Sinb shout. Mad to her friend who still laughing in front of her as she wipe her wet face the blanket.

“Stop laughing can you?! You guys make me headache!”

“We have to do this, Eunha even thought you were dead you know? And I can’t stand if my baby is panicked. It’s almost 3pm and yet you haven’t wake up, we are worry” Sinb didn’t have any words to reply back. She also shocked by the fact that she just wake up that late.

“By the way, we are going out. I’m going to take Eunha to meet my parents today. I’ve prepare brunch for you and also a hangover soup if you want. I’m still amaze how can you drive with that condition last night. You drunk like crazy”

“I—I don’t know”

“We need to go now. It’s late already. Don’t skip your meal! You will be dead if I see any leftover inside the kitchen” Sinb just nodded and few second after that the room is silent and force herself to wake up to freshen herself.

 

After take a shower and clean herself, Sinb wandering around the room including the living room looking for her smartphone but after few minutes, she stop looking for it instead Sinb turn on the television and take her brunch happily. Usually Sinb is someone who can’t live without her phone but that evening maybe exceptionally. She just feel comfortable sitting on the couch, watching some movies wearing Eunha’s oversize shirt. Eunha’s place is just like a second home to her so basically Eunha’s things is her’s too.

Recalling how Sojung was feeling jealous by how close she and Eunha back then make Sinb let out a little silly laugh alone.

“Haihh, that jealousy giraffe~”

 

Sinb laugh again but then her laughter stop as she remember something. Eunha and Sojung has been dating for a long time already and even without getting married those bunny and giraffe still happy and in love with each other. She start to feel sorry to Yennie, her dearest ex-girlfriend. If only she didn’t propose Yennie, maybe today she’s not gonna be alone and drinking every single night.

Why would she just realise it today? Yennie must be stressful that time, with her being clingy wanting to get marry with her. It was her fault, forcing Yennie to get married with her without considering Yennie dream and decision that time, how selfish she is. Both of them still young to be in that serious relationship, Sinb feel sorry for just realising it now.

 

“I’m sorry Yennie. I was selfish. I miss you”

 

 

……………………………………….

 

 

It might be her worst morning ever in her lifetime. Usually her morning is start by her waking up peacefully without any scene but this morning, Yewon wake up by throwing up for a few times. She already feel tired by running back and forth to her washroom and her bed. What make it worse is, she feel sick and weak at the same time make her don’t even have any energy to run to the washroom again and again. As a result, Yewon keep falling asleep again and awake after few minutes napping repeatedly.

For the fifth time, Yewon wake up with her body full of sweat, she feel like her head is gonna burst at any moment and Yewon start to let out her tears. She start to regret her decision last night. Why would she go to let herself drunk? She don’t know what’s with her last night. This is why she don’t like alcohol drinks. It will just make people feel sick after drink it.

Yewon feel stupid. She keep blaming herself for drinking alcohol last night. She thought after drinking it will lessen her pain, she thought it will make her anger towards Jiwon disappear but it’s such a big mistake. The drinks is only make her current morning miserable. She don’t even know how she arrive to her apartment last night. Did she drive? She even thought that she’s lucky for not getting in an accident for driving under alcohol influence.  While Yewon blaming herself, she start to dozing off and to falling asleep again.

 

…………………….

 

“Ehh? Why are you still here?” Eunha first word after saw Sinb still sitting comfortably on the couch with her clothes on after left the girl three hours alone in her apartment.

“I’m waiting for you. Do you have my phone with you?”

“Huh? No I don’t have it. I also call you few times today but you didn’t pick it up. Where’s your phone?”

“I don’t know”

“Maybe you left it in your car last night. I remember now that you didn’t bring anything with you last night”

“I guess so. I’m going now—“

“Where do you think you going without telling me what happen yesterday?” Eunha ask, stopping Sinb from getting out.

“Wh—what?! No—nothing—“

“You went to see Yewon isn’t it?”

“I’m—I’m not! I just—“

“Ughh I’ve known you for fourteen years Eunbi. Don’t lie to my face” Eunha cut Sinb’s words and the latter just went to silent, admitting Eunha’s words.

“I’m just tailing her”

“And….?”

“She—she seems to meet someone at some specific restaurant—it’s—it was a guy. Some guy—which—I—I think it’s Yewon’s boyfriend”

“Are you sure? It might be her friend or—or just anyone” Eunha reply wanting to give some positive thinking towards her friend, but Sinb didn’t buy any of it.

“I don’t know. My instinct tell me that the guy—the guys is not just nobody to her—I don’t—I don’t know what’s with me” Sinb answer, there’s a sad tone inside it. Eunha didn’t say anything after that, after all what is in her thought for all those time was true. Sinb is definitely attached to the girl without knowing it herself.

“I—I’m going now. Please don’t tell Yewon that I’m tailing her yesterday. She might feel upset when heard it”

“Don’t worry, I won’t. Drive safely Eunbi ah”

Sinb then get out from the apartment after bidding farewell with Eunha. She feel a little bit relief because her friend understand her and there’s no way she will tell anyone like that if it’s not Eunha. Eunha and Sojung is the only friend that she can rely on and no one else.

 

 

‘Now where’s my phone?’ The first thing that she thought right after getting inside her car. She is looking at every corner in her car and only found the gadget under the driver seat.

‘How did you even end up here?’ She ask as if the phone can understand her.

She check her phone inbox and missed calls scare that there might be an emergency from anyone but then it’s all about related to her work. Her eyes then caught at the bottom of the list of missed calls as a frown on her face.

 

0330am:  7 missed calls from Yewon.

 

Knowing that Yewon isn’t someone who will call without left any message make Sinb frown even more. What makes it weird is the history missed call is 3 in the morning. There’s no way Yewon will call her 3 in the morning just because of something that unnecessary.

‘There must be something important’ Sinb then start her car and drive to Yewon’s place. She’s afraid that something is happen to the latter. If something happen to Yewon, she might feel worst, she will definitely blame herself if something bad happen to her. Her worry increase when Yewon phone can’t be contacted, she want to see Yewon. She need to see her even though how upset she is towards her.

 

 

“Hello, Sinb why—“

“Eunha yah, did Yewon ever call you? Last night or today?”

“Yewon?—umm no. She didn’t text me nor call me recently, why?”

“Nothing”

Sinb reply shortly and hang up the calls. She is getting worry. Again for the day, she’s blaming herself. She mad at herself for leaving her phone inside her car, she upset to herself for getting drunk last night. She will never want to forgive herself if something ever happen to Yewon.

 

“Damn! Why I can’t remember it?!” She shout as her hand hit the steering hard. She has arrive at Yewon’s place but she can’t remember the house number. She never come inside to Yewon’s place except for the day Yewon fetch her from the club at the other day. After few minutes thinking hard, Sinb get off from her car and run towards the emergency stairs. As she remember, Yewon’s apartment only located at 6th floor so she don’t really mind to use stairs.

“Ouch my shoulder—I’m—I’m sorry”

“Next time use your eyes! Haishh~ this woman!” The guy that she accidently bumping on is shout at her, didn’t even care about her eyes that almost letting out some tears.

“I—I’m sorry” Sinb apologize once again and finish the last stairs as she already arrive at the 6th floor. She slowly massaging her left shoulder with a pain on her face.

“It—it’s hurt. Ahh~~ this might dislocate again!”

 

0603.

 

‘Ahh~ right .0603. Why I just remember this now! Our unit number is same’ Sinb monologue to herself as she tried to ring the bell. In just a few second, the door is open and she is greet by—

 

“I told you to go away!” Yewon completely froze at her place after seeing Eunbi that currently stand in front of her apartment. Both face are completely shock and no one is dare to start any words for few second.

“Yewon are you—are you ok?”

“I—I’m—sorry I—“Yewon try to close the door but Eunbi is faster by blocking the door using her left hand.

“Wait Yewon—you are not okay—why are you crying?!”  Eunbi ask sternly while her left hand still blocking the door. For a moment, she’s forget that she just dislocate her shoulder just now.

“I’m—“

“Let me in! I’m not going anywhere you didn’t let me in!”

After few minutes struggling, Eunbi is somehow success getting inside Yewon’s apartment.

“See? I told you I will win that one” Eunbi rejoice and a big smile is plastered all over her face but then stop after Yewon letting out a tears in front of her.

“Why would you—why would you do that?—you should—you should just left—you shouldn’t be here~why are you—why are you coming here?”  Yewon start crying, hitting Eunbi softly that standing in front of her.

“I—I’m—I’m sorry” Eunbi apologize.

“Why are you apologize?!—It’s—it’s not—you didn’t do anything wrong~~”

“I’m just feeling sorry”

Eunbi say. And it’s the truth. She is feeling sorry towards Yewon. She is feeling sorry for everything. She know it well and she is sure that no one would like to be seen in that kind of state. Even her. She will totally hate it.

Yewon shaking her head, disagree with Eunbi’s statement. For Yewon, Eunbi didn’t do anything wrong, the woman is just happen to be there when everything was just happen. Jiwon is come to her place few minutes earlier before Eunbi. It’s her fault because she can’t be strong after meeting him. She always end up crying after met the guy that once filling her whole heart. She hate him for making her always feel like that.

“Shh, please stop crying—you don’t deserve this tears” Eunbi try to make Yewon stop. Her heart somehow feel hurt even more after heard Yewon sobbing painfully. She just want Yewon to stop crying

“I—i—just—I’m—“Yewon’s words stop after Eunbi take her hand and put it on her chest.

“Hurt—here—I don’t know how to say this—but here—it—it’s hurt Yewon. It’s just hurt seeing you crying like this”

“I—Eunbi—i—“Her words get cut once again when Eunbi take her closer and secure her with a hug. She is confuse yet she start to cry again from Eunbi kindness. She tighten the hug, crying on Eunbi chest even more.Eunbi on the other hand caressing Yewon’s back, hoping that she will get some comfort from it.

 

Eunbi don't know what is she doing, but she just want to help Yewon. She don't want Yewon to feel sad. Her chest is having a pain inside when she see Yewon's crying face just now.

 

……………………………………………………………

 

“What is happening at the solar system over there for me to see my precious baby Yewon here?”

“I want to be drunk tonight Yuna unnie”

“Oh my god! What is really happen outside there? Is the sun has decide to not shine for the world anymore?!”

“Unnie~”

“What happen Yewon? You never come here since the first day this club were launched, why would you suddenly come and want what? Get drunk?? Something wrong is definitely happen”

“Give me the drink. Any drink” The bartender name Yuna then stop asking and went to prepare the drink for her ‘special customer’ that night.

“What’s this?”

“Uhmm Coke?”

“Unnie~! I told you I want to get drunk!”

“But your brother will be mad at me!”

“The main reason why I come to this club to get drunk because I know you are here. I know you can take care of me. Fine if you don’t want to give me any, I’m going to the other clu—“

“No! Wait! I’ll give to you. Don’t go anywhere okay?” The bartender then left again to get some alcohol drink to Yewon. Knowing Yewon is someone who don’t like alcohol make Yuna hesitate again. But she know that something must’ve happen to the younger girl, Yewon will not gonna simply take that alcoholic drinks without any big reason.

“Here, don’t force yourself too much to drink this okay? Just stop it if you want. Unnie is going to the counter” Yuna then left to continue her work as bartender.

 

Yewon then left alone inside the VIP room. Even though she didn’t familiar with the drinks, she is forcing herself to drink it. She want to forget everything. She hate herself. She hate herself for fall to Choi Jiwon back then. And she hate herself even more for always being weak after meeting him. She want to move on, she want to forget him.

 

“Yewon you should go back home now” Yuna say to the drunk young girl but get refuse.

“You should stop now! You drank a lot already!”

“Just a little bit unnie~~” Yuna sigh and let the girl do her own thing again. She just watch Yewon dialing something with her phone after drank another drink.

“Why she didn’t pick up my calls?!!” Yewon throw her smartphone away from her.

Yuna who has been watching the girl’s behavior since the start know that she is having a big confusion nowadays.

“Yewon-ah who broke your heart?”

“Jiwon. That brat~~I hate him~”

“You still love him?” Yuna ask. She know, even though Yewon is already drunk, the girl will answer her question honesty  and not like some other people who just mumbling something while being drunk.

“I—I loved him~~but I don’t want him anymore~~I hate him unnie~ He keep cheating on~~me!”

“He’s a bastard. He don’t deserve someone like you, you better off without him”

“I’m ~~ trying~~but my heart don’t want to listen to me~ I want to throw my heart~~unnie—my phone—where’s my phone?~ I need to call her~”

Yuna frown as her hand trying to reach the smartphone that being thrown but Yewon just now and handed the gadget to Yewon again.

“Why she didn’t answer me?~~~~whyyy??~ Where is she when I need her?!!~~”

“Who is she?” Yuna ask but get ignored. Yewon just keep dialing and wailing for a few times before passed out in front of Yuna.

 

“You are still young Yewon. Don’t waste time with someone who didn’t appreciate you. Unnie’s heart hurt seeing you like this. I hope you can forget that bastard who broke your heart”

Yuna said as she take Yewon up and drive the younger girl to her apartment. Thankfully, Changsub, Yewon’s brother has told her Yewon’s address before, so she don’t have to worry about accompany Yewon whenever the girl need it.

 

 

 

 

happy weekend everyone.. i hope yall enjoy with this new update.. 

thank you for reading and im sorry for any lacking