Don't Replace Me [TH]

Torn Between Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany Hwang’s POV

 

 

    From: Prince Choi 💍

    Sorry about what happened earlier. The signal was cut off when I rode the elevator. Anyway, her name is Jessica Jung. I’ll call you again after we eat lunch. Later, Fany-ah! 😘

 

    My blood boiled the moment I read the name. 

    The name that I’ve always loathed.

    Jessica Jung…

    Of all people you’re going to be close with, why is it my Sooyoung?

    Yes, my Sooyoung. 

    Mine and mine only.

    I don’t care what they say. 

    Yes, we’re best friends. I’ve always been attached to her and I already kind of put an authority over her so it’s more than that for me. Maybe she doesn’t know it yet but soon, she will. I’m just waiting for her to make a move, okay? I’m the princess here, duh.

    I furiously texted her back, telling her to meet me later once I get home from the city.

    Ugh, I’m so not okay about this!

    “Dad,” I called, making my Dad look up at me from the newspaper he’s been reading since we got inside the dormitory. 

    “Yeah?”

    We’re currently seated at the lobby. We just finished looking around and decided to rest there after a long travel.

    “Let’s go home,” I said sternly as I stomped my feet and made my way out of the dormitory. My Dad followed me from behind, throwing the newspaper back from where he got it.

    “Already?” He said in surprise. “Let’s eat first!” He pleaded, catching up to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

    “I wanna go home now…”

    “Fany-ah,” my Dad stopped walking as he spun me around and made me face him. “Why are you mad, is it the dormitory? We could look for another—“

    I sighed in frustration as I hugged my Dad. “No, it’s fine, Dad. I’m sorry for acting up.”

    He just looked at me, as if waiting for some more explanation.

    “Something came up,” I blurted, looking at my feet.

    “Is it Sooyoung?”

    My Dad knew how attached I am to Sooyoung and knowing his daughter more than anyone else, I can’t really deny since he’s gonna find out about it anyway. I just nodded and pouted.

    “Awe, my adorable Miyoung,” he said, pinching my cheeks. I pouted more, hearing my name. Seriously, I don’t like being called that!

    Maybe Sooyoung’s an exception.

    “Dad!”

    He just laughed and finally let go of my cheeks. “Alright, I’m sorry.”

    “Hmp.”

    “Don’t worry now, Fany-ah,” he started as he wrapped his arms around me again and we continued walking out the building. “Sooyoung’s a good girl. I’m sure your friend won’t do anything bad to you… or did she?”

    “No, Dad,” I answered. We finally reached our car as my Dad opened the door for me and I got in. Once we got inside, I continued, “I just realized I don’t want to be far from Sooyoung…”

    My Dad looked at me and just shook his head, smiling. “Don’t be like that now. You should trust Sooyoung!”

    “But…” I sighed and started fidgeting. “Sooyoung got a new friend. She’s going to replace me…”

    “Stop overthinking, Fany-ah,” he said and held my hand. “You know what?”

    “What?”

    “We should go and eat somewhere first,” he said, just in time as his stomach growled. “See? This monster needs to be fed!” We laughed together.

    “Alright, Dad,” I said and eye-smiled.

    “We could talk about it more later, okay?” He said and patted my cheeks. “Smile more, Tiffany. You look just like your mother, I don’t wanna see you sad.”

    I nodded as he started the engine, driving away to look for a restaurant. 

    I’m thankful for my Dad. Ever since we lost Mom when I was still young, he’s been doing a great job as a father and mother to us.

 

—-

 

    After hours of traveling, we finally reached home. I told my Dad everything earlier as we went to eat at an Italian restaurant. He wanted carbonara and kept nagging me about it. My Dad is a kid sometimes.

    “Thank you for today, Dad,” I said as I pecked his cheek.

    "No problem," he smiled at me before he went inside his room as I went inside mine.

    Ahh, I’m so tired. I’m just gonna take a shower first before I meet Sooyoung.

    

    To: Prince Choi 💍

    Just get inside later, okay? I already told Dad you’re coming over. I’m just gonna freshen up. See you!

 

    —-

 

    After taking a shower, I got out and wore a pair of shorts and tank top. When I went out my room and peeked downstairs, since our house only have 2 floors and an overview of the living room, I saw Sooyoung already there and chatting with my Dad. 

    “Soo!” I immediately went down the stairs as Sooyoung stood up from her seat and greeted me with a hug. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter