Do You Like Her? [JJ]

Torn Between Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica Jung’s POV

 

 

    “Woah! The chicken here is really good!”

    I just laughed at Sooyoung, this new friend I made. Can you believe it? Jessica Jung made a friend? And this is our second time eating together since the first semester already started and it was like 2 weeks ago since we first met. I don’t even know why we’re eating together again. She should’ve made friends from her college already but then she texted me and insisted on eating together. Well, I couldn’t really reject her offer since I usually just spend my time alone during lunch break and hello? I got a new friend at the start of classes, that’s quite an achievement for me.

    But anyway, Sooyoung turns out to be a big eater. For someone who has a slim figure, she eats a lot. Where does she even store all that food?

    “Why aren’t you eating?” Sooyoung tilted her head to the side as she munched on her chicken. She acts like a child sometimes but I still find her amusing.

    “I am,” I said as I scooped in my food and ate it. She just nodded her head and continued devouring her food. 

    I don’t really eat a lot— I’m a slow eater, to be exact. Not really having the appetite, I just kept stabbing my food with the fork. 

    Noticing my action, Sooyoung put down her utensils and looked at me. 

    “Why are you doing that to the poor chicken?” She said to me and whether it’s my imagination or not, I could practically see tears form in the corner of her eyes. I immediately stop what I’m doing. 

    “Are you alright?” I asked in concern.

    Sooyoung sighed and pointed at my food. I just looked at it and then back to Sooyoung and raised my eyebrows in confusion. 

    “What?”

    “Please eat your chicken,” she whined, which got me surprised. “If you don’t, I’ll eat it!”

    I could only stare at her before I burst out laughing. Sooyoung’s eyes widened.

    “Woah! This is the first time I see you laugh!”

    I stopped laughing and forked my chicken as I lifted it up and then passed it on her plate. Her eyes sparkled the moment I put the food down.

    “Chicken!” She exclaimed as she looked at me. “You’re giving me your chicken?”

    “Yes, Sooyoung,” I said, giggling. “I’m already full. You can have it if you really care about the chicken so much.”

    “I don’t think you even took a bite from it,” she said in wonder as she inspected the chicken. She’s weird but she’s really adorable.

    “You can have it,” I waved my hand, telling her that it’s really alright. “Anyway, how’s college treating you so far?”

    “Hmm, good.”

    “Did you have any friends?” I asked. Can you believe it? Jessica Jung is making the conversation! This girl must be special.

    “I met someone named Taeyeon,” Sooyoung said, her voice muffled because of biting a large part of the chicken which I could only chuckle at the sight. “She’s a voice major, I think?”

    “Why didn’t you eat lunch with her instead?” I finally asked, stuttering a bit because… I don’t know. I’m just really not used to this new type of friendship.

    “Well, I’d want to see you more because you’re my first friend here!”

    I could only blush at the statement. Ah! Jessica Jung? Blushing?

    “I see Taeyeon all the time so, yeah,” she continued, before she finally finished everything. I could only gasp because of how fast she finished all of it. She’s a shikshin, hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter