Chapter 3

Against All Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie’s POV

I successfully avoided Hanbin for two weeks. It really helped that everyone had gotten busier with school work as it was nearly examination week and that I had a different major than he had. Jaewon had to come all the way from the music building to the fashion building just to see me because I used “I’m never gonna walk that far while wearing my favorite heels” excuse.

 

Every night, I found myself crying over the guilt. I tried to reason out that we were just drunk and that it was just a onetime thing anyway. But as soon as I fall asleep, I dream about our childhood and how much I have loved him since we were little. As soon as I wake up and I would cry again because I knew that I enjoyed the kissed as much as I wanted to deny it.

 

I’ve been stressing over the incident since it happened and after 2 weeks, it finally got into me. I woke up with a head splitting headache and sore throat. I was about to take a bath when I noticed that I was red all over. I touched my forehead with my palm and realized that I had a fever. I returned back to my bed and crawled under the covers. It wasn’t long after that I slipped back to sleep.

 

I woke up in a different room and was about to panic when I saw Jisoo crying while holding my hand. I was a bit confused because Jisoo wasn’t the type to cry easily so I knew something was wrong.

 

“Yah!!! Jennie Kim!!! You scared me!” She yelled as she tried to stop herself from crying more.

 

“What happened?” I asked but it came out hoarser than I thought. My mouth tasted weird and my throat hurts so much. I saw my brother enter the room with a scowl on his face. He was the type of brother who was always playing pranks and smiling until his eyes are as small as a bean.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were feeling unwell? Mom and dad will kill me if I tell them Jisoo and Hanbin saw you in your room half dead! God! I’m such a bad brother! What would have happened if Hanbin didn’t carry you out of there?” Bobby angrily said. That was then when I realized the needle sticking on my arm. I was at the hospital.

 

“Yah! Bobby! Jisoo! Can’t you tell that she’s weak and tired? Just let her rest at the moment. Save your speeches when she’s well enough.” I heard Hanbin say. He was sitting on the couch on the far end of the room. He looked sick himself. He had gotten skinnier than the last time I saw him and his eyebags had gotten bigger. The fact that he was here made me realize something.

 

“Jaewon.” I muttered.

 

“Sweetie, they had a scheduled exam today. I tried to call you several times but you weren’t answering and I got worried. I asked Hanbin to drive me to your hous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter