Why do you love the dusk?

Like a Princess

“Princess Bae...” – Wendy called her carefully. Why you are like this? The other girl didn’t even move, her eyes fixed on the sky.

“Irene...” – The girl who was blonde tried again. Yesterday the princess dyed Wendy’s hair with a dark brown color as punishment. Yet Irene did not answer her maid, but her lips were showing a playful smile for annoying her favorite servant.

“Joohyun!” – Wendy said with an exasperated tone. – “Your father, the King, is calling you for a highly important meeting... Please Hyun-ah, let’s go!”

Listening to her name said by such a sweet voice, the princess replied:

“You know I’m waiting the sun goes down Wan-ah!” - Her dark eyes were like an open door to the night sky, beautiful but unattainable. – “Wait a little more...”

Wendy could not refuse a request from the princess, even if it was a direct order from the king.

Why do you love the dusk?” – Wendy sat next to Irene, thinking aloud, realizing she'd said when she saw the princess's eyes shining as she tilted her head to think. Before she could say anything, Irene said:

“I always liked the sky ... mnhn ...” – Irene sat ruminating. – “Do you remember the day we met? Your mother made you to continue playing with me, and we were running ...”

“Correction! YOU were chasing me while threatened me with red bean ice cream.” – Wendy interrupted her, smiling at the memory Irene curiously revived with some less detail.

“Anyways!” – The princess reflied huffing. – “We were running, and I fell, my knees got hurt and I was edging tears. You came back to me and hugged me tightly. The sun were going down. And from that moment I began, not to just like but to love the sky, especially the dusk...”

Wendy’s cheeks were in flames, she didn't thought that Irene could be so sweet. Her heart was racing in her chest.

“J-joohyun...” – The now brunnete girl began to say but stopped when she saw the princess' face, it was far different from sweet, she was devilish smirking, and with this Wendy became redder. 

“It's this kind of thing you want me to say Wan-ah?” – Irene laughed, starting low as a sob and then loud, like a dolphin. – “You are so silly! I love you the most because you’re the easiest to fool.”

The sky lost all shades of orange and became darker.

“Time to go Wan-ah! You know you can’t make my father wait!” – Irene said while getting up abruptly, running back to the castle, leaving a stunned Wendy behind.

How this kid is three years older than me? Wendy thought with herself. I swear, someday she will make me lose my mind. With that the poor girl went after the princess. Is always like this.

The meeting with the King was really importante, it was perceived by the presence of the high classes of society, including colonels and merchants, all dressed opulently. The King paced impatiently across the room, greeting everyone diligently as he waited for his daughter.

The arrival of The Princess Bae was always a whole event, first the chatting and conversations diminished until you heard nothing but breaths trapped and the breeze between people, then began a wave of bows and reverences, and, to finish, a war was started to greet the princess personally.

“I heard that once a fabric seller lost an eye while trying to reach the princess passing between the legs of the crowd.” - Someone said whispering too loud.

Irene laughed at the image.

“It didn't happen, did it Joohyun?” - Wendy said worriedly. Irene softened as she looked at the girl looking like a hamster that was working hard to stopped some hands to reach her princess.

“Possibly.” - The princess stated playfully.

“You are late Irene!”The King’s voice thundered through the hall.

“I’m truly sorry. But in my defense, I was looking for my best dress to match the importance of the event.” - The princess said in such an innocent tone that anyone else would have apologized for making her apologize. But her father knew her better.

“Do you even know what about is this meeting?”The King Bae was deadly serious, with lips flattened and fists closed.

“Do you know?” – With a small voice Irene asked Wendy that was also unawered.

“Today, I, King Bae of Elle Mound, announce the future husband of my daughter, Prince Lee Chunghee of Othejor. With this marriage, our kingdoms will be united in prosperity, with our markets open to the seaports of Othejor.” - The king's voice resounded magnanimously, everyone applauded fervently, and then the conversations became even more enthusiastic. The only ones with no enthusiasm were Irene and Wendy, both were stunned and voiceless.

“It can’t be” – The princess said with tears threatening to fall.

It can’t be. Wendy thought along. I can’t lose her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I KNOW I SAID THAT THIS CHAPTER WOULD BE BIGGER, AND IT IS, BUT IT'S JUST A LITTLE LOL. I HAVE THE FEELING THAT HISTORY IS MOVING TOO SLOWLY, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

NOTA DEL AUTOR: SÉ QUE DIJE QUE ESTE CAPÍTULO SERÍA MÁS GRANDE, Y LO ES, PERO ES SOLO UN POCO JAJAJA. TENGO LA SENSACIÓN DE QUE LA HISTORIA SE MUEVE DEMASIADO LENTO, ¿QUÉ PIENSAS?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------