Chapter 5

Against All Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaewon’s POV

 

“We need to talk.”

 

A conversation which starts that way could only end in a bad way. These past few weeks had been difficult. I didn’t know what caused me to feel that way but I just felt that something was very wrong. Jennie had been distant since I left her in the party. And at first, I thought that she was just mad at me for doing it. But this was something else.

 

We were parked outside her house when she spoke those words. I was cautious. I wasn’t quite sure if I should respond. I just waited for her to continue.

 

She was staring on her lap. Her were intertwined. Her legs were restless.

 

“Oppa. I’m so sorry. I got drunk during the party and I kissed Hanbin. I cheated on you. I’m so sorry.” She blurted out.

 

I was getting dizzy. I tried to comprehend what she just said. Drunk. Kissed. Hanbin. Cheated.

 

Drunk. Kissed. Hanbin. Cheated.

 

Those words repeated in my mind—over and over again.

 

I felt my heart dropped to my stomach. I felt all kinds of emotions—I was mad… sad… heartbroken.

 

I tried to look at Jennie but looking at her hurts so much. I could see from my peripheral vision that she’s crying. For a moment, my heart hurts for her as well.

 

Why does it have to happen? And why does it have to be my bestfriend?

 

Is this what I deserve for hurting him in the first place?

 

Flashback

 

It was my first week back in Korea after living in the US for 10 years. I didn’t know anyone but I was always interested in Korean music that I asked my parents if I could just study in Korea for uni. With their support, I even got into the university with the best music program. In my few days in Korea, I already heard rumors that I was going to be in the same program as one of the youngest chart-topping music producer. I even listened to his soundcloud and instantly became a fan. On the first day of class, I immediately looked for him. I wanted to be friends with such a talented person.

 

“You’re B.I! You’re the genius producer I heard the admitting committee were talking about!” I said as I shamelessly took his hand and shook it. I forgot that this wasn’t America and there was an obvious difference in culture. I saw him slightly taken aback with my shamelessness so I let go of his hand.

 

“I’m sorry. I sometimes forget that I’m no longer in the US. I’m Jung Jaewon, by the way. I’m sorry if I came a bit strong. It’s just that I’m such a big fan of your work. I listened to all your song in soundcloud! They’re all amazing! Honestly, we have similar taste in music and it would be an honor if I can work with you.” I fanboyed full on.

 

I saw him turn red and that’s how I knew that I crossed the line. I stopped acting like a groupie.

 

“Sorry. I know it’s a bit too much but I’m just a fan.” I added.

 

“It’s okay, bro. It’s just that I’m not used to people recognizing me immediately. I like just staying in the shadows. And my name’s Kim Hanbin. B.I is just my producer name,” Kim Hanbin said, still a bit red from all that I said. “And since we’re classmates, I guess I can listen to your work as well…”

 

It didn’t take long for us to grow closer. After class, we would hang out in the studio and make music together. I also got to li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter