Chapter 2

Apricity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Faster Miss Y/N ! Faster ! "

You wiped the sweat from your forehead and bent down to catch your breath . You were sure that you looked like a zombie right now . Your shirt was dripping wet . Each and every muscle of your body ached and you just needed sleep right now . " I ....can't ...I " You murmured and failed to form sentences . " Fine . Let's take a break ." Baekhyun suggested and sat down on the bench near you . 

It's been a week since you became a secretary . You attended meetings , sent e-mails and organised your boss's schedule . The work load was too much and the job was demanding but you were somehow able to handle it . You clearly remember your first day when you fell asleep during a meeting . You had apologised to Baekhyun numerous time and he decided to accept your apology on one condition . You had never thought that sleeping during a meeting would cost you your sleep . That explains your presence here . You had never imagined that your boss would ask you to jog with him at 6: 30 in the morning . You sweared you were never going to sleep during a meeting ever again .You thought being his secretary was going to be easy , but nah , the universe loves to play games with you .

You took baby steps to your seat . You slouched against the seat and closed your eyes to relax . Gradually , you breath became normal . " Here . Drink this ." He handed you a bottle of water and you bowed your head . " You must be thinking that I'm the worst boss in the world . " He chuckled and drank some water hungrily , water dripping from his chin , sliding down to his chest . Was it your imagination or he was looking really hot ? " I did deserve punishment for I had done ." You spoke and looked down . " Honestly , I called you because I was lonely . I love being close to people and having someone to talk to , so I called you . As far as you are concerned , you do give a good laugh when you run .It's your choice to come to jog with me everyday . Come on , it's time to run ." He grinned before running away . You gasped and huffed before catching up with him . Even though it was annoying , you felt like jogging with him everyday . And you did .

♦            ♦            ♦            ♦

You wondered why Baekhyun asked you to come to his office . He had no schedules as of now . " Yes Sir ? " You asked him , careful to hide your nervousness . " I have someone I would like you to meet ." He smiled and as if on cue a cute boy who had been hiding behind him ran towards you and hugged your legs .You shot him a questioning look . " I think you already did . Miss Y/N , meet my nephew , Jaehyun . " He introduced you to the little cutie pie . You bent down to the child's level and smiled at him . You swear you were going to melt seeing his cute eyes . " Hello , I'm Byun Jaehyun . " You kissed his cheeks and pulled it lightly . " Hello sweetheart . I'm Y/N , your uncle's secretary ." You chuckled seeing him pout . Baekhyun cleared his throat , tired of being ignored . You had totally forgotten about your boss and quickly stood up . " I want you to take care of Jaehyun today . " Baekhyun requested . " But what about the work Sir ? " You questioned .

" I will take care of that ." 

 

" And this is how you draw a flower ." You showed Jaehyun your sketch of a rose and he clapped his hands . You were a babysister before you worked as a waitress so you had some experience with kids . You were sure that you were gonna become the best mother after knowing numerous tactics . Kids were usually ecstatic with you . They were always fascinated by your drawings . Who wouldn't be ? You had always wanted to become an artist . You didn't become an artist ; the only thing you could do was dream . 

" Can I have a tour of this building ? " 

" Of course ."

 

Baekhyun was anxious . His nephew was a mischievous kid . Honestly , he was scared of the cute little devil . He clearly remembers the day when the kid spilled paint in his bedroom and added cucumbers in his dish without him knowing . Chills ran down his spine when he remembered how he vomitted and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night . He was walking towards the conference room when his eyes landed on you . You were looking outside the window with Jaehyun by your side . He saw you drawing an imaginary circle with your hands and pouting . You picked him up and nuzzled your nose with him . He didn't realise that he was smiling this entire time but he knew it was definitely because of you .

♦             ♦             ♦              ♦

 Baekhyun adored his employees . He believed that being close to them would increase trust and would help to establish a healthy and a friendly relationship . He always devised ways to be casual with them and keep them happy . After all , they worked hard for their families . The opening of his new hotel was near , all of the people were under pressure , and a company dinner would definitely cheer them up . 

" I know you all are under pressure and are working hard day and night . I want you to relax today and enjoy the time together and forget about the work for the time being . I know I'm not the best boss -" His little speech was interrupted with 'No Sir ' , 'That's not true ' , and ' You're the best ' . " I'm still young and I'm trying hard to be come one . Anyways , Cheers ! To Mistic chain of hotels ! " He continued and lifted his glass of wine in a toast , followed by the others . You lifted your glass of wine and drank it a bit . " Wohoo~ " Baekhyun shouted and the party began .

 

You had never imagined that  a company dinner could be fun . It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter