2. Our Own Bubble

The Fits and Misfits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. Our Own Bubble

 

It was the end of the 2 hours lecture, which seemed to be awfully long for the new freshmen of the Seoul National University. Joohyun picked up her bag and packed her books in while Eun Woo turned and diverted his attention away from his friends to Joohyun. 

"Hey, did I say something wrong just now? I'm sorry if I offended you but I meant no harm." Eun Woo said.

Joohyun looked at Eun Woo in an expressionless manner. She shook her head as she wore the tote bag on her shoulders and crossed her arms. "It's nothing." She replied and left the lecture room.

Eun Woo was flabbergasted by her coldness - she seemed to be uncomfortable talking to him most of the time. He sighed as he stood up and followed behind his friends.

"Yah, Eun Woo... do you like the girl beside you just now?" His friend asked.

Eun Woo widened his eyes in shock. "Wha-what the heck? Yah, Sanha, I was just casually striking up a conversation with her since she seemed to not know anyone in class." Eun Woo explained.

Sanha laughed. "Right.. Sure, you were being friendly as you always were." Sanha said sarcastically.

Eun Woo wrapped his arms forcefully at Sanha playfully. "Say it one more time and you'll be dead." He hissed.

Sanha laughed and his other friends started bursting into laughter and tears over their childishness.

 

Joohyun stood afar from them as she queued for food at the school canteen and shook her head. It was noisy and packed in the canteen - it was a total unpleasant environment to have her first lunch in school. Luckily Seulgi ran up towards her and greeted her loudly.

"Yah, Joohyun-ah!!!" Seulgi screamed.

Joohyun gasped in shock. "What?" Joohyun replied coldly.

Seulgi smirked. "Yah, don't give me your coldness here in school. You look really intimidating, do you know that?" Seulgi commented.

"Whatever." Joohyun replied.

Seulgi sighed and wrapped her arms around her close friend as they queued and got their food after awhile.

They carried the trays and scanned around the cafeteria. There were not many seats left empty in the cafeteria at this hour and the cafeteria reeked the smell of new freshmen in school. Joohyun spotted a few seats over at the right corner of the cafeteria, where only one guy was sitting and eating his food. The guy seemed awfully familiar to Joohyun though as they walked towards the slightly-emptier table.

It was the guy from the lecture earlier on. The guy who did not go for the orientation as well. The guy that many girls was drooling over. The "face genius" of the class earlier on.

Joohyun looked at him as they sat down on the table where the guy turned and caught Joohyun's glaze. Joohyun turned away immediately as she faced back at Seulgi.

"Do you know him?" Seulgi whispered to her.

Joohyun shook her head. "No. Not really." Joohyun replied.

Seulgi then leaned towards her and said, "You should introduce yourself to him. He's so good looking." 

Joohyun scoffed, "Right. You were saying that good looking man are most likely up to no good a month ago." 

"Hey, I didn't meant all of the handsome guys out there. There are still exceptions." Seulgi replied.

Joohyun gave a sly smirk. "Alright, whatever you say, orange head." Joohyun joked.

"Yah, everyone was complimenting my hair colour today, alright?" Seulgi bragged.

"Sure they did.. because it was totally an embarrassment." Joohyun teased Seulgi.

Seulgi rolled her eyes in disgust. "Whatever, cold princess." Seulgi said.

Joohyun turned over to the guy again and their eyes met again. Joohyun turned back immediately in embarrassment.

 

Seulgi and Joohyun separated their ways and Irene headed for her next lecture. She entered the lecture room and she was indeed on-time again and that meant the lecture room was almost packed with everyone in the class. There were empty seats though, only at the row where the quiet mysterious guy was seated at, or named as the 'face genius' as what people described him as.

Joohyun walked down and looked around the lecture room - there were empty seats but they were those in between different cliques of the coursemates which is probably the seats of awkwardness. Joohyun turned to the 'face genius' as he looked at her back and then stood up and moved in to the far end of the row of seats. 

That was a sweet gesture.

Joohyun forced a smile as she sat on the seat before Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter