Chapter 18 - Who Will Make Him Understand?

Coke

We got out of the van and I stretched out my hands.

"Kris Hyung, you gotta buy me ice cream." Tao said.

I frowned, "Why?"

"You forgot already? We made a bet that if you slept the whole way, you would buy me ice cream."

"We did?"

"Yes and you slept!" He pointed his index at me. "Now you have to buy me ice cream!"

"Yeah yeah," I pushed down his finger and clicked my tongue.

The six of us waited for EXO K van and for Manager Hyung. However, our stylists called us inside the buildings to start with our make up.

My make up and hair was done first. So I grabbed my phone and got out of the building to get some fresh LA air. I usually don't like humid places, but LA's air is different. I like it here.

I put on my headphones and startes to practice my rap parts, when I noticed that EXO K van had finally arrived. I paused the music.

They parked the car at a distance and one by one, they got out. First Suho, then Sehun, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and then finally Baekhyun and Kai.

"Oh!" Luhan exclaimed and I flinched at his sudden appearance. "They are here."

Suho and the rest went inside the building, but I noticed that Baekhyun and Kai were still near the van.

"What are they doing?" I asked myself.

"I think he's going to tell now…" Luhan mumbled.

"Tell what?" I asked.

"Right…You don't know, do you?"

"Know what?" Chen popped out of nowhere and asked impassively. He was done with his hair and make up too.

"Wah…LA is something, isn't it?" Xiumin said while sipping on his iced coffee. "Why are they both not coming?"

Luhan sighed.

"Luhan, what is it? You're making me curious." I said.

"It's just that…"

And Luhan narrated some ty complicated story. Tao also came out at random and listened to it all as quietly as a child when his mother tells him a bed time story.

"And since then, he is trying to tell Kai about it but he is not able to…" Luhan finished.

We wordlessly stared at Baekhyun and Kai. Baek said something to Kai keeping his expression as serious as he could. Kai listened, but he said something, his face was irritated; maybe even angry.

Baekhyun stared for a few minutes before bursting into a laugh. Kai frowned confusedly, but laughed as well. He then punched Baek's shoulders and finally walked toward the building. Baekhyun suddenly stopped laughing and breathed heavily. He followed Kai's footsteps.

"Baekhyun Hyung is really funny these days." Kai snorted and went inside the building. Baekhyun stopped in front of us.

"So?" Luhan asked, eyes widening eagerly.

"I told him…"

"And?" Xiumin asked.

"I'm pretty sure he thought of it as a joke…" Chen guessed.

"Wait, how do you guys-- Luhan Hyung, you told them too, didn't you?" Baek sighed.

"Well they asked me so I couldn't help it."

"Baekhyun, don't change the topic. What did Kai say?" I asked seriously because seriously, this was something that none of us can turn a blind eye to.

"Well…I did tell him the facts and stuff…but when he suddenly glared at me…" Baekhyun shivered. "I could only say that it was all a joke…"

Luhan smacked his face disappointedly.

"This ." Tao uttered.

"What do I do guys?!" Baekhyun whined.

"You should've just let him glared at you." Chen said.

"Yeah right, easy for you to say," Baekhyun said. "Why don't you come into my shoes and feel what I'm feeling? Why don't you try and look at Kai when he's all furious?"

"Nope, thank you." Chen said and immediately walked inside the bhilding.

Baekhyun rubbed his forehead. "Excuse me now, I have to cover my depression with some make up." He said and sluggishly walked inside.

"We should help that poor kid." Xiumin said.

"He bought it upon himself." Luhan said.

"But it was all a misunderstanding, right?" I asked.

"Yeah…"

"Then maybe we can try and explain this matter to Kai."

"Baekhyun Hyung's a scaredy cat." Tao stated.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Lay suddenly asked and I flinched again upon his sudden appearance.

"Okay, Luhan, the story-teller, you're up." I said and walked back inside the building where the other members were.

 

**********************************************************************************************

We were given a fifteen minute break. Me and the other members were seated on chairs. I glanced at Kai and he was playing on his phone.

I then glanced at Luhan who was beside me. He took out his phone as well, went to Kakao Talk and began typing something.

"Who are you messaging?" I asked.

"Kai."

"What?"

"I'm telling him everything. Someone has to."

He typed the message and click sent. We looked at Kai and waited for his reaction. Five seconds passed. Thirty seconds passed. A minute passed yet there was no reaction from him.

"That's strange…" Luhan muttered. "Didn't he read my message?"

"Show it to me." I said and he showed me the screen. The.mesaage did go through, but unfortunately, the message wasn't sent.

"Don't you have Wifi or data?" I asked.

Realization struck Luhan like a lightninf bolt and he quickly called out to Manager Hyung.

Hyung came running to Luhan thinking that perhaps something had happened. "What is it?! Did you get hurt somewhere? Did Kris say anything to you?"

I looked at Hyung with the "What did I do wrong?"expression, but he ignored me.

"No Hyung, nothing like that. Do you have data?"

"Eh? No, why?"

"You don't? Ah forget it…" Luhan clicked his tongue annoyedly.

"First you call me, then you get annoyed at me, what's your problem? Can't you guys give me some peae for a second!"

"Hyung, if you're done shouting, can you get me some coffee?!" Lay yelled from afar.

Manager Hyung breathed heavily, locked his anger inside himself and shouted back, "In a minute!" before walking past us.

"Let me handle this." Eventually, I got up, rolled up my sleeves and approached Kai. "Kai."

He caught a glance and continued playing again. "What is it, Hyung?"

"I need to talk to you."

"About? I'm in the middle of killing this dragon--"

I snatched the phone from his hand and threw it behind me. I thought Kai would jump and run to get it, instead he just looked at me in shock.

"I want to talk to you." I repeated.

"What is it?" He asked.

I looked around and saw the other members staring at me. I also noticed Kyungsoo picking up the phone and checking if it was working alright or not. He then called out loudly, "Manager Hyung! Your phone is broken!"

"Privately…" I grabbed his hand and dragged him a few steps away from the crowd.

"Uh…you know they could still listen." Kai said but I ignored him.

"Listen Kai, there's been a misunderstanding with Ari's mom and whatever Baekhyun told you is not a joke but the truth. Ari's mom has confused you with Baekhyun and to make matters worse, Baekhyun and Ari are now getting married in a month, so if you don't go and settle this, its going to be one helluva problem which is not my problem but as your brother from another mother, I'm suggesting you that you and Baekhyun better set this right before you mess up Ari's life." I ceased and stared.

Kai stared back. His face told me that none of what I told him just now made any sense and he was trying hard to register it all in his mind.

Suddenly though, he began to laugh. I furrowed my brows puzzlingly. "Why are you laughing?"

"You guys are.seriously planning on something aren't you? But unfortunately Hyung, I know your plans now..You can't make me cry and I won't fall for any of your traps again." He pointed his finger at me and the rest of the members.

Sehun tilted his head. The others sighed heavily.

I patted Kai's shoulders, shook my head, turned around and walked away.

No one can make him understand this simple matter…

Right then, Suho passed me by. However, I stopped him, placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "I leave it all up to you, Suho. Its in your hands now." And I continued walking.

"Of course its in my hands now, Kris. I'm the leader of EXO. That's what I do!" Suho said, obviously oblivious to the matter at hand. "And Kris!"

I looked back at him. "Why are you crying?"

"Huh? Me and crying?" I wiped the tears that fell in a perfect line. "I'm not crying? What is crying anyways?"