Chapter 1

Against All Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie’s POV

 

“Good Morning Jennie.” Everybody greeted as I walked on the halls of our university.

 

 

Yes, I couldn’t deny that I’ve always been the popular one. I mean, how could I not be popular? My parents are on the board of trustees. My brother is a GOD, every girl wants to be with him and all the guys want to be him. My boyfriend is a sweetheart that all the girls are so envious of the attention he gives to me.

 

 

“Hi babe.” My boyfriend said before he leaned down and kissed me on the lips.

 

 

I could hear some screams of guys as their girlfriends slap them on their backs, wondering why they aren’t as sweet as my boyfriend.

 

 

“Jaewon, I told you, no PDA. Those boys getting more and more bruises because of you.” I said while playfully slapping him in the shoulders.

 

 

“Now, I can’t be sweet to my girlfriend?” Jaewon said, with a hurt expression on his face.

 

 

Even though I have this feeling that he’s faking it, I still gave my boyfriend a hug to say sorry for slapping him. After all, when I say “playful slap” it includes a bruise that would last for a few days.

 

 

While I was enjoying the hug I gave my boyfriend, I heard someone clear his voice. Without even turning around to face that person, I knew who it is.

 

 

“Awww… how sweet. It’s so sweet that I want to puke. Seriously Won, you’re becoming soft.” Hanbin sarcastically said.

 

 

My boyfriend just laughed and replied coolly, “Bin, why don’t you get a girlfriend, and you’ll know how I feel.”

 

 

Jaewon let go of me and I turned around just in time to see Hanbin looking appalled.

 

 

“No. There’s a BIG error in the statement you said, man. Bin and girlfriend can’t be used in the same sentence. Face it Won, I don’t date girls, I only sleep with them… well, not really sleep… because when I’m with them, they don’t really get any sleep.”

 

I don’t know why but I felt a pinch in my heart as Hanbin said it. We grew up together and his sister’s my bestfriend. He wasn’t always like this. I have to admit that there was a part of me that hoped that we would end up together but I met Jaewon. Hanbin changed so much in a span of a year — from someone who didn’t even date for the first 20 years of his life to someone who slept around. It’s just heartbreaking to see him this way. 

 

I looked at him with fake disgust. I faced my boyfriend as asking him, “Why are you friends with this imbecile, who doesn’t think about anything but , again?”

 

 

But, my boyfriend just ignored me and continued talking to his bestfriend.

 

 

“Hanbin, someday, you’ll understand.”

 

 

-------------------------------

 

“Jaewon, are you sure this is good idea?” I asked my boyfriend for the nth time.

 

 

“Jennie, we’re like the IT couple--- the GOLDEN couple. Of course, we should make an appearance in such an event.” My boyfriend said as he practically dragged me towards a huge house.

 

 

Even from the outside, I could hear the loud music and people exchanging curses. 

 

 

It was as if he didn’t hear anything for he just opened the door.

 

 

I couldn’t believe what I’m looking at right now. It was like a jungle, full of wild animals. Some may think that I’m a party girl because of  my love for fashion and because I’m popular but I’m actually a homebody.

 

 

Still standing on the doorstep, I felt getting dizzy because of the smell of alcohol. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter