Are you flirting with me?

Bother Brother

V


 

 

Jongin thought that the lunch hall was always crowded and noisy. Lately, it felt smaller since Kyungsoo had been eating on the same table with Sohyun and their friends. After that stormy night however, his relationship with Kyungsoo had been becoming friendlier.  They would greet each other on hallway and they even text.

“You’re awfully giddy, lately.” Yixing observed as he was eating his sandwich.

Jongin was texting Kyungsoo, not hearing what his friend said. He looked at Kyungsoo’s table as the younger was texting him his reply. When he received the text, he smiled as Kyungsoo used an emoji.

“You like Kyungsoo, don’t you?” This time, Jongin heard Yixing. Jongin nodded, seeing as there is no excuse that Yixing would believe in, and he’s a bad liar while Yixing was quite observant to people which is not a good combination if he wanted to deny it. The thing was though; he did not want to deny it. It’s like he’s proud of liking Kyungsoo. He might have even made it too obvious for Jinwoo when Kyungsoo was in their house. It’s scary to Jongin how much his like for Kyungsoo increased when he found out he was dating his sister. Maybe though, he had always really liked Kyungsoo and the thought that he was already with someone made him realized it unconsciously.

“Well, good luck to you I guess?” Yixing said, unsure.

Jongin chuckled. It’s not like he was planning to steal Kyungsoo from Sohyun. He just revelled in his newfound closeness with him. They’re no longer strangers, acquaintance, or in an unsure dislike territory. They are now friendly with each other. Jongin would like to maintain that more than anything. When Jongin sent his reply, he looked at Kyungsoo’s table to see that Kyungsoo was also looking at him. The two boys smiled at each other.

 

“How did you first notice Kyungsoo?” Jongin randomly asked Sohyun one afternoon. She was on the floor doing her homework while he was on the sofa playing a phone game to pass time.

               “Why are you asking about Kyungsoo again?” Her eyes fell to him.

               Jongin shrugged.

               “I’m just curious. Come on, humour me.”

Sohyun sighed, putting her pen down.

               “I was feeling down walking home from school while trying not to cry since I had failed an exam, and then I saw Kyungsoo. He was comforting this kid who was crying because he fell down and had bruised knees.” Sohyun smiled.  “Who would have thought that such a serious guy like him would be keeping pororo Band-Aids on his bag?  Just the sight of him putting band-aid on that boy brightened my mood. Since then, he had been on my radar until I liked him more and more. Whenever I feel down, I just keep on remembering how dependable Kyungsoo look at that time and I feel better.”

Sohyun blushed hard. “Don’t tease me and say it’s cheesy. That’s what I felt”

Sohyun threw him a crumpled paper that hit spot-on on his forehead.  

Jongin did not thought she was cheesy at all, he even felt bad since it looked like he was the shallow one between the two of them. He had only first noticed Kyungsoo since he thought he was hot, and his looked good while he was trying to reach a book on the top shelf when he first saw him. It was a very nice though, Jongin would say in his defense.

 

 

+++

Yerim was smirking at him as if he she had perfected an exam he failed. It gave Kyungsoo the creeps.  There wasn’t any recent exam that they had taken and if there was, he will not score lower than her, over his dead body.

“Stop looking at me” He said flatly.

Yerim’s eyes fluttered, smirking deeper.

“Don’t you think Jongin is hot?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. He found no reason as to why he needs this piece of information coming from Yerim of all people.

Yerim was still looking at him. She lowered her gazed.

“I see that you’ve been looking at him at lunch. You were not subtle texting him. Even Sohyun knows that.” Yerim whispered as if it was a secret. It wasn’t secret thought which made Kyungsoo annoyed. Why would he hide the fact that he’s texting Jongin? Yeah, Jongin could be embarrassing sometimes for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo would admit though that he had judged the elder wrong. He was nice, and he had that charming boyish smile.

“You’re blushing.” Yerim pointed out.

“I am not. I don’t blush” Kyungsoo denied, rolling his eyes. Yerim was extra exasperating that day.

Kyungsoo thanked god that their teacher went inside the room. Talking to Yerim was torture for him. Yerim was tolerable when there’s class because that was the only time she ever shuts up . Why would he blush over Jongin? Yerim was totally not making any sense.

 

“So Kyungsoo , you did not answer me earlier” Yerim said in front of his desk. It was after school already and Yerim does not usually go there, but here she was asking for answers. Kyungsoo was not obligated to answer her, so he ignored her as he sorted the books that had just been returned by borrowers.

Yerim eyed him.

“Minseok!” Yerim exclaimed as if she was not in the library. Minseok was on a nearby shelf returning some books. Kyungsoo thought that Yerim would already stop bothering him, but he was wrong.

“What do you think about Kyungsoo and Jongin together?” Yerim asked.

Minseok chuckled. “I think they would look cute.”

Kyungsoo was not expecting Minseok to take Yerim’s side, some friend he is.  Kyungsoo shushed the two because he had the right to and they are in a library. They should not be there teasing him. He already has a girlfriend and it’s Yerim’s friend, but she’s here teasing him with her brother.

“Well, just answer my question, Kyungsoo.” Yerim said. There’s a tilt on her head. This was really none of Yerim’s business, but Kyungsoo figure that this is about Sohyun.

“Well, sure. I think Jongin is hot, but that does not mean I-“

“You think I’m hot?” Jongin was there standing. Kyungsoo did not know for how long, but he was there and he heard what he said. From the looks of it, Yerim had also not noticed Jongin being there.  The two boys stared at each other.

“Uhhh I- that’s beside the point, Jongin.” Kyungsoo looked down, avoiding the elder’s gaze.

He’s too lazy to explain, not with Jongin smiling like an idiot in front of him. Why would he smile that wide from a compliment? He’s such a kid.

 

+++

Jongin felt so good.

“Hey, Kyungsoo thinks I’m hot.”  Jongin said to a random stranger when he walked home. The stranger looked at him weirdly, but Jongin didn’t care because Kyungsoo think he’s hot. Yeah, Kyungsoo thinks he’s hot. Never had he felt more handsome until then

“You seem to be on a good mood.” Jinwoo commented when they were eating their dinner. Sohyun looked at him.

Jongin smiled. “It’s nothing,” he dismissed.

Sohyun blinked then returned to her food. Jinwoo peered at him for a while before eating again.

He’s totally whipped, Kyungsoo just complimented him and he was overreacting. It’s as if Kyungsoo had already offered to be his boyfriend which is a far cry from him calling him hot. It didn’t matter though because Kyungsoo, to some degree, thought that that he was attractive. The possibility of them being together was not impossible. He should just make his intentions obvious now that Kyungsoo and Sohyun was still on their getting-to-know stage and not yet deeper. Jongin would feel guilty, but he wanted this. He wanted Kyungsoo. It was then or never.

Whenever he had a break, he would go straight to the library hoping to catch Kyungsoo there. Minseok would be there looking at him weirdly just standing there. They would smile at each other out of courtesy and his eyes would linger around to look for Kyungsoo . He knew Minseok could observe what he’s doing. He’s long over the subtlety stage.

“Why are you here?” Kyungsoo was cleaning his glasses with a cotton wipe when Jongin had found him.

“Hello Kyungsoo,” Jongin smiled giddily, happy he’s there. Kyungsoo positioned his glasses back to his eyes then looked at him. Jongin just stood there. Kyungsoo blinked. Jongin was just looking at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo had such a perfectly shaped nose. He had some moles on his face that he had not noticed before. His skin was so smooth and it looked so soft.

“I came here to see you.” Jongin said, clearing his throat once he realized he had been gawking.

Kyungsoo chuckled. “Was this because I called you hot?”

Jongin pouted.

“No, I just wanted to see you. It makes me happy seeing you”

Kyungsoo stared at him. Yeah, he was really feeling bold with his words.

“Why would I make you happy? Are you teasing me?”

“Well, do you wanna be teased? I’ll do everything you want, Kyungsoo.”

There were only a few students in the library. It seemed liked it was just the two of them there. Kyungsoo was looking straight into his eyes. Jongin was then unsure of what he was saying. Shall he wink? That’s too much, he’s not that brave yet.

“Kim Jongin. Is it just me or are you flirting with me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sorry if this was late, Comments and upvotes are appreciated. thank you (: