A New Friend [CS]

Torn Between Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

    Another day of managing the “supposedly” path of my life: College.

    I am currently taking the bus today since my college is just a few miles away. It’s actually tiring for me already since I woke up really early just to pass some requirements so I could get a better schedule. Also, I didn’t get to borrow my sister’s car today since she has some important work stuff to attend to. So, yeah, this is me making an effort to manage my life.

    Tiffany, on the other hand, texted me earlier, saying that she’s already on the way to the city to check her soon-to-be dorm and see if she has a roommate already. Now, I feel sad once again. The idea of her being far away from me is just really new. We used to hang out all the time— we’ve been classmates from middle school to high school. It’s really going to be different now. 

    I took out my phone and decided to text Tiffany.

 

    To: Fany-Fany 💕

    Hey, Fany. What’s up?

 

    I patiently waited for a reply. As I sat down and stared out the window, I felt someone take the empty seat beside me. I averted my attention back to my phone when it beeped.

 

    From: Fany-Fany 💕

    Still here in the car. I’m with my Dad and he’s been complaining about the traffic we went through earlier. It’s a really looong travel. 😭

 

    To: Fany-Fany 💕

    Oh, that’s awful. I hope you’re doing fine. Have you eaten anything?

 

    I feel sorry about Tiffany, but at the same time, proud about her having to face the city all by herself soon. She’s finally an adult, I believe she can manage herself there.

    I waited for a reply once again and decided to open a snack. From my peripheral view, I finally noticed that the person beside me is a woman, seeing that she’s crossing her legs and wearing a pair of wedges. Then, I remembered when I teased Tiffany wearing the same shoes before and she said, “Wedges are life. They have the power to make me tall!”

    So I assume she’s just as short as Tiffany. I’m such a meanie.

    My phone finally beeped.

 

    From: Fany-Fany 💕

    I did. You?

 

    To: Fany-Fany 💕

    Currently having my breakfast.

 

    I took a bite of my snack and being the kind person I am, I thought of offering some to the lady beside me. Turning to my side, I noticed that she has a wavy, blonde hair. She wore a pair of khaki pants and a white, floral, button-up blouse, and had her bangs side-swept and the other side of her hair tucked behind her ear. I would say, she’s fashionable. And she doesn’t look like a full-blooded Korean— just like Tiffany. She doesn’t look like someone who takes the bus, as well. In fact, she looks more like a celebrity.

    She’s wearing earphones so I pushed my snack forward, mouthing a, “Do you wanna have some?”

    She stared at me for a while. Something about her stare made me feel awkward, which I don’t normally feel when I interact with strangers. Maybe it’s because of how her eyes could stab icicles? 

    She finally smiled and shook her head, rejecting my offer. But something about her smile was off, like it’s forced or something. Hmm, maybe she doesn’t interact with strangers a lot.

    Oh, well.

    Another beep.

 

    From: Fany-Fany 💕

    Let me guess. You’re eating those animal-shaped biscuits again, are you?

 

    Here we go again with Mommy Fany.

 

    To: Fany-Fany 💕

    Yes?? 😨

 

    She replied immediately. Woah.

 

    From: Fany-Fany 💕

    I told you to stop eating those for breakfast! Go and eat a meal later, arasseo? 😤

 

    To: Fany-Fany 💕

    Alright~ I’m getting dizzy. Talk to you later. Take care! 

 

    I hid my phone in my bag as I sat and stared out the window again. I finished my kiddo snack, as what Tiffany always called, and leaned my head on the window. 

    Seeing that I finally reached my destination, I was about to stand up when the lady beside me beat me to it, immediately walking all the way out. I followed eventually.

    I stretched my arms the moment I got down the bus. I saw the lady earlier and she started walking away, the same direction that I’m supposed to go. So I just followed suit, although, not intentionally. I’m just going the same direction, okay?

    As I walk, I just kept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter