seventeen.

Game of Deception

Jongin avoided his father for the whole day because of their misunderstanding. He is sure that Ares will try to tell him that his feelings for Sehun will pass soon and he doesn't want to hear it. 

 

Up until now he can still tell that his father is still affected by the goddess of love. He can tell that his father was tensed when Aphrodite was in front of him. 

 

He had dinner with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Donghae. The son of Athena apologized for ditching him to avoid the drama while Chanyeol and Donghae were curious about what happened. 

 

"I really think your father is a factor on why Madame Aphro is so pissed at you. Because I have been a bad influence to Sehun, I was literally his partner in crime and let's say I taught him everything he needs to know when it comes to seduction but she isn't that harsh towards me." Donghae explains. 

 

"Damn, imagine the situation once Sehun returns. Madame Aphro, sir Ares, Jongin then Sehun all together." Chanyeol cringes. 

 

"By the way, when you said you taught him everything he needs to know… Is it what I'm thinking?" Baekhyun wiggles his eyebrows. 

 

Donghae grins. "He's already a sly minx when I met him but I'll admit, I was the one that fully corrupted him."

 

"Quiet down, someone's getting jealous." Chanyeol laughs. "Jongin is gritting his teeth."

 

"I'm not." Jongin scoffs. 

 

"Don't worry, you were still the one that popped his cherry." Donghae assures. Jongin nearly chokes on his food. 

 

"Shut up." 

 

 

 

It was a bit late when Jongin returned to his assigned cabin. He huffs when he sees his father with some of his siblings hanging out by the veranda. 

 

Ares probably treated them all to dinner, he does it whenever he has free time. Jongin manages to get in without anyone seeing him. 

 

The moment he got inside, something flies in front of him. He halts when he gets one of the messages that Donghae got the other day. On the video, he sees Sehun. 

 

His hair was back to its natural hair color. Aphrodite's blessing was finally gone but Sehun still glows in the dark atmosphere of the Underworld. 

 

Sehun was on his bed. He looked flustered. He was twisting and turning and Jongin wonders if Sehun just sent the message by mistake. Jongin thought it was going to be a long message of Sehun just sleeping but he suddenly tosses his blanket aside and Jongin's jaw drops when he suddenly starts stripping. 

 

Jongin scrambles over to his room, the message follows him and he quickly locks the door. He looks back at the video and he sees Sehun himself. 

 

"You've got to be kidding me." Jongin gasps as he sees the familiar fair and milky skin of the son of Aphrodite. 

 

Jongin tries to distract himself by averting his gaze on the video but the muffled moans and gasps he hear draw him right back.

 

"Jongin--" 

 

His twitches when he hears Sehun out his name. When he looks at the video again, Sehun was sprawled out on the bed with his fingers pumping in and out of him. It was beyond obscene and lewd and Jongin feels like he's watching . 

 

Sehun moans Jongin's name a little too loudly when he s and Jongin knows that he will need a cold shower after this. 

 

That was when Sehun suddenly gets up and gets off the bed while looking both guilty, confused and embarrassed. The video ends right at that moment. 

 

Jongin was left confused, shocked and completely . 

 

"What the actual ?" he mutters. 

 

His heart nearly leaps out of his chest when he hears someone knocking on the door. 

 

"Jongin! You little , did you really bring someone over while I'm right here?!" Ares yells. 

 

Jongin mentally curses all the gods and goddesses. "No, I'm alone." he responds. 

 

"Don't lie to me, I heard someone your name in there. You are lucky that I was the only one that heard it because your siblings are outside." Ares says. 

 

"I swear that nobody is here but me. Leave me alone!" Jongin exclaims. 

 

"Oh you better be alone because if you're not out of there in five minutes, I will barge in there." Ares threatens. Jongin curses once again. 

 

One cold shower and a change of clothes later, he tries to sort out his thoughts about whatever he saw. 

 

If he looks past the part where Sehun sounded completely seductive and desperate, he knows that he isn't acting like himself in the message. It somehow reminded him of the time that Sehun got roofied. 

 

"Can't he stay out of trouble for once?" Jongin groans as he runs his fingers through his hair. 

 

He was pondering over his thoughts when his door was suddenly kicked open. He sees Ares and Hwasa right at the other side of the door. 

 

"What the ?!" Jongin complains. 

 

Ares and Hwasa ignored him as they checked around the room. They checked the wardrobe, the bathroom and even under the bed. 

 

"Huh, so you are alone." Ares says. 

 

"I was telling the truth." Jongin grits. 

 

"I swear I heard someone coming from your bedroom." Hwasa says. "I was going to get a glass of water when I heard it." 

 

"See? I'm not the only one that heard it, I am not hearing things." Ares accuses. 

 

"It's none of your business. I deserve privacy. If you two don't leave me alone I will kick your asses." Jongin spat. 

 

"Damn, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Ares jokingly asks.

 

Jongin simply glares at him. Ares gestures for Hwasa to leave while he enters Jongin's room to sit beside him on the bed. 

 

"I am not an idiot Jongin, I know what I heard." Ares says. 

 

Jongin sighs, he knows his father won't leave him alone until he gets answers. "Do you know how Hermes' envelopes work?" he asks. 

 

"You mean those flying envelopes have a mind of their own?" Jongin nods at his father's question. 

 

"Are they… wired? Like, does Hermes keep track of them? Does he see whatever gets sent?" Jongin asks. 

 

That was when the realization hits Ares. "Ah, silly me. You really were alone, that was a video." he concludes. 

 

"Yeah… so? Am I the only one that will see that?" Jongin asks. 

 

"Why? So that you could watch it again?" Ares snorts. 

 

"No, it's to protect him." Jongin snaps. "I don't even know if he meant for me to see that and the last thing we both need is for that video to get in the wrong hands." 

 

"Calm down, those special envelopes were made for a reason. Hermes is the god of thieves as well, he used to make use of those envelopes for his transactions back then. The messages permanently disappear once they arrive at their destination. They're not wired so not even Hermes could see it." Ares explains. 

 

Jongin sighs in relief. It was a good thing that he was alone when it was sent to him. Sehun doesn't deserve any more humiliation. 

 

"Based on your words, I can conclude that the message came from Aphrodite's son." Ares says. 

 

"Yes and if you are going to remind me again about not associating myself with him, I won't do it." Jongin scoffs. 

 

"I don't know if this is good for you, Jongin." Ares frowns. "I cannot stand up for you forever. There are rules that you must follow."

 

"I am as stubborn as you, dad. Those rules are unfair and I am already an adult."

 

Ares shakes his head in disbelief. "Let's hope that stubbornness will lead you in the right path. Don't be like me." he says before leaving. 

 

Jongin pulls his hair in frustration once he was alone. Why does everything have to be so complicated? 

 

 

 

 

When Sehun leaves his room the following morning, he sees Noir waiting for him outside. He hellhound immediately greets him. The hellhound barks and Sehun took it as a gesture to follow it. Noir takes him to the dining area where he sees Hades and Persephone making breakfast. 

 

He smiles at the scene. He never imagined the house of Hades to look this domestic. Persephone was the first to see him. 

 

"Good morning Sehun." she greets. 

 

"Good morning." Sehun smiles. Hades smiles at him as well. "Where's Kris?" 

 

"Present." Kris yawns as he enters the dining area too, Mavros was right behind him. 

 

Kris stops to look at Sehun. "Wow, I can't believe the son of Aphrodite could look like ." 

 

Kris and Persephone both glare at their son. "It's alright, I know." Sehun tells them. "My mother's blessing is gone now and I didn't fall asleep at all last night so… I know I don't look presentable right now." 

 

"Don't mind Kris. You've been through quite a lot yesterday so you deserve a break. Breakfast will be ready in a bit but for now, here's some hot cocoa." Persephone hands him a mug. 

 

"Thank you." Sehun says. "And I'm sorry for last night. I know I was acting strange. It had something to do with my mother and I kind of… see you as a mother figure for me so… Please don't find it weird." he mutters. 

 

Persephone smiles and gently cups his face. "Don't worry about it Sehun, I know how difficult it was for you so it's okay." she brushes her thumbs against his cheeks. "I don't mind." 

 

Sehun smiles back. 

 

Once Persephone returns to her cooking, Hades approaches him next. "The Erinyes gave you a potion, didn't they?" he asks. 

 

"They made me tell them about my desires. First was vengeance, second was for my mother's affection and the third was--anyways they gave me the potion to make me embrace those desires. That's why I was acting weird last night." Sehun narrates. 

 

"I know they gave you a hard time but I only wanted you to talk to them so that they'd give you realizations too." Hades says. 

 

"I understand." Sehun nods. "They just really caught me off guard. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused last night." 

 

"You should be, I couldn't fall asleep too because of you." Kris groans. 

 

"Why?" Sehun asks. 

 

"You were spreading your pheromones all over the mansion. You were pretty noisy too." Kris says. 

 

Sehun flushes a deep red as he looks down in embarrassment. "I was… out of it." 

 

"You should have seen how flustered Kris got." Hades snickers.

 

Sehun covers his cheeks with his hands. He looks towards Kris but the other simply avoided eye contact. "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

 

"It was something you can't control, Sehun. It's alright." Hades tells him. 

 

Sehun shyly looks towards the god. "You're not going to write a report about this, are you?" 

 

Hades genuinely laughs at that. "Oh Zeus, no I'm not going to do that. I do care for you and I will save you from that embarrassment." 

 

Sehun sighs in relief. "Thanks." 

 

 

 

Everything was back to normal once they were done eating breakfast. Sehun asked Kris if he could accompany him outside for a walk. Hades said that it's Sehun's free day today to make up for the mess with the Erinyes. 

 

"Hey, about the whole… pheromone thing last night," Sehun brings up. 

 

"You don't have to bring it up if it makes you uncomfortable." Kris assures. 

 

"I have to bring it up." Sehun exhales. "I need answers."

 

"For what?" 

 

"Have you ever used one of Hermes' special envelopes?" Sehun asks. 

 

Kris an eyebrow at him. "I haven't, but I have seen my father use one before."

 

"Okay so they're these envelopes that automatically get sent when you write the name and address of the person you want to send them to. They record you and they automatically get sent." Sehun starts explaining. 

 

Kris still doesn't know why Sehun is telling him this. 

 

"Last night I was contemplating if I should message Jongin or not. I ended up writing his name and half of his address." Sehun's ears were turning red. "And last night I…"

 

That was when Kris gasps loudly. "Oh . Did you?!" 

 

Sehun blushes. "I didn't think that it would count if I stopped writing the address but before I realized it, the envelope was gone." 

 

", you… cammed yourself?!" Kris gasps. 

 

Sehun looks at him in disbelief. "It was unintentional! I wasn't myself last night and you know it." 

 

"Yeah, you were like a hellhound in heat." Kris chuckles. "I didn't know you desired Jongin that much. How bad was it?" 

 

Sehun glares at him. "Don't make me explain." 

 

"Let's just hope that Jongin receives the message privately because from what I know, the messages open on their own." Kris teases. 

 

Sehun heaves a deep breath. "My reputation is as bad as it is. The last thing I need is a scandal." 

 

Kris couldn't help but laugh but at the same time he also feels bad for Sehun. "Jongin is one lucky guy." he comments. 

 

Sehun punches him on the shoulder which made him wince. "Oh cool, your punches improved." Kris groans as he rubs his shoulder. 

 

"Kris!!!" Sehun whines. 

 

"Okay, okay… don't worry about it. As far as I know children of Ares are the possessive types so if Jongin sees that, I'm sure he'd keep it to himself." 

 

"And that's supposed to be a good thing?" 

 

"Of course, if you trust Jongin enough then that video won't spread. Besides, something seems to be going on between the two of you so consider that as a present." Kris shrugs. 

 

"It will be so awkward once we meet again." Sehun groans. 

 

"Oh come on, I bet that wasn't the first time he's seen you ." Kris comments. 

 

Sehun was frozen for a moment. Kris smirks. "Wow, I really did underestimate you. You're not as innocent as you look." 

 

"That is not the point." Sehun scoffs. 

 

Kris was about to make a retort when he senses his father calling him. "Dad's calling me, I can't leave you out here so let's go."

 

Sehun nods. "I'll go and read some books your mother lent me." 

 

When they return to the mansion, Sehun stays in his room while Kris goes to his father's study. "You called?" 

 

"Would you like to go on a trip to the surface?" Hades asks. 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"I need you to go to camp and Olympus for me." Hades says. 

 

"Whoa wait, can't you do it?" Kris asks. 

 

"I have so much to do. Besides, these aren't just ordinary errands. They're for Sehun." 

 

"Sehun?" Kris looks at him in interest. 

 

"I think it's about time we send him back." Hades says. "The boy has been staying here for a punishment he didn't deserve. I think he has already done his part."

 

"You want to say goodbye to him this soon?" Kris asks. 

 

"I'm getting way too fond of the kid. Aphrodite might end up venting her anger on him again. Plus, I think Sehun has a lot of unfinished business up there. I am sure he learned plenty during his stay here, it's time he applies them."

 

"What exactly do I have to do?" 

 

Hades gives him a folder. "Those are approval sheets. You have to get those signed by all the names in there. That way, we can send Sehun back."

 

Kris grimaces when he sees Aphrodite on the papers. "Will his mother approve?" 

 

"She has to." Hades says. "I already gave into her request. It is against our principles to punish someone who isn't deserving." 

 

"When should I have these signed?" 

 

"As soon as possible. Don't tell Sehun, I want to surprise him." Hades orders. 

 

"I'll get ready and leave. Who will keep Sehun company while I'm gone?" 

 

"Your mother will keep him distracted. Now off you go. The sooner you leave, the sooner you come back. Charon will be waiting for you by the gates." 

 

 

 

Sehun was still in his room so Kris packed and left. He travelled up until the gates and he rode Charon's boat until they reached the river by the camp. 

 

It's not like it's his first time here, he just doesn't like bright places too much, not to mention that he has to meet a bunch of people. Excluding his dad, there are five people that need to sign: Jongin, Baekhyun, Hermes, Aphrodite and Zeus. 

 

As he walks around the camp, he notices how other demigods would either awkwardly greet him or avoid looking at him. They can sense that he isn't like them and it's not everyday that you see a son of Hades walking around on such a bright day. 

 

Despite not usually coming to camp, he has the place memorized so he knows where the cabins are located. As he was on his way to the cabin where the children of Athena are staying, a demigod approaches him. 

 

"Hey, I know you. You're that guy with Sehun!" he grins. 

 

Kris' brows rose in interest. "You know Sehun?" 

 

"I've met him. But my boyfriend and best friend know him well. My name is Chanyeol, son of Heph." he greets. 

 

"Kris." he greets. "I am actually looking for a Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongin right now."

 

Chanyeol smiles widely. "Great timing, I'm on my way to meet them. Baekhyun is my boyfriend, Jongin is my best friend. They're currently with Donghae." he starts walking. 

 

Kris is glad he ran into this guy, less work for him.

 

"Donghae has to clean up the weapon storage today for his community service." Chanyeol explains as they head to the training fields. 

 

Kris easily detects Jongin when they were close by. Sehun was covered in his pheromones when he first arrived in the Underworld.

 

Jongin and Baekhyun were both at a resting area as they watched the other demigods train. Both of them stopped and looked at Kris the moment they saw him. 

 

"Hey guys, look who I ran to." Chanyeol says. 

 

"Kris, son of Hades, what brings you here?" Baekhyun asks. 

 

"It's about Sehun," he says. Chanyeol ushers him to sit with them. 

 

"Sehun? Is he alright?" Baekhyun asks. 

 

"He's more than fine." he sneaks a glance at Jongin who looks completely distracted. "I am here to ask for your signatures. Dad thinks it's time to send him back here." 

 

"W-wait, that quick?" Jongin sputters. 

 

"Why? Don't you want to see him again?" Chanyeol grins. 

 

"Well… Yeah, of course. I just didn't expect it to be this quick. That's good." 

 

"It's because dad really likes him. He knows how unfair it is for Sehun to stay there." Kris explains. 

 

"Well there's no problem then, I'll gladly sign it." Baekhyun says as he takes a pen and signs. "Jongin will sign it too." 

 

"Once this is approved, will Sehun be back?" Jongin asks as he signs it as well. 

 

"He'll be allowed to leave the Underworld, whatever happens next depends on his guardian. Unfortunately, his only guardian happens to be his mother."

 

Jongin sighs. "Madame Aphro has to sign this too, I don't think convincing her will be an easy job." 

 

"That's what I am worried about but I will do my best to convince her." 

 

"By the way, how is Sehun? Is he alright and healthy?" Chanyeol asks. 

 

"He fits right in." Kris says. "He's like family already, even my hellhounds like him. Well he does attract trouble like a magnet but he's doing well." 

 

"May I speak with you privately?" Jongin suddenly asks. 

 

Kris already saw this coming since Jongin looked hesitant for a while now. "Of course, I have some questions for you as well."

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun easily took the hint and excused themselves. 

 

Once they were gone, Jongin gulps. "Did something happen to Sehun yesterday? Was he drunk or… anything like that?" 

 

Kris smiles knowingly. "Were you the only one that saw that message?" 

 

Jongin looks stunned for a moment. "Wait, you know about it? How?" 

 

"He told me."

 

Jongin nods. "He trusts you that much, huh."

 

"Now is not the time to get jealous lover boy, the point is, are you sure that you are the only one that saw that?" Kris asks. 

 

"Yes, just me… someone might have overheard it but they don't know it's him." 

 

"It's impossible to not overhear, he is incredibly loud." Kris comments. He notices how Jongin tenses. "Relax, it's not what you're thinking. My room is right across his so I heard his exercises."

 

Jongin couldn't hide the annoyed look on his face. "What exactly happened then? How did he end up like… That?" 

 

Kris told him about the Erinyes and how he and his father just found Sehun unconscious after the Erinyes made him drink a potion. 

 

Jongin had mixed emotions. He was angry at the Erinyes, frustrated at Hades and Kris for carelessly leaving Sehun there and disappointed because--

 

"It's not real?" Jongin asks. 

 

"What?" 

 

"It was all because of the potion, so what I saw was its effects. Sehun was under a spell." he says. 

 

"It is somewhat real." Kris explains. "The potion made him embrace his desires and even though he was under a spell, the video still speaks for itself." 

 

Jongin nearly smirks at that but he stops himself. Kris was quick to notice it though. 

 

"Anyways I have to go. The sooner I have these signed, the sooner Sehun will be back in your arms." Kris teases. 

 

"It's not going to be that easy." Jongin says. 

 

"I'm rooting for you then. I have met a lot of people in the Underworld but I've never met someone with a heart as pure and kind as Sehun's." Kris says. "At the same time, his heart is longing and lonely. It is ironic but the son of the goddess of love needs love."

 

Jongin nods. "I'll keep that in mind." 

 

"It was nice meeting you, Jongin." Kris says. 

 

"Same here, please assure Sehun that it's alright." Jongin shakes his hand and smiles. 

 

"No worries, I'll be off now." Kris says before leaving. He passes by Chanyeol and Baekhyun and thanks them as well as he was on his way. 

 

At least Kris no longer needs worry. Sehun will be alright once he returns to camp. When he shook Jongin's hand, he felt all of his emotions. He felt Jongin's worry, longing and his desire to see Sehun again. 

 

Sehun might fit in the Underworld well but Kris knows well enough that this is where Sehun should be. With Jongin.