twenty eight.

Game of Deception

The last time Sehun woke up next to Jongin, he got abducted by Eros, jumped off a treehouse, got shot by an arrow and ended up having his memories manipulated. Now upon waking up on Jongin’s bed in the son of Ares’ cabin, he hopes things won’t be too eventful for once. 

 

Jongin stirs and opens his eyes. The son of Ares gives him a smile upon seeing Sehun on bed with him. “Morning,” he drawls.

 

“This doesn’t happen often, does it?” Sehun asks.

 

“Well this is only the second time, the first time was on the night I had to send you off to the Underworld.” Jongin replies. “The time in the cabin doesn’t count.” 

 

Sehun turns so that he’s lying flat on his back. “What about that time I got roofied? Or when we… you know.” he trails off. 

 

Jongin chuckles at that. “I didn’t wait for you to wake up during those times.” He smiles playfully at Sehun. “I wish I did though, you’re always so flustered and embarrassed.” 

 

“Who wouldn’t be?” Sehun shrugs. “I had to keep a secret from you but now that I think of it, it’s so embarrassing because it was never a secret from the start.” he snorts. 

 

“I knew the truth from the start and yet here I am, so who’s the real winner here?” Jongin laughs.

 

Sehun sits up and stretches. He looks at Jongin and gives him a cheeky grin. “Both of us.” 

 

Jongin fondly looks at him. “Any improvements yet?” 

 

Sehun shakes his head. “None but… I do feel more comfortable and more at ease.” he answers. “I don’t feel so empty anymore.” he honestly says.

 

“That’s still an improvement.” Jongin assures. “Slowly, remember?” 

 

Sehun slowly nods. “Slowly.” 

 

Before Jongin could register it, Sehun suddenly moves to straddle him. Sehun stares him down while the son of Ares blinks at him in confusion. “I want to… try something.” Sehun says. 

 

Jongin gulps. This position is not ideal, especially in the mornings but it’s not like he’s one to decline this. “Sure.” he encourages.


 

Sehun takes one of Jongin’s hands and guides it to his waist. “Touch me,” he whispers. 

 

Jongin is dumbfounded for a moment. “Of course,” he his lips. He slides his palm down Sehun’s waist and the son of Aphrodite leans down to kiss him. Jongin eagerly kissed back and he gives Sehun’s an encouraging squeeze. Well, this is definitely one way to start the morning.

 

But of course that’s all too good to be true because just when Sehun starts against his lips, they’re suddenly startled by a series of knocks on his door. Sehun quickly scrambles off of him while Jongin wants to curse every god and goddess at Olympus. 

 

“This better be important!” Jongin says in annoyance. 

 

“It is important, .” he didn’t expect to hear Baekhyun’s voice. 

 

Jongin stands up and slightly opens the door. “What are you doing here?” he grumpily asks the son of Athena. 

 

“Hermes told me to call you and Sehun to the throne room at Olympus.” Baekhyun says. “They need to see you now.”

 

“Oh Zeus, couldn’t they have waited for at least thirty minutes more?” Jongin grumbles. 

 

Baekhyun smirks. “Hurry up lover boy, you and Sehun should get dressed. I told Donghae to give Irene a heads up so your clothes will be prepared at the cabin.” 

 

Jongin heaves a sigh. “Fine, whatever. Give us a few minutes.” 

 

“Oh and please, don’t have yet. Everyone in the cabin can practically smell Sehun’s pheromones and the last thing you want would be your siblings thirsting over your boyfriend’s .” Baekhyun cheekily says before shutting the door. 

 

Jongin curses and turns towards Sehun. The son of Aphrodite heard everything and he’s blushing furiously at the moment. That was when Jongin remembers something. He picks something from the pocket of the pants he wore the previous day. 

 

“Here, I gave this to you a few days ago.” he shows Sehun the ring and the bracelet. “I’m sure you can’t remember them but they’re restrainers, they’ll help you with your pheromones.” 

 

Sehun looks at Jongin guiltily because he has no recollection of it. Jongin notices so he takes Sehun’s hand and puts the bracelet on him, he then takes his other hand and places the ring on Sehun’s finger too. 

 

“Shall we go?” Jongin asks when the other still doesn’t respond. 

 

“Thank you Jongin.” Sehun smiles at him. “I love it, I’m sure I loved it the first time I got it too.” 

 

“Yep, in fact you gave me a kiss for it.” he grins. 

 

Sehun raises an eyebrow at him. “Really? Then note it down for now because from what I heard, we need to be at Olympus as soon as possible.” he chuckles.

 

Jongin rolls his eyes. “Give me a few minutes, I need to take a shower first.” 

 

“Oh wait, me too.” Sehun calls out. “I mean--I’ll take one after you.” he clarifies. 

 

Jongin snorts. “Whatever you say.” 



 

A few minutes later, the pair left the cabin all freshened up. They both ignore all the stares that they have been receiving because the news about them being called for a meeting with the gods have travelled all over camp already.

 

Sehun alone already gets enough stares on his own but now that he’s with Jongin--not to mention that he’s also dressed in the son of Ares’ clothes and he probably has Jongin’s pheromones all over him too--almost everyone’s attention is on them. 

 

Sehun has learned to deal with it, it’s something unavoidable for him. On the bright side, this shows about his status with Jongin to everyone on camp so hopefully people will stop hitting on him. 

 

Once they arrive at Irene’s cabin, she quickly tells them to dress up. She even fixed their hair and wished them good luck. Sehun apologizes to Shownu for using his charm on him the previous night when they passed by the gates.

 

“It’s alright, it’s an honor to be charmed by a son of Aphrodite.” Shownu laughs if off. 

 

Sehun laughs with him while Jongin gives a pointed look at the other. “That’s the last time.” he drawls.

 

Sehun looks at him in amusement while Shownu stiffens. “Don’t worry about him,” Sehun winks. “We’ll see you later.” With that, he pulls Jongin across the gates. 

 

“You’ve gotten so cheeky.” Jongin complains the moment they arrive. 

 

“That’s just you rubbing off on me.” Sehun teases. 

 

Baekhyun was waiting for them right across the gates. The son of Athena gives them both a look of disapproval. "You surely took your time." he says. 

 

"Well, yeah. The gods would want us to be presentable, right?" Jongin asks. 

 

"Yeah but you made them wait for twenty minutes." Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

 

"They're all dickheads anyway, why are we even being called first thing in the morning?" Jongin scoffs.

 

"Eros made a report." Baekhyun says. 

 

"I did see that coming." Jongin sighs. 

 

"I know the situation is all ed up but assaulting a god? Jongin, you're going to be in so much trouble." Baekhyun groans. "And you too Sehun, you trespassed and stole from him." 

 

"What he did was far worse." Sehun simply says. 

 

"Yeah, and that is exactly why you are being called there to explain your sides too." Baekhyun tells them. "Luckily, someone is standing up for you two." 

 

The couple exchanged glances. "Who?" they ask. 

 

"Your parents." Baekhyun answers.

 

"What exactly did you tell them when you confronted them last night?" Jongin asks. 

 

"I told them the obvious." Sehun shrugs. 

 

"Well whatever it is, it worked so come on. Perhaps everything will finally be over now." Baekhyun gives then a lopsided smile. 



 

Sehun sees Kris waiting outside the massive double doors of the throne room. The son of Hades looks relieved upon seeing the two of them together. 

 

"Hey," Sehun calls. 

 

"Hey,' he greets back. 

 

"I'm sorry for the trouble." Sehun apologizes. "A part of my mind still thinks I'm dating you because there are still some illusions in my head but… I won't pay attention to those thoughts anymore." he explains. 

 

"That's alright Snow White, Prince Charming over here will guide you through everything." Kris teases. 

 

Sehun blushes but he rolls his eyes. "Then I suppose you're grumpy." 

 

Kris snorts. "Yes, I'm also the biggest dwarf you've seen." 

 

"Okay that's cute and all but the Olympians are waiting." Baekhyun reminds them. "Please be on your best behavior." 

 

Baekhyun opens the doors and the four of them enter. The indistinct chattering from the gods stop and all eyes were suddenly on them. Baekhyun and Kris step aside while the two of them walked up towards the middle before bowing to all of them. 

 

"You may rise," Zeus orders. 

 

Sehun looks around as he gets up. It's a familiar scene for him but the difference is that the gods and goddesses are all present this time, Hades included. 

 

Ares and Aphrodite aren't on their seats but are standing not far away from them and on the other end, he sees Eros glaring at both of them. 

 

Sehun and Jongin look towards their parents. "What are you two doing?" Jongin asks. 

 

"The right thing." Aphrodite answers. "To finally put an end to this." she gives them both a small, apologetic smile. 

 

"They're turning themselves in." Hades speaks up. "This won't erase the previous wrongdoings that you have done to your children, it will still be up to them whether they forgive you or not." 

 

"We understand." Ares nods. 

 

Jongin is actually in awe with the situation. Ares is not one to obey and understand. He makes the rules and he does things his own way so seeing him so calm and collected in a situation such as this is all new to Jongin. 

 

"Ares and Aphrodite have already told us most of the story but we would like to hear your side as well. Please do tell." Hera says. 

 

Sehun blinks in confusion. He looks at Jongin and the other gives him an encouraging smile. "I'll do it, I'm sure you can't remember it all." Jongin says. 

 

Sehun slowly nods and Jongin starts. He starts when they first met Aphrodite together and how she disapproved of them from the beginning right until how Ares got involved. He eventually reaches the part where Eros comes into the story. 

 

Jongin tells them about how Sehun lost his memory right until the previous night when Sehun finally finds out the truth. 

 

"Well, it matches with your parents' story." Poseidon says. 

 

"We're not lying." Ares scoffs. 

 

"Can you blame us for doubting you?" Athena asks. "Seriously? Interfering with your children's relationship for your own reasons? This is so old fashioned, selfish and immature." 

 

"Both Jongin and Aphrodite mentioned a letter, what does it contain?" Dionysus asks. 

 

"It was one of Hermes' magical envelopes, I just sent an honest message to my mother. I never meant to send it but…" Sehun looks at Jongin. "He found it and he sent it at the right time." 

 

"I can track the envelope if it's what you wish." Hermes suggests. 

 

"Ah, no need. I suppose that is something that's meant for them only. We don't have to probe on that part anymore." Zeus says. 

 

"What? But it's a crucial part to how the drama got resolved." Dionysus complains before chugging down his wine. "Go and get it Hermes!" 

 

"That won't be necessary." Artemis groans. 

 

"Oh sis, loosen up. Perhaps we can learn a thing or two from the demigods in love.” Apollo comments. 

 

“That is not something for us to meddle on. It is for confidentiality, is it not?” Demeter sighs. “Let’s leave it at that, we already know what we need to know anyway.”

 

“What about the son of Aphrodite’s memories? What do we do about that? Doesn’t he have the rights to have them restored?” Hestia asks.

 

“He does and there is a way to get them back but it’s not easy. Sehun only got exposed to his powers as a demigod not too long ago and it hasn’t been long since he started to properly use them so using our powers to get his memories back might be too risky for him.” Aphrodite explains. 

 

“That’s okay, Jongin and I already made a decision about that.” Sehun says. All the gods and goddesses in the room turned towards him. “Jongin doesn’t want to risk it and he’s fine with just guiding me through it. If he’s okay with it then so am I.” 

 

“You two are really okay with that?” Ares asked, baffled. “You are alright with him thinking that he isn’t in love with you?” 

 

Jongin lightly chuckles. “He is in love with me dad.” he corrects. “As unbelievable as it sounds, we were both able to confirm it. The memories might have faded but we both have the assurance we need.” 

 

“That’s… unbelievable. You are under my power, you cannot overcome that unless mother helped you.” Eros says in complete disbelief. “It’s either you got help or you are bluffing.” 

 

“You know I actually took one of your arrows and thought that it might help me get my memories back.” Sehun starts. Eros looks at him grimly. “I brought that arrow to Jongin but he simply took it from me and threw it onto the floor. We don’t need your power and we don’t need mother’s.” 

 

“Then you’re simply bluffing? You’re both accepting defeat by dealing with your manipulated memories and here you are trying to romanticize it?” Eros laughs. 

 

“Jongin isn’t bluffing. I love him and that’s that. We don’t owe anyone in this room an explanation. You asked for our side of the story and we have already provided that, what more do we have to prove?” 

 

Jongin gently places a hand on the small of his back to calm him down. “Calm down feisty princess. We’re up against gods now.” he whispers, but there is a hint of playfulness in his tone.

 

Sehun visibly relaxes. “Sorry…” he huffs.


 

“Well... there’s the proof you all need.” Sehun and Jongin both look up when Hades speaks up. Sehun looks at the god in confusion but Hades simply gives him a smug look before pointing towards his eyes. 

 

Jongin smiles once again when he looks at Sehun. “Your eyes never lie.” 

 

“Oh…” Sehun says in realization. He feels a bit flustered to have everyone looking at him in amazement and surprise. Eros’ jaw drops in shock. Despite being a bit flustered with the attention, Sehun still looks over at Eros to give him a smug look… just to rub it in. 

 

Dionysus clasps his hands. “Damn, there is never a dull moment with him. I need another bottle of wine.” he gasps. Athena shushes him.

 

“Well that pretty much ends this discussion then. Let’s decide on Aphrodite, Ares and Eros’ punishment.” Zeus says.

 

“Wait!” Eros exclaims. “That still does not change the fact that the son of Ares assaulted me and the son of Aphrodite has stolen and thrashed my house! He even used his charm on one of my servants, don’t let that pretty face deceive you.” 

 

“Oh please, you threatened to throw me off a balcony and shot me with an arrow, we’re even.” Sehun retorts. 

 

“You are speaking to a god!” 

 

Sehun is about to make another remark but Jongin pulls him back and tells him to calm down once again. It was amusing for the other gods to see the son of the god of war calming down the son of the goddess of love. 

 

“Enough.” Zeus says with a sigh. “I believe this is a family matter that must be resolved.” 

 

“Where was this energy when it’s our family going through ?” Hephaestus grumbles. 

 

“Heph, not now please.” Hera rolls her eyes. 

 

Zeus clears his throat. “Hades, any suggestions for their punishment? I’m sure another trip to the Underworld won’t be much of an actual punishment for them.” 

 

“Not for the two kids but I think Eros should try visiting.” Hades smirks. “I’m sure the Erinyes would like to have a word with him.” 

 

“No you cannot give me a punishment, I simply did what I was told to do!” Eros argues.

 

“You are not a child Eros, you knew exactly what you were doing so it makes you just as responsible for these wrongdoings as your parents are.” Poseidon tells him.

 

“Aphrodite and Ares will temporarily be relieved from their duties here on Olympus. You are forbidden to use your powers as well.” Zeus looks over to Athena. “Now as for their kids...”

 

The goddess looks at Aphrodite and Ares then towards Jongin and Sehun. “I think it would be best for the four of you to spend some time together.” 

 

Sehun chokes while Jongin’s brows furrow. “Pardon?”

 

“Spending some time together to talk out all of your problems would help clear out everything. Settle this one like a proper family.” she adds.

 

“First of all,” Sehun interferes. “Please, please, please don’t refer to us as a family because it’s weird for Jongin and I. I know the gods and goddesses are into some freaky stuff but not us.” he says in exasperation.

 

They all look at him in amusement. “Okay fine, but it still stands. The four of you should spend some time together, preferably on Earth.” Athena continues.

 

“Would that be alright?” Zeus asks. 

 

Sehun does not respond while Jongin simply waits for Sehun’s answer. Ares and Aphrodite look hesitant as well. “It’s their punishment, it's not meant to be something they would like and enjoy. Hermes, go and make the arrangements now.” the god orders.

 

“But...but---” Sehun shuts his mouth and heaves a sigh instead. If he opens his mouth one more time, he might make things worse… like he did last time.

 

“If I wasn’t so busy, I will go to Earth with them.” Dionysus says. “They’re even more dramatic than those shows I’ve watched on Earth.” 

 

“Oh yes. Surprisingly, I agree with you on this one.” Apollo nods along. 

 

"I can't stand you two." Artemis rolls her eyes. 

 

“Neither can we,” the gods reply.



 

Zeus calls the meeting off and dismisses everyone afterwards. Hermes will be updating them about further details. Most of the gods have left the throne room besides Hades, Eros and their parents. 

 

Eros stomps towards Sehun but Jongin quickly steps in front of him. “You may have everyone on Earth, camp and even Olympus wrapped around your finger but not me.” he spat. “You’re just the same manipulative, pretty face like mother.” 

 

“Eros, stop that.” Aphrodite interferes. “I did something wrong and so did you, don’t take it out on him.” 

 

 “He’s going to end up like you.” Eros says before leaving. 

 

Aphrodite sighs in distress. “Don’t listen to him. He’s just mad.”

 

“I know,” Sehun shrugs. “I know I won’t end up like you mother.” he then lightly tugs on Jongin’s arm as a sign for them to leave.

 

“Are you two still mad at us?” Ares asks. 

 

“Is that even a question?” Jongin retorts. “Things won’t magically be fixed just because you two reported yourselves to the gods. Also, don’t act us to act all chummy with you two once our punishment happens.” 

 

“That’s alright. We do understand. We’ll take our time too in fixing everything.” Aphrodite says.

 

“I have a question though,” Sehun starts. “Are you two in a relationship again?” 

 

Their silence was enough answer for the two of them. “Great.” Sehun grumbles. “I won’t force you two to break up but… I refuse to be labelled as Jongin’s sibling---just… no.” Even Jongin winces at that. 

 

Sehun walks away from them when he spots Baekhyun, Kris and Hades together. “Thank you for telling the gods the truth though, that took one problem out of our hands.” Jongin says. 

 

“Jongin,” Ares calls. “I swear, I won’t let my relationship with Aphrodite affect yours.”

 

“You don’t have to promise anything.” Jongin shakes his head. “We’re all adults so let’s just not meddle with each other’s lives.” 

 

“We won’t.” 



 




 

The next time they meet up with their parents, it was by the entrance to camp. It reminded Jongin of the time he started his mission to trick Sehun. Baekhyun prepared a driver for them and booked the place they're staying at. 

 

The car ride was pure two hours of awkward silence and tension with Ares taking shotgun and Jongin finding himself stuck in between Sehun and his mother because the other refused to sit beside Aphrodite.

 

Ares tried starting conversations a couple of times but Sehun only answers with a flat yes or no so it's hard to continue it. 

 

The place they were brought to was close to the sea. It's a small town and the place they are staying at is a simple two-storey house. The driver helps them with their luggage then he was dismissed. 

 

There were two bedrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs, both have their own bathrooms too. "Jongin and I will take the room upstairs." Sehun says with finality.

 

"I'll… stay in the living room." Ares says. 

 

"Why?" Sehun asks.

 

"For obvious reasons, would you be comfortable if your mother and I stayed together?" the god asks. 

 

Sehun heaves a sigh. "It's fine. Do what you want. Just… let's not make this weirder than it is." 

 

Jongin helps Sehun with the rest of their luggage to bring upstairs. "Come down once you are done unpacking. The weather is nice, we should go outside and eat." Aphrodite calls out. 

 

Sehun makes no response while Jongin looks at his boyfriend in disbelief. "I'll convince him to go." he tells them.

 

When Jongin enters their room, he sees Sehun slumped on the huge bed. He sets their suitcases aside first and sits down on the edge of the bed so he can play with Sehun's hair. 

 

"Speak up, princess. I know you're in a bad mood." he starts. 

 

Sehun makes an inaudible noise as his face is muffled against the mattress before turning sideways. 

 

"I have a bad headache, I feel like throwing up and worst of all we have to spend this whole week with our parents who happen to be dating… of course I'm in a bad mood." Sehun groans. 

 

"Why didn't you tell us you weren't feeling well this morning?" Jongin asks. 

 

"I didn't want to worry you… or my mom." Sehun replies.

 

Now that Jongin is looking at Sehun, he does look a bit unwell. He doesn't look pale but instead, his cheeks are very rosy and his eyes were droopy. 

 

"I can tell them that we're declining their invitation to go out later so you could rest." Jongin says. 

 

"No," Sehun shakes his head. "I'll go. We'll go." 

 

"But you need to stop acting like you're PMS-ing when you're with them. I can see that they're trying, Sehun." Jongin honestly says. 

 

Sehun looks embarrassed with that. "Sorry, it's just really weird and all new to me. On top of all that, I still can't remember much about us so it's just stressing me out. This trip would have been so much better if we are back to normal." 

 

"We are normal." Jongin gently pats his hair. "I already told you, it's fine." 

 

"Yeah but--" Sehun doesn't finish since he gets up and he hurries over to the bathroom. Jongin follows him and he sees the other hunched over the sink. "Don't come, I'll be fine." 

 

Jongin stops by the threshold. "Are you sure?" 

 

"Yeah, it's nothing. I'll call you if I need anything." 

 

With that, Jongin nods and steps back. He tries to recall if he packed some medicine from Asclepius for their trip but he doesn't think he packed any. He goes downstairs and hesitantly knocks on their parents' door. 

 

Ares opens the door and Jongin sees them both unpacking. "Is there anything you need?" his father asks. 

 

"I know this will sound stupid because you're gods anyway but did you pack any medicine?" Jongin asks. "For a headache or a bad stomach or… anything?" 

 

Aphrodite, who was currently folding clothes, stops and stares at him. "Sehun is feeling unwell, isn't he? I knew something was off about him but I didn't want him to think that I'm meddling." 

 

"You already answered your question too, of course we didn't pack any." Ares tells him. 

 

"Yeah, obviously. I guess I just kinda want to inform Madame Aphro about Sehun's situation." he shrugs. 

 

"Where is he?" 

 

"Bathroom, he doesn't want me to go in there though. He keeps insisting that he's fine." Jongin says. 

 

"Sounds like a pregnant woman to me," Ares comments. Both Jongin and Aphrodite shoot him a glare. "Just saying." he raises his hands in defeat. 

 

"He is probably feeling very overwhelmed right now." Aphrodite gets up. "Let me check on him for a bit." 

 

It's weird how the goddess is so much nicer to him now compared to the hostile treatment that he got before. He's not one to hold grudges, so he's not mad at her or anything, but it is still weird nonetheless. 

 

Jongin and Aphrodite were both on their way upstairs when they suddenly senses a burst of sweet pheromones in the air. Jongin actually flinches since it felt like a whiplash, even Ares suddenly hurries out of his room. 

 

"You two should go out for a while." Aphrodite tells Jongin and Ares. "Go and hangout, buy some food then come back." 

 

"But… Sehun--"

 

"It's not the best idea to let you in there right now, don't you think?" the goddess asks. 

 

"It's so strong." Ares comments as he covers his nose. "Since when did you have a kid that has pheromones as strong as this?" 

 

"Just leave for a bit. I'll handle this. Let me take care of my son please." she faces Jongin. 

 

The son of Ares clears his throat. "Okay, but please explain to me what's going on. Will he be alright?" 

 

"He'll be fine. I will be checking on him so you two should go." 

 

"You heard her, let's go Jongin." Ares calls. 

 

Jongin sighs in defeat. "If Sehun looks for me, tell him I'll be back." 

 

With that, the two of them leave while the goddess of love proceeds to check on her son.