4. The Truth Behind The Smiles

The Fits and Misfits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4. The Truth Behind The Smiles

 

The next day in school, Joohyun was walking to school before Eun Woo caught up on her. "Noona!" Eun Woo called out.

Joohyun turned and he was beside her, panting while smiling like a small kid. "What?" She asked.

"Oh- nothing much but just wanted someone to walk with to school." Eun Woo said.

Joohyun nodded her head. "Why are you calling me noona anyway?" Joohyun asked.

"Oh- cause you're one day older than me. You're okay with it right?" Eun Woo replied.

Joohyun shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know if we're close enough for you to be calling me that." Joohyun said.

There was a pause of silence. Joohyun felt bad for saying those words to him, it felt as if Eun Woo took it to heart. "I mean.. just do whatever you want to do. I don't really mind." Joohyun added on.

Eun Woo nodded his head. "Noona... you know you can be intimidating sometimes, right?" Eun Woo said casually.

"I know. Everyone tells me about that. Even my family does." Joohyun said.

"Are you always like this?" Eun Woo asked.

"I guess so." Joohyun replied as she stuck her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

Just then, Taehyung walked towards the both of them and went beside Joohyun. Both of them looked at him.

"Oh- hey Taehyung!" Eun Woo greeted.

Taehyung nodded his head while maintaining his poker face.

"Or maybe not today.." Eun Woo mumbled to himself.

 

They went to the first lecture of the first day and Eun Woo went to Sanha while Joohyun went to sat at the right corner of the lecture room. Taehyung sat beside her. "You don't mind right?" Taehyung said.

Joohyun looked at him and shook her head. "It's ok." She said.

It was another day of school, everyone seemed so happy in classes but to Joohyun, it was just another day of school, another day of shoving dry information and theorems into her brain. Joohyun scanned around the class. She spotted a familiar girl at the front of the lecture room whom then turned back to look at Joohyun. 

It was that girl. The girl that gossiped the most around in class. From the commotions over the past 2 days, Joohyun could remember the other girls calling her by the name of "Nayeon". *So.. she's Nayeon.* Joohyun thought to herself.

She then turned and saw Eun Woo being a social butterfly as he always is. He was talking to several people around the class, laughing and cracking up jokes. Everyone seemed to be super happy and hyped up whenever they are around with him. He seems like the happy pill in the class. 

Classes soon begun and the professor came in and begun his awfully-long lecture.

 

Classes ended and Joohyun was waiting for Seulgi in school to go for lunch. Her classmates walked past her, some of them stealing glances at her and she could felt Nayeon gossiping about her from far. Joohyun crossed her arms and scrolled through her phone out of boredom.

Just then, she heard several murmurs coming out from the male washroom across her. 

"Wow.. that Eun Woo is such a tryhard." One guy said, whom from what Joohyun could remember goes by the name of Donghyun.

"Now you know how hard was it for me to keep rejecting him nicely. Ugh, he annoys me so f***king much during orientation. It was even hard to pretend to be all good with him now in school." The other guy added on.

*Hanbin.* Joohyun thought. 

The guys continued complaining. Hanbin then said, "He doesn't know how stupid he looks trying to crack up jokes. He should be glad most of us gave him the face and laughed with him. Some of his jokes are so outdated and just plain corny and lame."

"He thinks he's all that and friendly, but he's just annoying. The only thing that could save him is his face, sadly to say. Well but then at least he might get some girls with that face..." Donghyun said as the guys started laughing.

*Wow.. it felt as if I was back at high school.* Joohyun thought before Seulgi suddenly grabbed her by her shoulders. 

"Yah! Joohyunnie! What are you doing? You seemed to be deep in thoughts." Seulgi said.

Joohyun sighed and shrugged her shoulders while pushing Seulgi's arms off her. "Nothing much. I was just thinking like how dramatic can people be in university. To this point, I'm not sure whether I enrolled back in high school or not." Joohyun replied.

"I freaking know right!" Seulgi agreed. "Some people in my course just irks me too. Backstabbing, gossiping.. Not sure if those can make them score As or get a decent GPA. Some people here just think getting into SNU can make them gods and goddesses." Seulgi added on.

"I know right." Joohyun said.

"Let's just eat at my school, I'm tired of your faculty's cafeteria already." Seulgi said as she pulled Joohyun to her faculty's cafeteria for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter