Chapter 5

You Against Pearl, Gold, Money, and Kimchi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bian Bofan finally arrived in front of his old home, the Taohuayuan, in a manner his grandmother would be wary and annoyed. He kept on honking until one of the guards finally opened the gates. He was surprised that his presence was not questioned nor did they ask to roll down his windows, but then he remembered that his mother would have notified the guards that it was Bian Bofan with his continuous honking. Not that he cared if Wu Jiaheng would give him a good scolding later. He finally entered the gates with his Bugatti Veyron (in which Bofan hurriedly ordered his assistant to buy the vehicle and fetch him from Nantong Xindong Airport the very moment his foot step outside his own private jet), and he excitedly acted like a tour guide for his fiancée Li Mei.

The oldest child of the Bian family knew the consequences of bringing his significant other in a family event, but how could he tell his entire family clan about the girl he had come to love and cherished in five years if he will not introduce her personally to all of them? After proposing in Hong Kong, he concluded that it was the perfect time for his family to know about his soon to be wife. However, Bofan prepared for the worst already as he proposed in another country and that he

He at least had the conscience to introduce his fiancée to them.

Li Mei, just like Bian Bofan, came from a family whose background developed new hardware for computers and smartphones. Her family was also one of the biggest stockholders of Bofan’s company in Hong Kong. She caught Bofan’s attention as she was as knowledgeable as him, and that her personality was down to earth.

Li Mei was silently appreciating the beautiful Cherry Blossoms planted in the driveway (or was it garden? Li Mei didn’t know as they were driving for almost thirty minutes already. It was too big to be both a driveway and a garden anyways) until she spotted a palace-like structure from the distance.

“Love,” Li Mei whispered as she tugged on to Bofan’s white Miguel Caballero polo to get his attention. Her eyes were focused on the traditional-royal like house at the distance, admiring the architecture. Bofan missed how her eyes were also a mixed of confusion and fear, despite the admiration.

Bofan hummed, driving slowly now as the road was slowly steeping. Finally, the Taohuauyan was in sight!

“Is-is that your home?” She asked, awe was evident in her face and in her tone of voice.

Bofan smiled, “No, it is my Nai Nai’s!” Li Mei looked at him with confusion. Then he remembered-Li Mei could only understand Cantonese.

“Ah, sorry, I mean Ah Ma. It’s my Ah Ma’s. I used to live here though. Lovely, isn’t it?”

Li Mei’s eyes went wide. Even from afar, she could see how big the house was. It was just like of a castle from the Qing dynasty with the exception of using the shades of black and white as its exterior color. The imperial house was also modified into bits of modern architecture, with the evidence of beautiful glass slides, but majority looked quite antique. Not that Li Mei was complaining-no, she could not even dare to complain! The house was basically a modern palace. How was she not able to know that such gem still existed?

Bofan held her hand tightly. Li Mei looked at her fiancé, and she saw how his face contorted into something she deciphered as worry, and she realized how wet and cold his palm and fingers were.

“I hope that all throughout your stay with me, you would not change your view of me. Just believe in me when I tell you the words ‘I love you,’ and that I am willing to marry you no matter what happens.”

 

Shixun decided his free day to roam around and spoil himself with new Balenciaga shoes. He remembered that those sock shoes were the trend, and being a fashionista by heart he admits, Shixun wanted one for himself as well. As he entered, he took fancy of the minimalist setting of the luxurious shop. Within five seconds, a familiar guy came up to him. Shixun smiled, nodding in acknowledgement.

“It has been a long time, Mr. Wu. Care to look at our latest collection? We currently-” The young clerk was stopped abruptly when Shixun raised his hand.

“No, Sicheng, I am not interested right now with the latest collection,” as soon as Shixun said those words, the young Sicheng raised his eyebrows slightly. However, the shock on his face was fairly evident. Shixun wanted to laugh, was he known as the customer who only visits whenever there were new collections? Well, he never visits the store if not for the latest runway clothing.

The young clerk stammered before clearing his throat. “If-if that’s the case, Mr. Wu, might as well assist you in whatever takes your fancy…?”

“To be honest, I just want to treat myself with some new Balenciaga sock shoes. Preferably the black and white ones. Size eleven, Sicheng. You know what to do. I will be waiting here.”

“Alright, sir. Please, take a seat.”

As Sicheng left, Shixun decided to sit down and rest his feet. Beside his seat, He took notice of the fur coat that was worn by the marbled mannequin and was surprised at how soft the material was. He admired the color of the hazelnut brown transitioning to black. It must have been made from high quality fox fur. Not that he was well-rounded of what kind of fox it was. So long as he liked the item, he had to buy it.

But then he had to wait for Sicheng.

Shixun took out his phone, and he occupied himself by going to Weibo. Unlike his older brother, he loved gathering sources from all social classes. He also loved how some of the threads were theorizing what the aristocrats like him do for a living, thinking how most of them are connected to the black market.

They were not wrong, per se, but most of them were selling bulks of rare stones, stolen art, and drugs. The aristocrats were usually not part of the darker side… They were for the es anyways. His family, the Wu’s, were known to collect precious rare stones. His late grandfather, used to be a part of a drug syndicate, and he used all of his money to buy the rarest of all the rarest stones one could find, and he would present this as a gift to his grandmother. As a tradition, his grandmother and all the women in the Wu, Bian, and Zhang family clan have been collecting these stones.

As he was scrolling in Weibo, he saw a thread of a new Korean model on the current hot wave of weibo. There were also some small thread about that model who was rumored to be in a relationship with a Chinese bachelor, but Shixun was not interested in that. What caught his eyes was how Boxian’s small fanbase (well, not entirely small as they were all in all more than ten thousand women) had his schedule. How was that even possible? Intrigued and curious, he decided to see what the thread was all about.

 

[HOT]: BIAN BOXIAN ABOUT TO RETURN TO MAINLAND CHINA AFTER 10 YEARS

 

According to my sources, I have found out that Boxian was about to return to China. For what reason, that I am not so sure of. What is more intriguing is that after his hiatus as a young fashion designer, he secretly opened a Chinese high-end fashion brand. I’m still looking as to what the name is. Also, it is rumored that he is about to bring his special someone. I can’t believe how years of silence from Boxian, this is how he would make an entrance!

 

[+200, -89] boxian??? like the bian boxian??? that guy??? wu yifan’s cousin???

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter