1. The First Lecture

The Fits and Misfits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 The First Day

Summer is about to end. That means another school year has begun.

The 20 years old Joohyun is like any other person entering University, excited yet nervous for the first day. She woke up and got dressed in a simple lavender t-shirt tucked into a black denim skirt. She wore simple sneakers and grabbed her tote bag out. There wasn't much to bring to school on the first day anyway, as she thought. 

"At least have something before you go!" Her mother yelled.

Joohyun shook her head and replied, "It's okay, you know I don't eat breakfast. Besides, I'm already running late!" Irene left hurriedly as it wouldn't be nice to be late on the first lecture on the first day of school.

 

School was just another phase in her life to get closer to her career as a Chemical Engineer. Like everyone else, she was fooled into thinking Chemical Engineering would be related to Chemistry which was not the case since it was mainly physics and mathematics. Nonetheless, her passion for Chemistry might help her in studying Chemical Engineering, as she thought.

She boarded the train to Seoul National University - one of the prestigious universities in South Korea. The train was packed as usual for the monday morning crowd.

There were new faces all over the train. Some of them she could spot in the train were university students as well as she guessed. Joohyun sighed as she took her phone out and plugged in her earphones and played her favourite music on her way to school.

 

Earphones and music was Joohyun's basic neccessities in travelling. She walks around and takes buses or trains with them on, mainly because it felt like as if she was in her own bubble with music playing in her ears and it saves the unnecessary hassle of having to engage in conversations with random strangers out in the public.

After a while of travelling, she reached the university and headed to the lecture room. It was a tough 10 minutes of navigation for her as she was not used to the campus map and the campus seemed alien to her as she had only visited the campus twice before today - one was during the open house where she visited with her friend and the other was to submit some documents to the administrative office for her administration. 

Joohyun entered the lecture room to be greeted with loud commotions all over the room. Everyone was all seated in groups and cliques of their room all over the lecture room. Irene bit her lips as she scanned around the room and got a seat on an empty row on the left side of the lecture room.

She still had her earphones on as she walked down and from the corner of her eyes she could sense people eyeing her all over. It was uncomfortable but she did not bothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter