eighteen.

Game of Deception

Sehun spends the rest of the day with Persephone. He helped her with the garden and with preparing dinner.

 

During dinner time, Sehun wonders why it was just the three of them eating. "Where did Kris go? Why is he out for so long?" Sehun decides to ask.

 

"I asked him to do some errands for me. He'll probably return tomorrow morning." Hades answers.

 

Sehun nods. There's not much for him to do when Kris isn't around. He can't even leave the mansion.

 

After dinner, he spends the rest of the evening playing with Mavros and Noir. Mavros usually stays at Kris' room but since he was gone for the night, the hellhound found itself staying at Sehun's room as well.

 

Sehun decides to use his last envelope for Donghae again. He remembers how much fun they both had when they donated some cash to an animal shelter so he introduced the hellhounds to him.

 

He might as well use up all his envelopes before he ends up making another embarrassing mistake.

 

He sleeps earlier than usual that night since he had no one else to talk to. The following morning, he wakes up because of Mavros.

 

The hellhound was nuzzling his face. He rubs the sleep off his eyes and got up. Noir suddenly pulls at the hem of his shirt using its teeth. They both look excited.

 

"Is Kris back?" Sehun asks.

 

Both hounds bark at him. Sehun opens his bedroom door and both Mavros and Noir race outside.

 

Sehun brushes his teeth and washes up before heading down to the living room. He hears Kris' voice so he quickens his pace.

 

Kris suddenly stops talking once he arrives. Sehun glances towards Hades and Kris but both don't say anything, much to his confusion.

 

"Is something wrong?" Sehun asks.

 

He notices that Kris was holding a folder with some files inside. Sehun's brows furrow in confusion.

 

"It's about me, isn't it? Was that why Kris was gone yesterday?" he asks.

 

Hades sighs. "There's no point in hiding it." the god says. "I sent Kris to the surface yesterday, he had to get some papers signed. It's for your approval."

 

"Approval?" Sehun asks.

 

"Approval to return to camp." Kris answers with a smile. "Surprise, Snow White."

 

Sehun was speechless for a moment.

 

"You know he had to get these papers signed by two demigods and three gods. I was just asking him how he got your mother's approval for this. I didn't expect him to be back this soon." Hades explains.

 

"It was annoying. Hermes wouldn't sign until Aphrodite signed while Aphrodite was a tough nut to crack. Zeus just wanted things over with so he was quick to sign."

 

"How did you make dear Aphrodite sign?" Hades chuckles.

 

"I simply told her that you're so fond of Sehun and if you get even more fond of him, you'd grant him a wish. I also told her about Sehun calling mother mom. She didn't like it." Kris snickers.

 

"You did well, my son." Hades laughs. "I thought I'd have to resort to threatening her."

 

The father and son both laugh but when they realize that Sehun still remained mum, they looked at him in bewilderment.

 

"Is something wrong? Are you not happy about the news?" Hades asks.

 

Sehun honestly doesn't know what to feel. When he first arrived, he couldn't wait to get out but now--

 

"I don't think I want to go back…" he softly says but the two were still able to hear it.

 

That was when Hades stands up and approaches him. The god places a hand on his shoulder. "Sehun, this isn't where you're meant to be. Don't you want to go back to camp?"

 

"It's just… ever since I lost my dad, I didn't really know where I'd belong. Donghae and I were together but we didn't have a permanent home. I didn't have a good experience both at camp and in Olympus. In here, it felt like I had a family again." Sehun explains. He looks up and tries to blink his forming tears away. "I know I'm being embarrassing and dramatic right now but I just feel so welcome here. I even got to see my dad again."

 

"You're not being embarrassing nor dramatic, you're being honest. You're honestly like a breath of fresh air here in the Underworld. It has been so lively since you came down here. The last time it felt like that was when Persephone agreed to stay here with me. No offense to Kris, he was a spawn of all things dark and gloomy when he was born."

 

"It's a compliment for me, dad." Kris shrugs.

 

Sehun chuckles at that. "I really can't stay?" he asks.

