7. The Outcasts

The Fits and Misfits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7. The Outcasts

 

The lecture after lunch was their final lecture for the day, making fridays the shortest day of the week for school. Joohyun and Taehyung parted ways from Seulgi and headed to the next lecture venue.

They entered the lecture room early again, as if it was a trend for Joohyun to arrive for lecture earlier than everybody else. They took the seats at the right corner of the back of the lecture room and sat silently. Both of them minded their own businesses as they used their phones like a modern youth in this digital age. As time passes by, more people entered the lecture room and the room was packed within minutes. 

Donghyun and Hanbin entered the room and Joohyun could hear them mumbling about Eun Woo again. Joohyun rolled her eyes upon looking at them as she simply could not stand their horrible behaviour. 

"Yah Sanha, don't you think Eun Woo is abit of a tryhard?" Donghyun asked.

Hanbin then nudged Donghyun and gave him a frustrated look.

Sanha was confused by Donghyun's question. "Wh-what? Why do you think that way?" Sanha asked back.

"Don't you think like he's trying hard to be cool and hip in front of everybody else?" Donghyun said. "I'm just saying, that's what I genuinely felt. Even Hanbin too." Donghyun said, trying to convince Sanha about their opinion on Eun Woo.

Donghyun then snapped his fingers at another guy beside him. "Hey Jaehyun, you tell Sanha. Don't you think he's a bit extra, noisy and attention-seeking sometimes? Sure it might come across as friendly but sometimes he's just annoying, don't you think so?" Donghyun asked.

Jaehyun looked at Donghyun in a fearful manner and slowly nodded his head.

Donghyun smirked. "See I ain't kidding you. A lot of us are feeling that way about him. We're just telling you because we're just concerned about you and just wanted to let you know about what we really feel about him." Donghyun said.

Sanha was confused by Donghyun's words as he forced a smile at him. He was not sure how to react or respond to what Donghyun had just said about Eun Woo to him. In Sanha's opinion, Eun Woo was his first and closest friend he had made upon entering Seoul National University. His mind was now at lost with Donghyun's contradictions about Eun Woo. He was not sure whether he felt the same as them.

Donghyun's conversation with Sanha about Eun Woo caught attention from the rest of the class since Donghyun was well-known to have a loud voice in class. Eun Woo came to the lecture room shortly after and everyone turned their heads to him.

Eun Woo stared at everyone in a confused and puzzled manner as he looked around the lecture room. It was packed. He searched for Sanha but he was trapped in between Donghyun and Hanbin. It was awkward for Eun Woo to face them or even to engage in a conversation with them. He then saw Joohyun and Taehyung sitting at another corner of the lecture room and headed towards them.

 

"No one is sitting here, right?" Eun Woo asked.

Joohyun nodded her head and Eun Woo smiled and sat beside her. Joohyun was now sitting between the two face geniuses of the class, however she maintained her poker face despite several girls turning to look at her in envy and hatred. 

*Wow what a sight. Two face geniuses sitting together with a pretty girl. That looks like a masterpiece." One girl commented.

*Hey do you agree with what Donghyun said?* One girl asked her friend.

"Yeah, now that I think about it. He's pretty attention-seeking. He is actually annoying sometimes." her friend replied.

"Oh remember what that time in orientation, he started cheering so loudly out of nowhere. Donghyun told me about it and that honestly is so annoying and no one asked for that attention-seeking behaviour." Another person said.

Eun Woo looked confusingly around the class as he could feel people talking about him all over the lecture room. There were occasional glances and peeks at him all over the class and Donghyun and Hanbin was grinning in delight at the gossips circulating around the class.

Joohyun turned her head slightly and glanced at Donghyun and Hanbin in disgust. *What s.* Joohyun thought to herself.

The person infront of them turned and looked at Eun Woo briefly before Taehyung stared at them deadly.

"There's nothing interesting at here, what the f*** are you looking at, mind you own f***king business." Taehyung cursed which shocked both Joohyun and Eun Woo. The person immediately turned back while his friend w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter