Chapter 4

Against All Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie’s POV

 

“Hey, I bought you more food. You should really eat more. It hasn’t been long since you got discharged from the hospital, you know.” my bestfriend as she opened 4 takeout boxes in front of me. I didn’t have appetite to eat, but I feigned a smile and forced myself to eat food. 

 

I thought that after a few days in the hospital would cure whatever I was feeling but it certainly didn’t. With everyone there—including my boyfriend and Kim Hanbin, I felt even more sick that I requested to just be discharged from the hospital. I hated the fact that I couldn’t even talk to anyone with how I was feeling because clearly, I was the bad guy in this story.

 

I shouldn’t have done it. The guilt was still slowly killing me.

 

“Jen, remember that you’re the sister I never had and even if you’re not saying anything, I know you’re going through something. Just know that when you’re ready to finally talk about it, I’ll be here ready to listen, okay?” Jisoo said as she watched me stuff food in my mouth. I was busy forcing food down my throat that I forgot that she was watching me the whole time. I swallowed my food before I answered.

 

“How?” I asked. I couldn’t even form better sentences right now. I was just overwhelmed with the fact that my bestfriend knew that something was wrong with me.

 

“You look like you’re going to burst into tears every time. It started the day after my brother brought you in drunk.” She said as she held my hand. That was the trigger—her hand in mine. It was like her touch was a switch to the dam called my eyes and instantly, tears come pouring out.

 

“Jichu! I’m a bad person! I kissed your brother! I shouldn’t have done it! I’m a cheater!” I couldn’t even continue speaking. I was crying  so much as my bestfriend calm me by my hair.

 

“Just let it all out, Jen. When you’re done, tell me the details and I’ll help you figure this all out, okay?” Jisoo said as she continued comforting me. I always thought that she would have been mad at me for kissing her brother. The fact that she’s so calm gave me so much comfort.

 

I cried until I had no tears left. Jisoo just hugged me the whole time and I’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter