Confession

Bother Brother

I


 

 

 

It was supposed to be a normal afternoon after class has ended except that it's not. He would've gone west towards home but he went east toward the small playground he's currently at. A letter -- a love letter-- is clutched on his right hand. The letter told him to go there. He was expecting a confession. That much was obvious after weeks of getting anonymous love notes almost every morning. So he's there with a girl blushing right in front of him who just said a rather long speech about how she likes him. The speech was cute, it made Kyungsoo smile. The girl was just as cute. She was shorter than him, a ribbon tied on her hair.

She tried to smile at him trying to act confident.

The park was empty except for the two of them. The swings were swaying due to the wind, and some cars were passing on the street across the park.

"So..uhhmm.. I-it's okay if you don't like me back" The girl stuttered, but it was obvious that it wouldn’t be okay. He could already foresee the girl crying herself to sleep if he rejects her right there and then. Kyungsoo still haven't experienced love. He still hadn’t been in a relationship before, and the blushing girl in front of him just bared her feelings for him.

She doesn't seem bad.

Maybe he could do this.

Maybe some people would stop thinking he’s cold as ice if he now has a girl as sweet as her for a girlfriend.

The girl was rubbing the sole of her feet on the ground, awkward and nervous at his non-response. The girl has long lashes.

Kyungsoo arranged the glasses he was wearing on the bridge of his nose and then cleared his throat. The girl twitched from the sudden noise. Her lashes flutters open to look straight at him.

"I think we could make this work."

---

Jongin was on their living couch begrudgingly reading a book he just borrowed from the library.

It was supposed to be a normal afternoon after class had ended except that it's not. He went straight to the library when the bell rung earlier to return the book he had finished reading in order to borrow a new one. This was of course all just an excuse to see his favorite bespectacled library assistant, but all effort was in vain since he wasn’t even there.

It was something about "Kyungsoo is getting a confession." that Minseok, the other library assistant, told him as if it was a gossip he should be interested in.

Not seeing a glimpse of the small freshman already dampened his mood, but he was also getting a confession. That’s double jeopardy, and Jongin had no control what would happen.

So there he was, Jongin trying to take his mind off Kyungsoo by reading one page over and over again. He’s not concentrated enough to get the details of the story into his mind, so he had to repeat the same paragraph anew. Kyungsoo was just a crush. He was just a cute freshman that had caught his eyes. It's not like he was going to act on that crush. He was more like just a candy for his eyes. He was sure though that the boy did not like him back as he would just reply one-word response if he ever tried to initiate a conversation with him.

He was so cold, but that at least gave Jongin hope that Kyungsoo would just be as cold to his confessor.

Jongin could hear the door creak. His head perked up to see his sister Sohyun coming into the room. Sohyun had a ribbon tied on her hair, Jongin almost laughed wanting to sister about her being a kid. It had been so long since Sohyun had tied her hair like that. Who was she trying to impress? Another person then followed her sister and Jongin saw thick framed-glasses, thick brows, and white skin.

Jongin blinked. Why was Kyungsoo here?

The freshman glanced at him, he could see the of recognition in his eyes upon seeing him.  He gave a tiny polite bow. Jongin almost scoffed, the younger wasn't so polite to him before with his one word replies in the library. Why is he together with his sister? Jongin could see the warning signs already, and he does not want to know.

"Brother," His sister started "This is Kyungsoo. He's ummm..."

Sohyun looked at Kyungsoo for permission and Kyungsoo nodded at her. A smile of encouragement bloomed on his face. Jongin had never seen Kyungsoo smile before. He could actually smile. And oh god, it was shaped like a heart.

Jongin had to bite his tongue from cooing out loud.

"He's my boyfriend."

Jongin was silenced from his thought.

"Your what?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-