Chapter VII: Your Call

That Cold Starlight

“Hey! How are you? Are you okay? I heard you went to the hospital?” Jisoo’s voice can be heard through the other line. I am quite fine though, I already went home after a few tests and will be back for the follow up checkup next week.

“Hm… 괜찮아. 걱정마 ~ (I’m okay. Don’t worry.)  ” I said in an irritated tone. I don’t know why I am so irritated may be because that er didn’t show up even after I planned all of this.

Yes, I planned all of this. I hired someone to act like he hurt me and ended up having bruises. I wanted him to pay attention to me like he used to.

알았어. 올른 . (Okay. Sleep now.)” I just hummed in response and ended the call.

This seems yucky but I kind of miss the sight of that er singer. I don’t know what is wrong with me and this is so irritating!

I am staring blankly at the ceiling when my phone rang. I didn’t look at it assuming that it’s Jisoo calling. I got irritated by the sound and lazily picked it up on the side bed and saw an unregistered number calling.

“I am too tired for prank callers.” I thought, but another side of me wanted to answer this call and I did.

“…” waiting for the other caller to speak.

“What happened? Ya! Hyojong, why can’t I hear anything? Did she hang up or something?” My heart skipped a beat.

“Hello? Hello? There’s no one talking. ? 휴대폰을 보려! (Oh? Throw your phone!) It’s useless. I don’t even know why do you even want to call her. Pshhh…” My eyebrow automatically raised. This pale guy is really getting to my nerves.

For the first time, I didn’t have the guts to talk and say that I can hear them. Maybe I am just too tired of the happenings.

“I don’t know if it’s my phone but, if you can hear me. Uh… Hope you’re okay and rest well.” And just like that. The call ended. I didn’t even have the chance to say thank you. I wanted to smack myself for being such a coward for a few minutes and I don’t know why.

I stared blankly at the ceiling again while trying to feel the beat of my heart. It just won’t beat back to normal pace and I can’t sleep.

--

좋은 아침! (Good Morning!)” I greeted the staff with a smile. I haven’t had a good sleep, but I feel good. Maybe it’s because of the medicine I’ve been taking. A week passed by after the calling incident happened and this is the first day of the rehearsal for the musical that I will be casted to.

“Yo! In a good mood, huh?” Right! I forgot that this pale guy is also here at the company. Try to act nice Shinhye!

“Hi… 요정? (Fairy).”

댄싱 요정 알거든 근데, 이름이 요정아니라 효정 with H. Hyojong. (I know that I am a dancing fairy but, my name is not fairy but Hyojung with H. Hyojung)” I just rolled my eyes. I am trying to be nice but seeing this pale guy is making my blood boil to the max level.

I forced a smile and gritted my teeth while talking, “I don’t care.” And continued walking towards the practice room.

“Omo! Such an evil witch! Yong shouldn’t have brought you to the hospital.” He stomped his feet as he walked away. Such an immature kid. But, wait… he took me to the hospital?

He did?

I smiled at the thought and slides my way to the rehearsal hall.

“So… everyone is here, right?” asked the choreographer. I am the lead star here along with a known musical artist Jang Geunsuk? I don’t know him, but they said he’s a great musician.

“Since, everyone is here. I’d like to make an announcement, first.” The pale guy suddenly popped out beside me.

“Evil witch…” He whispered.

“Fairy…” I teased back.

“I ain’t evil.”

“Who says? Fairies can be evil too.” I mocked. Heh. You can’t win.

“Aish… Fairies are cute unlike evil witches like you.” I am having fun teasing him as the choreographer is till babbling nonsense.

“Who sa---”

“Let’s welcome the rising star, Jung Yonghwa.” Choreographer said and clapped.

W-what? W-why is he here? My heart raised at the sight of him. Oh . This is not good.

? ? - 여기있어? … (Oh? Hyung? W-why are you here? You…” he looked at me with a confused look.

He walked towards us and sat beside me and not the pale guy. WTF. Why is this happening? Why heart is getting crazy. Is this what they call heart attack? Should I call 119 again?

신혜선배님, 부탁합니다. (Shinhye sunbaenim, please take good care of me/ I’m looking forward working with you)” He said why smiling before sitting beside pale guy.

 

 

 

---

What do you think about this Chapter? More YongShin moments to come guys! Keep reading and comment down below! ^^