 

"I'm sure you're just saying that now, but if you stay here long enough you'll eventually want to leave." Hades knowingly says.

 

Sehun quickly shakes his head.

 

This time it was Kris that approached him. The son of Hades drapes an arm around Sehun's shoulders. "You still have a lot to settle in camp and in Olympus. We didn't teach you to runaway from your problems, we taught you how to deal with them."

 

"Exactly." Hades agrees. "I am sure that you'll be able to contribute a lot of things once you return there. You are a smart kid with good intentions, I know you'll do well. Staying here in the Underworld will just limit that."

 

"And besides," Kris leans over to Sehun's ear. "A certain someone is missing you greatly at camp."

 

Sehun's eyes widen. "You met him?!"

 

"I gave you a heartwarming message and you react to a certain someone missing you instead?!" Hades exclaims.

 

Sehun flinches. "S-sorry… it's just that I'm…" Sehun bows down as an apology but he faces Kris again. "You talked about the message, didn't you?" he asks him in a hushed voice.

 

"Relax Snow White, it's all good. Only he saw it and he was worried. The boy's a keeper." Kris teases.

 

"Shut up." Sehun grits.

 

"I can hear you." Hades interferes.

 

Sehun apologizes once again. "So I suppose you're fine with leaving now after Kris said that someone misses you." Hades rolls his eyes.

 

"Well no, I still want to… stay."

 

"He hesitated." Hades says with a blank expression.

 

"You hesitated." Kris repeats.

 

"Hey, it's not like that. I love you guys. I mean it when I want to stay and I appreciate every word that Master Hades has to say." Sehun sincerely smiles. "Like you said I was taught to deal with my problems and not run away from them. If I have to go back, I will if it is what you wish. That won't stop me from missing everything and everyone in this place… well everyone except the Erinyes."

 

"You sound like you're ready to leave us, dear." they didn't notice that Persephone was standing by the doorway and listening to their conversation.

 

"I'm nowhere ready Madame." Sehun chuckles.

 

Persephone smiles and shakes her head as she approaches him. "Enough formalities, stop with the master and madame. Call us whatever you want."

 

"Uncle and aunt?" Sehun shyly asks.

 

"Mom and dad would've been better, but it might hurt Kris' pride to be permanently brotherzoned by you." Hades guffaws.

 

Persephone and Sehun laugh while Kris glares at his father. "Excuse me, pretty twinks aren't my type."

 

Sehun rolls his eyes at him. "Broody and moody giant emos aren't my type either."

 

"Hey!"

 

"Hey yourself."

 

"Enough you two." Hades pinches their ears. "Breakfast is ready so how about we eat now? Shall we?"

 

Kris and Sehun both nod so the god releases them. "Wait, one last question." Sehun says.

 

"What is it?"

 

"May I at least… extend my stay here?" Sehun asks. "I just need time to sort out all my problems and possible solutions before I return."

 

"How long?" Hades crosses his arms.

 

"A year?" Sehun grins.

 

"Too long,"

 

"Half a year?"

 

"No,"

 

"Three months?"

 

"Nope,"

 

"A month?"

 

"Hmmm… no."

 

"Why did you even ask me if you'd keep declining?" Sehun huffs.

 

"Ten days it is." Hades clasps his hands.

 

Sehun looks at him with wide eyes. "Really? I can have the extension? Is it allowed?"

 

"Just don't tell your mother that you asked for it." Hades says.

 

"I won't." Sehun beams.

 

"So we get ten more days with Snow White." Kris smirks.

 

"Ten days till you miss me." Sehun says.

 

"If anyone's gonna miss you, it's just Noir." Kris snorts.

 

"Boys, enough bickering. Come to the dining hall now." Persephone calls.

 

"Yes aunt," Sehun smiles before following her and Hades.





 

It was another new day at camp. The newbies already made some improvement ever since their first day and it was good progress. Jongin didn't need to supervise them much anymore. He just drops by to check on them. Chaelin and Hwasa told him to take a break.

 

He's either with Chanyeol, Baekhyun or both during his free time. Donghae was already on his last two days of community service. The son of Eros was more motivated now since he heard about the news of Sehun returning soon.

 

Right now he was currently hanging out with Chanyeol. They're currently at the 'workshop'. It's where the children of Hephaestus forge weapons or anything they wish to.

 

"You know, I never told you and Baekhyun about one thing." Jongin says.

 

Chanyeol drops his hammer for a bit to take a seat across Jongin's. "What is it?"

 

"Kris told me some… weird things regarding Sehun."

 

"Weird things like?"

 

"Like, he knows? About us? About Sehun and I?"

 

Chanyeol snorts. "Of course he'd know. Sehun most likely sees a friend in him, if that's the case then it is natural for him to tell stories about you."

 

"No, it's not just that. He told me that Sehun's heart is longing and lonely."

 

"It is ironic but the son of the goddess of love needs love."

 

"Cause his lover boy isn't there with him." Chanyeol says.

 

Jongin sighs at this. "Last time I told you about this, you told me that perhaps my feelings for Sehun aren't that… severe yet. You said it is unlike me to be hung up on someone, what's with the sudden change?"

 

Chanyeol hums for a moment. "Well for one, I realized that Sehun is actually a keeper. Two, this whole forbidden love thing going on because of Madame Aphro looks exciting and three, I have never seen Ares' best son looking so defeated ever."

 

"Defeated?"

 

"You didn't fail your mission, Jongin. You brought Sehun here and yet you look like you havent accomplished anything at all." Chanyeol elaborates.

 

"Anyone would feel bad for indirectly sending an innocent demigod to the Underworld." Jongin huffs.

 

"Look on the bright--I mean, dark side." Chanyeol laughs at his own joke while Jongin looks unamused. "The Underworld was good to Sehun."

 

Jongin cringes when he suddenly remembers the letter Sehun sent. "Good huh?"

 

"I wonder how soon he'll be back." Chanyeol muses.

 

"It depends." Jongin shrugs. "It will be awkward for us to meet again."

 

"Why?"

 

"Reasons," Jongin mutters.

 

"Ah, you're my last I'm your last?" Chanyeol grins.

 

"Nah forget it." Jongin chuckles. "I'm sure I'd be able to handle it anyways."




 

Meanwhile in Olympus, some of the gods were all at the throne room when Hermes enters. "Aphrodite, a message for you. It's from Hades." he says.

 

Aphrodite takes the letter. It was a confirmation that Sehun will be returning soon. "My son is coming back." she says.

 

"Aren't you happy?" Athena asks.

 

"I will be, once I see his improvement." the goddess says.

 

"Hell isn't some rehabilitation center for juvenile delinquents, dear sister." Dionysus comments as he sips his wine.

 

"If he doesn't improve, do you just plan to send him back? You cannot push your son away forever." Artemis comments.

 

"His brothers and sisters will rub off on him once he stays at camp."

 

"By the way, who do you wish to send once Hades sends him off?" Hermes asks.

 

"I'm the last one he'd want to see so send someone else to fetch him." Aphrodite says.

 

"Shouldn't you at least patch things up with him? He is your son." Demeter asks.

 

Aphrodite nearly frowns but she kept her face unreadable. "Send someone else Hermes."

 

"Anyone?" a voice echoes through the grand hall.

 

Ares proudly enters the room. He smirks at Aphrodite's way. "Be careful with what you say, we both know that anyone would line up for that job."

 

Aphrodite glowers at him. "Yes, that includes your disrespectful son." she spat.

 

"He's not disrespectful, he just takes after me."

 

"Arrogant then."

 

The smirk was wiped off Ares' face, the other gods sighed while Dionysus snickers as he refills his wine cup.

 

"Based from the stories I've heard, your son doesn't seem to take after you." Ares says instead.

 

Aphrodite straightens on her throne. "What do you want, Ares?"

 

"A private talk." Ares sighs. "About our sons."

 

"Eros?" Dionysus gasps.

 

"Her son and my son. off." the god of war snaps.

 

Aphrodite gracefully stands up. "Let's talk at the balcony." she tells him before leaving.

 

Ares glares at Dionysus one more time before following the goddess towards the balcony.

 

"What is it?" Aphrodite asks.

 

"I had a talk with Jongin, I reminded him of the rules but it seems like he really has feelings for your son." Ares answers.

 

"He hasn't known Sehun for that long, there's no way his feelings can develop that easily." Aphrodite states.

 

"He is your son. I can attest to you how easily feelings develop when you're involved." Ares humorlessly laughs.

 

"That only means his feelings for Sehun aren't sincere. It's only because Sehun is the son of the goddess of beauty and love." Aphrodite an eyebrow. "Sehun did seduce him after all."

 

"I don't think Jongin is not sincere." Ares reasons. "When I talked to him, it sounded like he really cares for the boy. I know about his past relationships, I can tell this one is different."

 

"And what do you suggest we do about it then? Let these two delude themselves that they're in a fantasy?" Aphrodite scoffs.

 

"Look, I just don't want my son to make the same mistake as I did. He is a stubborn one." Ares states. "What about you?"

 

"I don't want your son hanging around my son. Sehun will be back in camp soon and I know your son is waiting for him."

 

"So the goddess of love will interfere with love once again?" Ares asks. "They're not ordinary mortals that you used to play with Dite, one of them is your son."

 

"Love is a big word to use for them." Aphrodite says. "It's prevention. Remember what we agreed on when we separated ways?"

 

Ares has a sullen expression on his face. "Love and war can never go together."

 

Aphrodite smiles as she closes the distance between the two of them. She lifts one hand to cup the god's face. "I don't want them to go through the same pain we went through."

 

Ares heaves a deep breath. All his battles were fought well because he had no weakness. Both his biggest loss and his biggest weakness is right in front of him. Aphrodite will always have that impact on him.

 

"That's all that I'm preventing." Ares says. "But preventing them to see each other is too much. We shouldn't take that away."

 

"I guess that's something that even we have no power over." Aphrodite chuckles. "We just have to keep watch."

 

Aphrodite was about to step back when Ares quickly swoops down to steal a kiss on her lips. "A kiss to seal the deal." the god smugly says before leaving.

 

Aphrodite swipes her finger on her bottom lip before smiling to herself.




 

The past ten days have been quick for Sehun. Since it was just an extension, he had lesser stuff to do so he had more free time. He still insisted that he wanted some training because he knows he'll need that. Most of the time, he and Kris are having fun outside. Even Cerberus became fond of Sehun as well.

 

The Underworld really became a home for him which is why it's so hard for him to leave.

 

"Hey uncle, is there really no way for me to come and visit anytime I want?" Sehun asks.

 

Hades and Persephone exchanged wary glances. "Well I wouldn't recommend it."

 

Sehun's ears perk up. "So there is a way."

 

"Yeah, it's called mom's way." Kris comments.

 

Sehun's brows furrow for a bit. "The pomegranate seeds?" he asks.

 

"Sehun, you don't have to. That won't give you freedom. It will only force you to come here." Hades says.

 

"I wouldn't mind. If it means that I can come here without trouble, it's totally fine with me."

 

"Are you really sure about this? There is no undoing this, you know." Hades warns.

 

"I'd come here everyday if I could." Sehun smiles.

 

Hades sighs. "People would know because my seal will appear on you. You will get judged for it, Sehun."

 

"I've literally been through hell, nothing else can faze me." Sehun assures.

 

"Well good because I already picked out a ripe pomegranate this morning." Kris says.

 

"And why?" Persephone asks.

 

"I know he'd want to stay." Kris shrugs. "Come to the kitchen after dad approves." he pats Sehun's head.

 

"Uncle please please please, eating a pomegranate seed is better than doing another crime just to visit." Sehun pleads.

 

"Hey, no more swindling. You promised that."

 

"I promise." Sehun nods.

 

"Just one seed then." Hades agrees.

 

"Only one? That's just a month." Sehun complains.

 

"You'll be busy in camp once you return so one month will be more than enough. You'll see me there, I'll take Kris sometimes too." Persephone says.

 

"Whenever I'm at Olympus, I'll let you know." Hades assures.

 

"Thank you so much." Sehun gratefully smiles. He then heads to the kitchen for Kris.

 

"So instead of an apple, Snow White takes the pomegranate huh?" Kris muses.

 

"I can't thank you enough for making my stay here so worthwhile, Kris." Sehun says as he takes one seed.

 

"That's nothing, I'm glad I met you." Kris tells him.

 

Sehun swallows down the seed and smiles. "I'm glad I met you too."




 

The whole family accompanied Sehun up until the gates to where Charon was waiting. He hugs Hades while Persephone gives him a kiss on the cheek. It was hard to say goodbye to the hellhounds too. Noir didn't want to let him go at first.

 

Sehun didn't expect to see the demigods that were waiting for him by the gates.

 

"Do you know them?" Kris asks when he sees Sehun's somewhat confused and disappointed expression.

 

It could have been Donghae, Baekhyun, Chanyeol or even Jongin but instead they sent Jiyong and Top. Sehun still recalls how bad his first meeting was.

 

"I know them." Sehun sighs. "They're the ones that tried to take me when Jongin still had his mission."

 

"Sons of Hermes." Hades acknowledges. "Be sure to get him back safely. If he gets even a single scratch or if you two try to attempt anything, you'll be dealing with me." he threatens.

 

"Yes sir." the two nod.

 

Throughout his whole stay, he never saw Hades looking this scary. Sehun smiles and says goodbye once again.

 

"Send me letters Snow White, but not like the one you sent Jongin. Okay?" Kris teases.

 

"Oh I think I'll send you one." Sehun jokes before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

 

"Save those for Jongin, you brat." Kris pinches his ear. "Have a safe trip."

 

The boat ride back to camp was quiet. Sehun didn't talk to the two since he has no plans on catching up with them. He can tell that they want to ask him a lot of questions though.

 

"One question each, then I'm done entertaining you." he says.

 

Jiyong and Top both eye him curiously. "What's the difference between ing in the normal world and the Underworld?" Jiyong asks before they both burst out in laughter.

 

"Who did you seduce first? Hades or his son?" Top follows.

 

Sehun looks unamused as the two continue to laugh. "Your dad." he says which made the two glare at him to which he only smiles in return.

 

Soon enough, the place finally starts to get familiar. He takes a deep breath. He's finally back at camp.

 

"You have a meeting with your mother after lunch." Jiyong says as the boat stops by the riverside.

 

"Too soon," Sehun mutters under his breath as he climbs out of the boat.

 

He hasn't even fully breathed in the fresh air at camp when he was suddenly crushed in a warm embrace.

 

"I missed you so much you little baby! I waited everyday for you!"

 

Sehun smiles. "I missed you too Donghae."

 

When Donghae loosens the hug, he sees Chanyeol and Baekhyun as well. He greets them with a smile.

 

"We have so much to catch up on. I have so much to tell you. You better tell me everything that happened to you in there." Donghae rambles.

 

"You wouldn't believe it Donghae. Uncle Hades is an amazing guy and Aunt Per--" he suddenly stops.

 

"Sehun? Hey--oh," Donghae realizes that Jongin just arrived and Sehun already saw him.

 

Donghae rolls his eyes before shoving Sehun towards Jongin's direction. Sehun nearly stumbles in front of the son of the god of war.

 

"Hey…" Sehun smiles at him.

 

Jongin doesn't react immediately. Sehun feels like he's about to blush with just the way that Jongin is looking at him.

 

Jongin finally looks into Sehun's eyes and when he does, Sehun nearly swoons.

 

"Welcome back."


 

---

The story with the whole pomegranate seeds is based on Hades and Persephone's story. You can search about it if you're intrigued~
And finally!!! SeKai meet again but this time they'll have to deal with Ares and Aphrodite's schemes.
How will Sehun and Jongin react once they found out that Ares is still hung up on Aphrodite?